C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmonic Balancer/Dampender Thread! Post what you have in there!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 07:35 PM
Naturally Vain
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Harmonic Balancer/Dampender Thread! Post what you have in there!

Hey guys, curious to know what kind of Harmonic Balancer you are using, size, and your current RWHP if you want to add that and if you are satisfied with what you have.....And if you are not, what do you wish you went with!

Thanks so much!!!
Old 02-27-2019, 06:04 AM
wscott62893
Burning Brakes

Received 269 Likes on 156 Posts

I’ve installed a Powerbond 25% UD unit w/ AC. In the process I pinned the crank. I currently have full bolt-ons, but am saving my pennies for a HCI setup later this year. I’m expecting around 450rwhp/4xxrwtq all said and done. I’m happy with the balancer so far. I had a noticeable wobble from the OEM unit prior to install. The Powerbond is a quality product and I expect it to last longer then the motor at this point. I don’t have any charging/AC/Power steering issues with the UD pulley.

For what it’s worth, I wouldn’t buy anything other then a Powerbond or ATI balancer. They’re certainly the “go to” brands amongst forum members. Innovators West is another brand you'll see folks get as well. They seem to be "the guys" for OD applications paired with a blower.

Last edited by wscott62893; 02-27-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:34 PM
97 SC Cobra
Burning Brakes

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts

Innovators West 10% OD here. I have no idea if it’s better than anyone else’s but it looks pretty.

Get notified of new replies

To Harmonic Balancer/Dampender Thread! Post what you have in there!

Quick Reply: Harmonic Balancer/Dampender Thread! Post what you have in there!