C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A w/ 3.8, Gates K060910 RPM belt LOOSE??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 11:50 AM
DrRaySomeDay
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Default A&A w/ 3.8, Gates K060910 RPM belt LOOSE??

I installed a new Gates RPM belt on my A&A powered car last night. I got the K060910 size that was recommended. We got it properly tightened last night, it had a bit of squeal at first, but a bit of belt conditioner spray and she was good. This morning, I started the Vette up while I moved another car and thought it sounded a lot quieter than usual. I realized I didn't hear the blower. I popped the hood and realized the belt was not moving. None of the accessories we're going. I saw a little bit of slack in the belt and touched it with a screwdriver to see how much give it had. As soon as I touched it, everything started spinning. The belt looked noticeably 'floppy' though. I stopped the car, ensured the belt was routed correctly and not missing any pulleys and everything was as it should be. The J bracket on the supercharger is as far to the left (toward driver's side) as it can go, it cannot get any tighter. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: A&A w/ 3.8, Gates K060910 RPM belt LOOSE??