C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looks like I'm going to take the Charger plunge!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:14 AM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

ecs 1500 kit hands down the best
Old 10-22-2014, 03:15 PM
Brit dex
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Y2KRoadster
LOL@ your title OP. The way you capitalized "charger" and the context at which you presented the title sounds like you are going out to by a Dodge Charger.

I didn't read through all the other comments but, I'm guessing the term of "usable power" would be something 600whp and below? If that is the case, you can't go wrong with a Vortech V3Si, T-trim, or Procharger P1SC or D1SC. I would personally get a T-trim or D1SC. Either of these can easily get to 600whp without meth but they both have more room to grow than the other two. They are also marginally more expensive. I think upgrading from an Si trim to T-trim is only $450. The T-trim and D1SC can get you into the mid-high 700's without losing efficiency. They will still hit hard down low even being limited to 600whp with a bigger pulley. If you ever decide to build your motor in the future...you won't have to worry about upgrading your head unit if you want more power.

I would also suggest buying an A&A or ECS kit. They are both the best in the business.

Hope this helps. Good luck in your build.
Yes should have put supercharger!
And correct useable power on the street, 600 would be amazing, I'm thinking on auto circa 550 is probably best case.. Want to have bit of fun with rather than wheel spin or wrestling with it..
The auto trans concerns me with power, but think I need to maybe factor in it is going to go at some point!
I wil look into this t trim version of vortec ....Will it work on LS1 OK?
Old 10-22-2014, 10:12 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by Brit dex
Yes should have put supercharger!
And correct useable power on the street, 600 would be amazing, I'm thinking on auto circa 550 is probably best case.. Want to have bit of fun with rather than wheel spin or wrestling with it..
The auto trans concerns me with power, but think I need to maybe factor in it is going to go at some point!
I wil look into this t trim version of vortec ....Will it work on LS1 OK?
Drove mine 1500 mi a&a v3 stock motor, started to save for an upgraded auto and motor went boom! So now I have a forged 383 going in and will still save for the tranny next, oh but how fun it was driving around while it lasted! Faast and a sleeper well if a vette can be a sleeper. It was worth it for me, but if you drive it hard it could break just have a plan so you are caught off guard. Good luck
Old 10-23-2014, 04:26 AM
Brit dex
Pro

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
Drove mine 1500 mi a&a v3 stock motor, started to save for an upgraded auto and motor went boom! So now I have a forged 383 going in and will still save for the tranny next, oh but how fun it was driving around while it lasted! Faast and a sleeper well if a vette can be a sleeper. It was worth it for me, but if you drive it hard it could break just have a plan so you are caught off guard. Good luck
Your motor went?!!! Damn ok, thanks for heads up on that, had thought the engine wouldn't be a weak point... Trans maybe!

How many miles has your engine done? Do you drive it like you stole it?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Forcedvert
Melting Slicks

Received 371 Likes on 318 Posts

Your motor went?!!! Damn ok, thanks for heads up on that, had thought the engine wouldn't be a weak point... Trans maybe!

How many miles has your engine done? Do you drive it like you stole it?
50,000 or so I bought it at 42,000 so not sure how it was taken care of before me, and yes I drive it like I stole it every chance I get or got :-/ lots of fun! I pushed it hard and blame no one but myself, just be aware it can pop, but lots of people have many miles on these kits with stock motors with no problems to speak of, just keep your eyes open! mine is not my primary transportation just a toy so I pushed it! oh well. Good luck
Old 10-25-2014, 02:13 PM
Brit dex
Pro

Originally Posted by Forcedvert
50,000 or so I bought it at 42,000 so not sure how it was taken care of before me, and yes I drive it like I stole it every chance I get or got :-/ lots of fun! I pushed it hard and blame no one but myself, just be aware it can pop, but lots of people have many miles on these kits with stock motors with no problems to speak of, just keep your eyes open! mine is not my primary transportation just a toy so I pushed it! oh well. Good luck
I hear you!!

Thanks
Old 10-29-2014, 02:01 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

I hear you!!

Thanks
If you want the motor to last and not be under undue stress, I would recommend not going over 6 lbs boost with tock internals.

On an stock LS-1, that should put you at around 480-500 RWHP. On an LS-6 about 500-530 RWHP.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:30 AM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
If you want the motor to last and not be under undue stress, I would recommend not going over 6 lbs boost with tock internals.
well that's just no fun
Old 11-05-2014, 08:02 PM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

shoot, i've been pushing about 11psi on my stock longblock with a PD blower... granted i ain't flooring it everywhere, but it's been fine. i wouldn't just blanket recommend that to everybody, though, however 8-9psi from a centri is easy to work with.

Quick Reply: Looks like I'm going to take the Charger plunge!