Notices
C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Siphon Pump Line Diameter

Old 10-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 134 Likes on 122 Posts
Default Siphon Pump Line Diameter

Anybody know what size the tubes going to and from the Siphon Jet pump are? I've made my own orifice restrictor setup and just need to know what suze fuel line to AN adapters to get. My 3/8 adapter seemed to large so Im guessing 5/16 or even 1/4?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:47 PM
LTstewy8
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5/16" according to my notes. What's the story on this custom orifice? I couldn't find any info on the stock orifice size, but I stopped worrying about it since I've been running 3 bar fuel pressure for about 10,000 miles with no tank transfer issues.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Patches
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 727 Likes on 489 Posts

Here are instructions from RSI on how to make your own venturi.

Buy a -6 AN Y adapter. Tap one of the legs and install a set screw in it. Drill a small (5/64) hole through the middle

The plumbing is fairly basic. You have 2 feed ports on the hanger and 2 return ports. Just make sure you know which ones are which before installing it into the car.

You come out of the hanger with -6 AN lines. You install your Y block in one of the feel lines and the restricted leg of the y will be connected in to the feed line side leading to the passenger tank. This should be the smaller of the hardlines. The other leg of the Y along with the uninterrupted -6 feed line will go to feed you fuel rails. Plumb one of the return ports to the regulator return and plumb the other return port to the return side of the passenger tank.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Turpid porpoise
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 134 Likes on 122 Posts

Thanks Ed. I ended up buying a vibrant 4an-1/8npt restrictor with a 4AN to 6AN transition until I get around to designing and machining a billet orifice adapter. The diameter of the lines above the fuel filter is what I needed so I can buy the adapter fittings to mate the new RSI hat to the siphon feed and return hard lines.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:55 PM
romandian
CF Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

the nylon lines are 5/16 (to jet) and 3/8 (return).
The following users liked this post:
Turpid porpoise (10-16-2017)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Siphon Pump Line Diameter

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: