C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e looking to make 1000hp

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 07:20 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

can you all comment on what the update cost was from lvl 7 to level 10

I'm amazed at the power these transmissions can hold!

I'm another satisfied Lvl 7 with a TTix Car makes 800 but I drive it mostly on the street with RA1 335s out back and it's only been drag raced a few times so it's holding up great after about 15k street miles with the ocassional flogging. I do remember it down shifting from 4th to 2nd violently enough to spin the car around at 60 (doh!!)

Have you guys found a good solid shifter *(console bump)* or better yet a viable paddle shift system.

I love the RPM tranny but would like to improve control of the car and get better engine braking in the lower gears.

I'm also interested to see if RPM had done anything with the new 8 or 10 speed boxes.

They are beefy (750 ft lbs of grunt) and have some VERY sophisticated adaptive shifting strategies. This might take a while but I'm excited to try retrofitting one of the more modern slush boxes like the vette 8 spd into my old c5 mutt. Might take some serious work but I'm betting it will still work out cheaper than the 480LE retrofit which to me is a bit steep!!
Old 03-02-2017, 09:42 AM
smokinstorm
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

When I upgraded their Level V that I had to their Level VII they charged me the difference between the two as listed on their site plus the $650 refresh fee. The cost to upgrade to the Level X from the Level VII will be the $650 refresh fee plus $1250 ($5645-$4395) unless something is broken already that needs to be replaced that will not be replaced by the Level X items going in. That's what I was quoted as I'm going to upgrade to the Level X as soon as I have any transmission problems or it goes back to RPM at the end of 2017 for a refresh.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:31 AM
Roger G
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 1,400 HP 4l60e Level 3 Black Edition by PerformaBuilt Transmission

So did lots of research and decided to go with a 4l60e from PerformaBuilt Transmission out of PA! They have had great success with not one of their Level 3 Black Editions failing for five years now!

They built mine to hold the max power possible for my setup! I'm shooting for 1,400 RWHP if I fall short of that power I will still be good with this tranny!

Ryan and Allen really took great care of me and even posted the assembly of my tranny on line! You can check it out yourselves at the follow link:

https://youtu.be/cCWSh8u_H6A

He explains where they fail and how they correct those issues!! It's currently in the mail and I can't wait to go have some fun with "The Vader"!

Good luck on your builds I will post videos as I install and track the car!

Roger
Old 06-22-2018, 03:15 PM
C6vettegfw
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by algZO6
it hasn't been on the dyno with the latest setup. its a basic forged 365, 220 TFS heads worked over by Tooley, Tooley cam, FTI stall, 3.42s, on a 275 pro. best time in 5000' DA is 8.84@154. she's a heavy girl, nothing taken out plus a 6 point, amps, blower, ect. Last time i weighed her she was almost 3700.
at what power level bud?
Old 06-22-2018, 04:00 PM
algZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 80 Posts

that setup did 1011 at the wheel, new setup just did 1160
Old 07-04-2018, 03:51 AM
nfantbabyjesus
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger G
So did lots of research and decided to go with a 4l60e from PerformaBuilt Transmission out of PA! They have had great success with not one of their Level 3 Black Editions failing for five years now!

They built mine to hold the max power possible for my setup! I'm shooting for 1,400 RWHP if I fall short of that power I will still be good with this tranny!

Ryan and Allen really took great care of me and even posted the assembly of my tranny on line! You can check it out yourselves at the follow link:

https://youtu.be/cCWSh8u_H6A

He explains where they fail and how they correct those issues!! It's currently in the mail and I can't wait to go have some fun with "The Vader"!

Good luck on your builds I will post videos as I install and track the car!

Roger
I also chose to go with performabuilt, but am not at 1000. i went with the level two and ill be pushing it to see what it will hold as it's rated for 700 and i should somewhere in the 700's.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:36 PM
js23881
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm putting down 1185 to rear wheel with F!X. I use boost leash out of hole to temper hit and launch at 2250 rpm with my two step. Whole power curve is applied within .6 seconds. I have level x with a few additional things from rpm and it seems solid. I went with 2.83 first gear to help initial hit and I think that allows you to apply more power. H
oping to be in 8's on very hot day at Charlotte street takeover this weekend..
The following users liked this post:
nfantbabyjesus (07-05-2018)

Quick Reply: 4l60e looking to make 1000hp