C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

From Kenne Bell to HPP Twin turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 06:59 PM
TastyBacon
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

@aussieross01, I just have to say that is a spectacular car you built. I'm glad to hear you're still driving and enjoying it!

@Z06PSI, good luck with your build, sounds like it will be a lot of fun too!
The following users liked this post:
aussieross01 (03-09-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM
aussieross01
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06PSI
Apologise for that. My dear old Mum says if you can't find anything positive to say about someone, you should say nothing.

I'm 65 years old now, and been playing with Corvettes, and buying parts from your wonderful country for what seems like most of this time. Buying my KB from Jeff, was singularly the most stressful buying experience I have ever had.

Knowing nothing about super chargers, I naturally came onto this forum to research back I think in 2008, wanting to buy a PD blower for my project.
Jeff was all over this forum, and I recall a lot of argy- bargy back and forth between him, and some of the centri guys.
The KB was touted by many back then as the next big thing.
The claims as I recall were made by Jeff, not KB.
I believe where KB went wrong was appointing this guy in the first place.
I researched KB, read some of their articles. They seemed to make a quality product, and an OE supplier, so I was comfortable with that.
I'm probably the only guy on here that was looking for a nicely designed product of good quality with little focus on performance gains.

I upgraded my clutch, changed the valve springs, installed a 90mm TB, and then had it tuned. It is bloody awesome I reckon. The only complaint I've got is a squeaking 8rib serpentine belt.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:51 PM
FourG63 97GST
Melting Slicks

Received 350 Likes on 191 Posts

looking forward to seeing this, I tried buying that Kit couple years back, but someone got it before me

should be this car

Old 02-26-2018, 12:40 AM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Received 245 Likes on 108 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by FourG63 97GST
looking forward to seeing this, I tried buying that Kit couple years back, but someone got it before me

should be this car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkkTIBHRYuE

That might have been me.

Last edited by Z06PSI; 02-26-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:48 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
Sounds like that tosser really stuffed things up.
Tell me about it I think I got about 60 plus days vacation from the liar. He even posted a dyno sheet said was from his c5. Come to find out it wasn't was from someone else car.

Tell you anything to do a sell. Even told me if it didn't make 800 rwhp that he would buy it back. That didn't happen along with all the other crap from him. I am just glad he is gone from here now... Robert
Old 02-28-2018, 04:46 AM
aussieross01
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robert miller
Tell me about it I think I got about 60 plus days vacation from the liar. He even posted a dyno sheet said was from his c5. Come to find out it wasn't was from someone else car.

Tell you anything to do a sell. Even told me if it didn't make 800 rwhp that he would buy it back. That didn't happen along with all the other crap from him. I am just glad he is gone from here now... Robert
Robert,
given all that transpired with Jeff, and his clearly outlandish HP claims, I can well understand why there are a lot of pissed off KB customers.
In hindsight, based on all I read on here, the KB has limitations, and is unable to make the huge power claimed by this moron.

Having said all of that, I take exception when folk say these units are a " piece of ****", because they are far from that.
I'm very happy with the performance levels, not looking for anymore.
In 7 years, I have not had one single issue, and has been maintainance free. Looks good, performs well.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:08 PM
Turbo-Geist
Melting Slicks

Received 176 Likes on 138 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C5 of Year Finalist

That's a real shame. I can't believe you got a vacation from this site because a vendor blatantly lied about a product. What was their reasoning for giving you a vacation?

In my opinion, one thing that has drastically reduced traffic to this website has been the continued practice of protecting vendors even when they have falsely advertised their product and services. They have purposely misled customers using this forum. The threads get cleaned up and no one is informed of the dangers.

Originally Posted by aussieross01
Robert,
given all that transpired with Jeff, and his clearly outlandish HP claims, I can well understand why there are a lot of pissed off KB customers.
In hindsight, based on all I read on here, the KB has limitations, and is unable to make the huge power claimed by this moron.

Having said all of that, I take exception when folk say these units are a " piece of ****", because they are far from that.
In 7 years, I have not had one single issue, and has been maintainance free. Looks good, performs well.
I understand what you are saying. Your KB blower performs the task it was designed to do. The problem occurs when a vendor, shop, or person makes claims that are well beyond the product's capabilities.

No one is going to be happy buying a product and finding out it won't do what they were told it would do. When 800hp became the goal for most people, this KB blower became obsolete to those people. Instead of accepting this, Jeff lied about the capabilities to make a sale.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:57 PM
aussieross01
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turbo-Geist
That's a real shame. I can't believe you got a vacation from this site because a vendor blatantly lied about a product. What was their reasoning for giving you a vacation?

In my opinion, one thing that has drastically reduced traffic to this website has been the continued practice of protecting vendors even when they have falsely advertised their product and services. They have purposely misled customers using this forum. The threads get cleaned up and no one is informed of the dangers.

I understand what you are saying. Your KB blower performs the task it was designed to do. The problem occurs when a vendor, shop, or person makes claims that are well beyond the product's capabilities.

No one is going to be happy buying a product and finding out it won't do what they were told it would do. When 800hp became the goal for most people, this KB blower became obsolete to those people. Instead of accepting this, Jeff lied about the capabilities to make a sale.
100% agree. I guess it would have helped if KB stepped in, and put things right. I read on here that KB, as a company, are not user friendly. I guess that in itself ( if correct ), compounded the problem.
Old 02-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

100% agree. I guess it would have helped if KB stepped in, and put things right. I read on here that KB, as a company, are not user friendly. I guess that in itself ( if correct ), compounded the problem.
They have a certain amount of arrogance there.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:31 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Robert,

If he had told us in here what it really was & not lied & put up way out numbers on it I would never have gotten it in the first place. Plus him telling me over the phone I needed this part now & that one to make it the power. Then telling me if I got so & so to do the work & tuning on the car. Plus that guy telling me after doing it the dyno pull was wrong the Jeff sent him business to make the number show more.
Plus Jeff telling me if almost 13,k that I paid him for a ton of part if it didn't do that number he would take the stuff back.

Well as you know it didn't make the power & he didn't take it back. I went into a few of his post that he was telling other people the same crap & that is why I got the vacation two diff times from my post on him.

The only real problem I had was the car would over heat & had to put a after market rad in the car to stop that are get it back down to a more safer lever...Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 03-05-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:24 PM
aussieross01
Burning Brakes

If he had told us in here what it really was & not lied & put up way out numbers on it I would never have gotten it in the first place. Plus him telling me over the phone I needed this part now & that one to make it the power. Then telling me if I got so & so to do the work & tuning on the car. Plus that guy telling me after doing it the dyno pull was wrong the Jeff sent him business to make the number show more.
Plus Jeff telling me if almost 13,k that I paid him for a ton of part if it didn't do that number he would take the stuff back.

Well as you know it didn't make the power & he didn't take it back. I went into a few of his post that he was telling other people the same crap & that is why I got the vacation two diff times from my post on him.

The only real problem I had was the car would over heat & had to put a after market rad in the car to stop that are get it back down to a more safer lever...Robert
Thanks Robert
The optimist in me would love to hear from KB on all of this.
Given they pulled the Corvette kit, they probably don't come on this site any longer.
As a past business owner I find myself scratching my head trying to understand why they just stood back and allowed Jeff to do all this damage. It essentially wrecked their Corvette business, plus of course disappointed and upset sooo many customers.
Just doesn't make any sense:- nobody is winning here!!
Old 03-09-2018, 03:25 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Thanks Robert
The optimist in me would love to hear from KB on all of this.
Given they pulled the Corvette kit, they probably don't come on this site any longer.
As a past business owner I find myself scratching my head trying to understand why they just stood back and allowed Jeff to do all this damage. It essentially wrecked their Corvette business, plus of course disappointed and upset sooo many customers.
Just doesn't make any sense:- nobody is winning here!!
Well put man & I have no hard feelings to kenne bell at all then didn't do nothing to me at all. Just Jeff & his bad way of doing business are really not doing good business what so ever.

I have heard he got part of what was coming to him wish no one bad but that guy needs every thing bad that comes his way. Robert
Old 03-09-2018, 04:37 PM
Z06PSI
Team Owner

Well put man & I have no hard feelings to kenne bell at all then didn't do nothing to me at all.
So I own a 2015 Mustang. Because of the bad taste in my mouth from the Corvette debacle I could not justify giving that company a single dime for my supercharger setup.
Old 03-09-2018, 06:21 PM
aussieross01
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the input guys.

I can well understand the disappointment many of you feel as a result of this Jeff guy.
I have had nothing but good experiences with help and advice from this forum. My buying experience getting my KB was the singular bad experience here, but at least I am happy with the product. I concluded fairly early in my transaction with him that he was someone I should not have been dealing with.
It's doubly hard when you are trying to put a deal together 12,000 miles away down here in Australia.
Still, it's all history now, and I guess we all need to move on.

For my part I will continue to enjoy my KB. I do love it.

Happy vetting guys

PS:- for those interested, I am building another radical custom down here called the C36. It's a heavily modded '69 vert body, on top of a C6 Z06 platform. Check out if interested
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-a-c6-z06.html

Quick Reply: From Kenne Bell to HPP Twin turbo build