C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (w/in 250 mi)

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 05:21 PM
voksbug
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (w/in 250 mi)

I'm considering buying a magnuson s/c. Not sure If I'm going to have it installed or do it myself. In either case, I guess I'll need a good tuner to finish the process. Does anyone know of a good one near Columbia, SC? I'm in the Air Force and live about 30 miles from there. The name of a good paint and body shop for the hood would be helpful as well. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2003, 06:10 PM
George Cooper
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (voksbug)

In Columbia, for paint and body work go to Jeff Knight, Knight Enterprises, 90 Old Barnwell Road, West Columbia, SC 29170 (803) 796-4616. Jeff painted my car and did a great job - nice guy too.

If you want to come down to Charleston, go to Jamison’s Custom Corvette, Inc., 3973 Ashley Phosphate Road, Charleston, SC 29418 (843) 552-2024

Kerry Jamison has done a couple of Magnusons, and anything that he does is done right. Absolutely first class. I can't say enough nice things about those folks.

Tuning, especially for a Magnuson that is not on an otherwise stock car and thus cannot use the canned tuning, is a problem. East Coast Supercharging has a great rep but is in NJ. Roger Vinci in Orlando would be my recommendation for the Mag.

DO NOT under any circumstances go to More Performance in Charlotte. They trashed my car, and much worse than that, failed to tell me about most of the problems that they caused.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:14 AM
Jackj42
Instructor

Sorry to hear about your experience with More Performance. I had excellent service and they did a very good job for me with my Vortech and other mod installation. I would recommend them.

Jack
Old 08-30-2003, 08:23 AM
blown in n.c.
Drifting

Default Re: Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (Jackj42)

More did me good as well with h/c, lt headers, and ATI--no tuning issues and NO codes. I'd recommend them too. I'm sure Rick (nitro-C5) will agree as well and you can read all about his in an upcomeing CF issue.

[Modified by blown in n.c., 1:25 PM 8/30/2003]
Old 08-30-2003, 04:42 PM
George Cooper
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (blown in n.c.)

Well, maybe I just caught them at a bad time or got a bad tech - who knows? Glad to hear other folks have done well with them.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:30 PM
voksbug
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I'll try the two you mentioned above. Unfortunately, I've just been informed that I am deploying to the middle east for about 6 months so the mods will have to wait until I get back. Thanks again.

Steve. :flag

Get notified of new replies

To Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (w/in 250 mi)

Quick Reply: Good installer/tuner in South Carolina or nearby (w/in 250 mi)