C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bret Bradbury - Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 04:22 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Received 70 Likes on 45 Posts

Default Bret Bradbury - Review

Hello,

I thought it would be appropriate to provide some feedback regarding my recent experiences with Bret. I live in WY, and of course, he is in TX.

After an awful experience at RMCR in CO, which resulted in a blown motor that destroyed even the block, I was done with my car. I got only 1500 miles out of my car after an A&A kit was installed/tuned by RMCR before the destruction happened. I put my car away for 2 months, so as to not make any emotional decisions about keeping or fixing her. My wife and I live a debt free life, so borrowing money was never an option. Bret, not knowing me in any fashion, reached out to me on the forums in the summer of 2017. We spoke on the phone a few times, he helped me understand my options, costs, etc. which include simply selling the car. I have two jobs and 3 kids under the age of 4, thus my priority is not my C5 Z06 that had only 23K miles on it when it let go. I was 80%sell 10%fix 10%do nothing and let her sit.

As in any healthy marriage, my wife and I made the tough decision together to fix the car, which would mean a cash only fix. She wanted the car fixed more than I did. I was truly done with the car after being ripped off by RMCR in CO. I needed someone I could trust, someone that would communicate with me, someone that would explain things to me, and someone that would look out for my best interest. I did not/do not have the time or knowledge to fix a destroyed motor. Although I am willing to learn, the phase in my at this time doesn't allow for the time to get into something so heavy. Bret was the only person that was open to talking to me at my level of understanding, and understood a very simple concept that few vendors understand:

HE IS NOT IN THE CAR BUSINESS, BUT THE PEOPLE BUSINESS!

I had my car loaded and tailored to TX from WY. His communication with me throughout the next several months was exceptional. This communication included how many customers were in front of me, any interruptions with parts being ordered/delivered, delays due to finding other problems (such as the block being unusable), my goals, and explanations of my options which included pros/cons of these options. Lastly, he explained to me how things worked, why he does things the way he does, and provided me with an overall learning experience that was understood by someone that doesn't share his depth of knowledge. I could call him at 7am or 11pm and he would be available. Due to his excellent custom service, I tried to be the best customer I could be by being flexible and understanding given he has many customers, especially during racing season, when I myself do not race my car.

Probably the greatest aspect of my experience with Bret was the friendship I developed with him over the months. We had/have several conversations that would last 1hr + that had nothing to do with cars. Some of our conversations really required trust and honesty from both sides. I found this with Bret and this type of integrity carried over into his customer service and work completed on my car.

Now, I have my car back and Bret, I love you man! He is an awesome person and Vette expert. I know I am repeating what many of you already know, but coming from a guy that didn't know WTF to do when this adventure started, as well as a guy from WY working with a guy far away from TX, I felt it important for this community to know of my exceptional experience. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to PM about my experience.

In the end, this was results:

Prior to Bret's work:
RMCR destroyed my O2 senors
RMCR lacked any attention to detail with their work and I can give several examples
RMCR's tune was so poor it resulted in the destruction of my motor
611/532 and it lasted 1500 miles before it let go

Post Bret's work:
Iron Block stock displacement, stock heads, stock intake/TB
Stock crank/K2 rods/Wiesco Pistons w/custom rings
Custom Cam
Headers/Exhaust
Back to 3.42 gears
Replaced leaking tranny
e85
Ti-Trim
769rwhp/610rwtq
Safe reliable tune and should last awhile.

Thanks Bret for making 150rwhp+ more power than RMCR on a milder tune. Thanks for the exceptional customer service. Thanks for the friendship brother!

Oh man, and I cannot forget, Bret picked me up at the airport when I flew down to get my car and took me to Pecan Lodge, which was the best damn BBQ I will ever eat in my life. When I left, I wasn't sure if I was more excited about the car or the BBQ.

I also cannot forget the 1.5 hours of free welding lessons I got at his shop. I have never picked up a torch in my life...damn welding is an Art!!!

Jeff

Last edited by Water_Walker; 08-25-2018 at 04:29 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Water_Walker:
C5RH (02-09-2022), CorvetteBrent (08-27-2018), peterskunk (09-05-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 05:20 PM
helga203
Safety Car

Received 434 Likes on 373 Posts

All i can say about him, he is awesome.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:34 PM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

I agree with everything you said, I probably should have made a thread like this a long time ago. Bret spec’d my motor, introduced me to Mike to assemble it, sold and taught me how to install/use a Haltech Elite 2500 and he was always willing to talk as long as necessary to make sure I fully understood what was happening and why. Since I do all of my own fab and labor the only other person I trust to give me advice, sell me parts and tell me when I’m doing it wrong is Bret.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (08-27-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 08:47 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Turpid porpoise
I agree with everything you said, I probably should have made a thread like this a long time ago. Bret spec’d my motor, introduced me to Mike to assemble it, sold and taught me how to install/use a Haltech Elite 2500 and he was always willing to talk as long as necessary to make sure I fully understood what was happening and why. Since I do all of my own fab and labor the only other person I trust to give me advice, sell me parts and tell me when I’m doing it wrong is Bret.
Bret specifically mentioned you to me as a trusting friend.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Darion
Safety Car

Received 232 Likes on 142 Posts

I have been blessed to get to know Bret beyond my love for and his obsession for Corvette, we have alot of distance between us, Ohio to Texas. Am I surprised he did an outstanding job on your car, no, no I'm not! Enjoy!!!
Old 08-25-2018, 09:44 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

had no idea that was your car over there, it looks good and glad you are able to enjoy it again
Old 08-25-2018, 09:51 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neutron82
had no idea that was your car over there, it looks good and glad you are able to enjoy it again
That was me...and he mentioned you as a friend too
Old 08-26-2018, 12:02 AM
Vette97sc
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Bret have best customer service what i ever seen. I dont understand how he have time to everyone, in day have only 24 hours
Old 08-26-2018, 03:32 PM
tbrent
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
2018 C5 of Year Winner

B-Town’s the best! Congrats on being able to enjoy the car again! Nothin worse than a bad car experienc and being sour about a car you loved. I too hope to have B-Town wave his magic wand over my ride someday in the not too distant future. One of the amazing things about Bret is when you’re interacting with him you feel like there isn’t anything else on his mind. Again, congrats and enjoy your sweet ride!
Old 08-27-2018, 12:25 AM
_zebra
Le Mans Master

Received 809 Likes on 533 Posts

i actually dropped my car off at his shop yesterday & after talking to him a few times over the years, i've had the same experience with his communication. he's helped explain a lot of stuff as i've been learning which direction to go with my car (even long before having him work on it was an option). now that i'm finally in a spot to do some more updates, he was the hands-down choice, even after keeping my options open by talking to a few other big-name places in Dallas.
i can't wait to get it back in a few weeks!
Old 08-28-2018, 09:26 AM
silver408z
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 91 Posts

Happy Birthday Bret!
Old 08-28-2018, 10:03 AM
BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Supporting Vendor

Received 314 Likes on 207 Posts

Jeff, Thanks so much for your kind words. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you on your car and am so glad to have a new friend. It's customers like you that make doing what I love so much more enjoyable. I just got on the forum for the first time since you wrote this. I take Sundays for family time and yesterday was my birthday. I still worked my day job, which has been exceptionally busy and the evening was a total blur with more work. Kelly came home with an incredible chocolate mousse cake that put me in a coma for the remainder of the evening.

To everyone else: There are lots of cars out there and considering how much money and time I've spent on mine, I could have a plethora of other cars to choose from. Having friends like you guys is why I don't own any other car. It's not the greatest car, but it's mine and I know it, inside and out all too well. I really appreciate the camaraderie and friendships that this forum has provided us all with.

Bret "B-town"
The following 2 users liked this post by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance:
C5RH (02-09-2022), Water_Walker (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 10:48 AM
Turpid porpoise
Melting Slicks

Received 352 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Water_Walker
Bret specifically mentioned you to me as a trusting friend.
Bret is the man. We have spent hours talking cars and a lot of it wasn't even related to mine or his. He is just an all around good guy whose knowledge is humbling. Everytime I speak with him I learn something new. I've probably learned more in the 6-12 months I've been working with Bret than the last 15 years I've spent screwing with cars.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:11 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I've heard nothing but good things about Brett and I hopefully should have my c5z in his garage shortly for another high hp build.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:31 PM
1stGlance
CF Senior Moments Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06@RKT Performance
Jeff, Thanks so much for your kind words. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you on your car and am so glad to have a new friend. It's customers like you that make doing what I love so much more enjoyable. I just got on the forum for the first time since you wrote this. I take Sundays for family time and yesterday was my birthday. I still worked my day job, which has been exceptionally busy and the evening was a total blur with more work. Kelly came home with an incredible chocolate mousse cake that put me in a coma for the remainder of the evening.

To everyone else: There are lots of cars out there and considering how much money and time I've spent on mine, I could have a plethora of other cars to choose from. Having friends like you guys is why I don't own any other car. It's not the greatest car, but it's mine and I know it, inside and out all too well. I really appreciate the camaraderie and friendships that this forum has provided us all with.

Bret "B-town"
Happy belated B'Day ! to Bret "B-town" lol
I too was a happy customer - !!

Old 08-28-2018, 10:40 PM
Water_Walker
Burning Brakes

Happy Birthday brother!
Old 08-29-2018, 08:58 AM
Podium
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 84 Posts

Brett is an amazing guy. Always willing to help! I look forward to doing business with him this winter after the many PM's we have had.

Get notified of new replies

To Bret Bradbury - Review

Old 08-29-2018, 10:26 AM
TheCartel
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks like your car came out awesome! As to be expected with Brett handling things. Fantastic guy for sure!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:35 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

Brett, is a good one for sure, I know Brett didn't show you how to weld one of the guys did yes. Be glad he didn't take you to white castle Brett buddy happy birthday man have to kid with you when I can.. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 09-01-2018 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:51 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

Brett is fantastic. I wish he were closer for tuning and some other work. It has been incredibly difficult to find anyone that car work on my car locally without screwing something up.

He helped me out with a crank pulley and a lot of advice. Best customer service ever.

Quick Reply: Bret Bradbury - Review