C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 12:07 AM
thatguy662
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default New mods

Got a few things ordered and need some help with setup...

Car currently has american racing longtubes, b&b offroad x and axleback, vararam intake, btr stage 4 cam (yes it's a little much but thats how I bought it), comp cams pushrods, straub trunions, patriot double valve springs & titanium retainers, melling oil pump, c5r timing chain, trickflow sfi harmonic balancer, and a built tranzilla trans with mcleod clutch (not sure of internal specs). Seems like a good base for what I want to do with it. So my questions...

I ordered a fast 102 intake manifold, nick williams 102 throttle body, and a nitrous express 102 plate kit (planning to spray 150).

heads: I have been reading alot about heads and might as well go ahead and do that too along with this setup. Looking at btr trick flow 220s from everything I've read. ARP headstuds necessary and needed?Open to other options and ideas obviously. What else would I need to get heads with this setup? Injectors?

Nitrous setup: gonna get some type of window switch and been reading up on lingenfelter timing retard stuff but I am honestly lost. Options and suggestions? Also read when using this plate setup the throttle body will hit a belt tensioner so I need to get the katech one.

Not sure what else I may be missing as I am very new to the corvette community...

Last edited by thatguy662; 09-21-2017 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:27 PM
C5Z_Guy
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're definitely going to need more fuel. Unless you already have fuel and didn't mention it.

I'm running a wet 150 on a stock Z06 and I'm pretty much at the limit of the stock pump at 530whp. So you can add that to your budget. If going dry, you will need injectors and most likely a pump. If wet, you should get a stand alone for the nitrous and you will most likely need injectors N/A regardless.

As far as the 102 setup goes, you will need to grind down the water pump a bit for the intake manifold to fit properly.

The Lingenfelter controller would be good for you since you will have a strong N/A setup and you don't want to rob power when you're off the juice. It will pull timing as soon as you start spraying, it will be wired with your activation switch, so you can have full timing N/A and optimal timing when spraying vs having to run a nitrous tune at all times (timing pulled out at all times). I personally don't have one, it's not needed, but I would recommend it for you so that you can get the most out of your N/A setup. You will need a window switch for sure, I have the nitrous outlet winmax, but you can go with something more basic if you just want a RPM activation switch. The winmax is RPM and TPS activation plus it allows you to control up to 2 stages of nitrous and also has a gear lockout feature.

Oh, add some sticky tires to that list of stuff! You're going to need them.

Last edited by C5Z_Guy; 09-21-2017 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:46 PM
thatguy662
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thabks, it is a wet setup. Gonna go with Lingenfelter LNC-2000 timing retard control for sure. as far as the standalone units go, any way to run it where the factory windshield washer fluid tank is?

also as far as A/F ratio wideband and rpm window switch goes, im looking into the innovate psn-1 gauge/ controller

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/psn1.php

Last edited by thatguy662; 09-21-2017 at 07:48 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:59 PM
C5Z_Guy
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by thatguy662
Thabks, it is a wet setup. Gonna go with Lingenfelter LNC-2000 timing retard control for sure. as far as the standalone units go, any way to run it where the factory windshield washer fluid tank is?

also as far as A/F ratio wideband and rpm window switch goes, im looking into the innovate psn-1 gauge/ controller

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/psn1.php

Nitrous Outlet sells a specific C5 dedicated fuel system that goes up front by the intake on the passenger side. If it was a meth setup then you could use the windshield fluid reservoir since it runs off an external pump, but with the stand alone there is a fuel pump inside the cell. Nitrous Express also makes a fuel cell that goes in the battery tray, but obviously you'd have to relocate the battery. If you mean to remove the reservoir and put the fuel cell in its place, then I'm not sure. Might have to get some custom brackets fabbed up and stuff.

I don't know much about that gauge/controller but it seems like a good unit. I just have a digital nitrous pressure gauge and AEM wideband in a dual column pod. As long as you get a good tune, you'll be fine. I don't have any AFR, bottle pressure, or fuel pressure safeties on my car. I just keep an eye on the AFR's and spray above 900psi (minimum). Even if your bottle runs dry in the middle of a run (won't happen since you'll know when your bottle is running low) chances are you won't hurt anything you'll just feel it fall flat on it's face since you'll be spraying a bunch of fuel and no nitrous, at which point you'd naturally get off the throttle. LOL been there, done that.

Last edited by C5Z_Guy; 09-21-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To New mods

Quick Reply: New mods