Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction control and ABS lights came on today, what's wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:17 PM
stromadd
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem but my story is a little more heart breaking :-( My lights came on and the dealership said the module and valve needed to be replaced for the $2600. However, I'm now out of warranty coverage so I really don't wanna spend that cash!! I've been sitting on it and I noticed the abs fuse was blown and replaced that and the lights went off for awhile. They recently came back on and I cleared all the codes and they're currently back off again...so I don't know how long that will last. I'm hoping that maybe one of these things confused the dealership and they gave me the expensive quote and the valve and module don't need to be replaced. Otherwise, do yall have any advice on what to do besides spending that kind of money to fix it?
Old 05-11-2005, 11:51 PM
99Sebring
Advanced

I had this happen on my 92 and it was a sensor that was stuck.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:08 AM
MackIII
Pro

I had this happen to me the first day I drove my brand new 04 home. I took it right back and the service dept. couldn't find anything wrong. They said "drive it get the kinks out "....LOL. I drove it for another 3 days only to have it come on and off at different times. I took it in and they checked everything. Repalced brake module and traction control module and still no luck. So after about the 2nd week I startedlooking to start the lemon law process. It was then that the service guy said he found my problem by accident. He started probing around the battery fuse area when he saw an arc. He moved some wires at the fuse block and noticed that one was loose and making very little contact. He tightened it and all has been well since.......Damn Plant People!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:14 PM
doubledeuce
Instructor

Took my car to the shop today, the guy said I need a new Right front speed sensor. its going to be $300+ with 220 labor. Whats weird was that the online self diagnostics instructions were wrong, you don't have to put the car in ON to run it, you could do it when the car was running. So I couldn't see any current codes with my car on ON and not on start. It cost me some money because I have to go to a shop and they did a diagnostics with their tools, and charged me money. I could have just told the shop what codes I was throwing before i took it in if the instructions were more accurate.

-John

Quick Reply: Traction control and ABS lights came on today, what's wrong?