C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intercooler options for C5?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:01 PM
StuntHeavy
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by neutron82
how much power are you wanting to make?... I have seen Bret's intercooler, I believe it is from dallas performance and that is one big sucker... I don't think they advertise much for our cars but they can make or fab up anything you need... the big ecs intercooler is also a well made unit, the only thing I don't like about it is the flange for the bov is on the driver side so the hot air from the blower can heat up the intercooler before it is vented and it might be a little more difficult to detect a leaking blower seal since the oil will be flowing into the intercooler before it exits the bov... that is just a small issue that can be fixed pretty easy and if you buy one new I'm sure they could make it without the flange... it also has a 3" inlet and 4" outlet which is nice and will support most builds... a&a also has a nice intercooler with some shielding on it to help airflow through it, I'm not sure on the inlet and outlet sizes on it though... I think the above 3 are probably the best out there for our cars and any of them would probably support the power just fine, just depends on your personal preference

As is, the engine will likely be capable of much more, but I'm shooting for 1000rwhp. I think at that point, the engine will stout enough to still consider that a safe power level. I'll probably be running out of blower, if anything.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:41 PM
MVP'S ZO6
ISIS SUCKS FAT CHOAD
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

I also have the ECS big intercooler in my car.

It works very good.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:31 PM
Wedragbody
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoaf85

What hotside setup are you running?

Quick Reply: Intercooler options for C5?