Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Johnny O's Speedy Christmas at Moroso... December 9th!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
0corvette camp
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Johnny O's Speedy Christmas at Moroso... December 9th!

HO! HO! HO! Let's learn to make our Vettes GO!

After the absolute success of our first Corvette Camp, we are doing a very special one day Camp at Moroso Motorsports Park on Friday December 9, 2005.

Johnny O'Connell's Corvette Camp will bring you personal high performance driving instruction from Corvette Racing's Champion Johnny O'Connell and the opportunity to drive your Vette on a racetrack the way it was meant to be driven. Your day at Corvette Camp includes:

Johnny O's Ground School: Also a stand up comedy routine!
Ground School runs 90 minutes and is a view into the mind of one of Americas great road racers Johnny O'Connell. Covering weight management, vehicle dynamics, understeer/oversteer, heel-n-toe downshifting, braking, vision and ergonomics, the ground school is worth the price of admssion... Ask anyone who attended our camp in September.

Immediately following Ground School, we hit the track to cover heel -n- toe downshifting and put principles to practice. You will be amazed when you get that riight how cool it feels! WUMBAH will be a sound you hear daily!

After we get you dancing on the pedals, it's off to the most amazing half hour of your life (if you're an enthusiast). Touring the course, corner by corner with Johnny O'Connell to learn the "language of the circuit." You will forever have the knowledge took Johnny over 20 years to acquire. Not to mention a keen understanding of each corner on the circuit.

Two "Lead/Follow" sessions follow to build speed on the circuit in a safe and intelligent manner. If you are struggling to keep up, not to worry, myself or another instructor will jump in the car with you to help build your confidence. We had a 60+ year old woman Carol Buellit who I call my "star pupil" that we took to new a new level of driving durning the lead follow.

After lunch (we provide) you will have sessions on circuit based on your experience and speed. Some of our students logged nearly 200 miles on circuit. Johnny O, myself and a " surprize guest" instructor will be there to critique you both in and out of the cockpit. You will build speed intelligently and gain confidence via feed back from Johnny O.

The end of the day brings us back to the classroom for stories with Johnny O and a time to exchange stories and events from the day. You will also get a polo shirt and cap (if you were at Petit Le Mans, you saw our students representing).

I have been around motor racing my entire life and been a student of Jacques Courture, Richard Spenard, Bob Bondurant, Bill Cooper, Mike McGovern and Mark Wolocatiuk... Johnny O is the best instructor in the world. He relates information in a way that makes sense and makes you laugh. If you laugh at something, you remember it.

Johnny O'Connell's Corvette Camp is a great opportunity for you to get your Corvette out on a track in a completely disciplined environment with no worries of cross traffic, Police or Jerry the Jackass on his cell phone, drinking coffee and smoking a cigarette at the same time. We are limiting Corvette Camp to 35 cars at this event which will offer everyone the opportunity to get a ton of track time and instruction time with Johnny O. The cost will be $500 per car... If you want to share with a spouse or friend, that is OK.

Please email me directly at info@corvettecamp.com for more information.

I can only say one thing... Be a DRIVER, not a POLISHER!
Wumbah!

Rick Swarts
Johnny O'Connell's Corvette Camp
Corvette Camp Website
Old 10-27-2005, 05:05 PM
0corvette camp
Former Vendor

I drove a bunch of C5 Z06's at Corvette Camp in September... There are awesome cars and forgive me for trying sell too hard but YOU GUYS GOTTA DO THIS!!!

Be a DRIVER, not a POLISHER!
Wumbah!

Rick Swarts
Johnny O'Connell's Corvette Camp
http://www.corvettecamp.com
Old 10-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Where does this event take place??????

I lokked at the site but did not see the location for the event
Old 10-27-2005, 08:06 PM
Red ZEE06
Instructor

Are helmets required? Two people in a car is OK? Where is the track located?
Old 10-28-2005, 07:46 AM
KBlanke
Drifting

Here are some pictures from the First Corvette Camp, it was a blast!
http://photobucket.com/albums/v128/K...rvette%20Camp/
Old 10-28-2005, 12:06 PM
DA KAR
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its in North Carolina.

Get notified of new replies

To Johnny O's Speedy Christmas at Moroso... December 9th!

Quick Reply: [Z06] Johnny O's Speedy Christmas at Moroso... December 9th!