C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 vs C7

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 05:31 PM
TheBigDog
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 28 Posts

Default C5 vs C7

Any of you twin turbo guys get into a dog fight with a C7. Just curious on the outcome. I think my car is faster based on torque and horse power

thanks
Old 10-04-2018, 08:09 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

if you're making more power and get it to the ground there's no reason you couldn't take one in a straight line no matter if it's supercharged, turbo, or n/a
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-05-2018)
Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Quickshift_C5
Melting Slicks

Received 141 Likes on 120 Posts

You can keep up or pass them with not a whole lot of work. Mine is supercharged instead of turbo with 640rwhp. The biggest issue running one in my experience is if they have the automatic and you have the manual. I don't shift as fast as others, so every time I grab a gear they jump ahead like in these videos. The C5Z can hold them at bay or pass them easily in 4th or 5th if they are somewhat similar powered. Both of these passes went across the line about 162mph.

This one they didn't know the exact power, but it just had a pulley/exhaust/tune I believe.

This one had a bit more work and the driver said he put down 660rwhp on the dyno.

Last edited by Quickshift_C5; 10-04-2018 at 08:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-05-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 02:35 PM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

God I wish we had one of those tracks in jersey...That looks awesome
Old 10-12-2018, 04:08 PM
RockyMtC5
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I barely beat stock C7 Stingrays in standing mile with current setup - literally within a couple MPH with my h/c/i C5 coupe edging out two different C7's with automatic transmissions. Neither was side-by-side like in these videos, unfortunately. They were both one at a time events so the only result I have to go off of is the MPH and I ran 165 in Nebraska (C7 ran 164's) and 162.7 in Colorado (C7 ran 160).

I'm getting an A&A installed and Centerforce DYAD clutch next month so next year I should be a little more faster!
Old 10-12-2018, 04:45 PM
neutron82
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,261 Likes on 1,056 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
C5 of Year Winner (performance mods) 2019

I'd say more than a little faster... those speeds will easily be attainable in a half mile
Old 10-12-2018, 08:48 PM
donald4972
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 116 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

OP,
My 2003 C5 has nearly the power of QuickShift C5, at 628 RWHP. It's an A&A Supercharged car, tuned mildly by Andy at A&A, who is not far from me.
I have personal knowledge, that my car is much faster than two local C7 Z06 cars. Each, after 3 hard pulls wanted no more. I was actually surprised they weren't able to stay closer.
Recently, an Audi R8 V10 challenged my car on the Interstate, (on the way down to San Diego) and likely told his buddy, 'watch me beat up on this old C5 Corvette'. I thought it would be the same too, but.....traffic was light, so....WTH. My car beat his in all 3 pulls, but it was much closer. He did get me on the start once, but I chased him down and passed him.

When I was much younger, I raced snowmobiles professionally, for years. I had full sponsorship from Ski-Doo. I beat Al Unser Jr on a Sunday at Eagle River WI, and it was on ESPN. That, was a great moment for me, in my life (way back then). Beating that R8 V10 with my C5, was better !!!

As Neutron82 said, I think (in cars with similar power) it comes down to traction sometimes, who hooks up or not. If you are spinning, you are not
likely winning. I just have Hankook street tires on, for the 'quiet ride' (LOL). Sometimes, my car will spin the tires at 70mph and can 'be a handful', depending on the road and temperature conditions, etc. Sometimes it'll hook up at lower speeds. When I put Toyo R888r's on (likely next), it'll just get faster, everything else being equal.

That's (in part) why C5 rocks! It can easily be made to run with, or better than, newer, much more expensive cars.

Don
Old 10-13-2018, 12:07 AM
junk c5
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 57 Posts

My 700 RWHP front mount turbo C5 will destroy a C7. I ate up a 1000 cc sport bike from a roll one night that I was out looking for trouble.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:16 PM
tabbruzz
Safety Car

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by donald4972
OP,
My 2003 C5 has nearly the power of QuickShift C5, at 628 RWHP. It's an A&A Supercharged car, tuned mildly by Andy at A&A, who is not far from me.
I have personal knowledge, that my car is much faster than two local C7 Z06 cars. Each, after 3 hard pulls wanted no more. I was actually surprised they weren't able to stay closer.
Recently, an Audi R8 V10 challenged my car on the Interstate, (on the way down to San Diego) and likely told his buddy, 'watch me beat up on this old C5 Corvette'. I thought it would be the same too, but.....traffic was light, so....WTH. My car beat his in all 3 pulls, but it was much closer. He did get me on the start once, but I chased him down and passed him.

When I was much younger, I raced snowmobiles professionally, for years. I had full sponsorship from Ski-Doo. I beat Al Unser Jr on a Sunday at Eagle River WI, and it was on ESPN. That, was a great moment for me, in my life (way back then). Beating that R8 V10 with my C5, was better !!!

As Neutron82 said, I think (in cars with similar power) it comes down to traction sometimes, who hooks up or not. If you are spinning, you are not
likely winning. I just have Hankook street tires on, for the 'quiet ride' (LOL). Sometimes, my car will spin the tires at 70mph and can 'be a handful', depending on the road and temperature conditions, etc. Sometimes it'll hook up at lower speeds. When I put Toyo R888r's on (likely next), it'll just get faster, everything else being equal.

That's (in part) why C5 rocks! It can easily be made to run with, or better than, newer, much more expensive cars.

Don
don, do you have a cam and heads in addition to your sc?

Get notified of new replies

To C5 vs C7

Quick Reply: C5 vs C7