C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mileage

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 10:41 AM
Jim D
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mileage

I know this isn't about induction/nitrous, but I figure you guys know engines better then the waxers. I have a chance to buy a 98 that has 82K on it ,the body and interior is real nice, what are these engines good for until it needs a rebuild,and how much would a rebuid be. I can pick this up pretty reasonable, thanks in advance Jim.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:46 PM
VERTVETTE
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Mileage (Jim D)

I know this isn't about induction/nitrous, but I figure you guys know engines better then the waxers. I have a chance to buy a 98 that has 82K on it ,the body and interior is real nice, what are these engines good for until it needs a rebuild,and how much would a rebuid be. I can pick this up pretty reasonable, thanks in advance Jim.

What kinda $$$$ are we talken.
Old 10-20-2002, 01:27 PM
ICULUKN-C5
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Re: Mileage (VERTVETTE)

well to be honest the motor can last well over 100k, but if you are worried about the integrety of the motor, you can get a brand new LS6 short block for 5k or a complete New LS1 long block for about the same price. With that many miles I wouldn't do forced induction though.

Get notified of new replies

To Mileage

Quick Reply: Mileage