C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st Gen Procharger Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Fsharp9
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1st Gen Procharger Question

I have a 1st Gen Procharger kit with a P1sc- 1 head, I have a catch can between the PCV and the manifold. There is a hose going to the air box from the passenger valve cover for fresh air, can I just put a filter on that line to stop oil from getting sucked into the air box and dripping on my driveway ?.....Wife is pissed !

Last edited by Fsharp9; 08-07-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:43 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsharp9
I have a 1st Gen Procharger kit with a P1sc- 1 head, I have a catch can between the PCV and the manifold. There is a hose going to the air box from the passenger valve cover for fresh air, can I just put a filter on that line to stop oil from getting sucked into the air box and dripping on my driveway ?.....Wife is pissed !
No, that line should be seeing vacuum under throttle and putting a filter on it will just create a vent, not vacuum. Hit up Mighty Mouse and he can help you find out why you have so much blow by and come up with a way to address the issue.

The easy way out is to put a catch can in the line from valve cover to filter.

Last edited by Turpid porpoise; 08-10-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Quick Reply: 1st Gen Procharger Question