Sponsored by:

Sad Day In Chicago

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:31 AM
BiggieBoy
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Friday was a beautiful day. Took the C5 out for a nice long ride, filled her up gas, then drove home and put her away until April. Man, the Corvette driving season sure goes by in a flash.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:51 AM
chocoholic
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by diyguy
I really don't mean sarcasm, rather curiosity.

Why do these cars up north get 'pickled' for winter? Do they not have heaters or won't start or something? It doesn't snow every day, right?

Home grown in the south, but a 15 year stint in St. Louis made me realize there ARE 4 distinct seasons. Short Period of nice - followed by the Ice Age - to sort of nice - to this HAS to be Hell. * Repeat process annually*

Aside from seats feeling like a block of ice, oil that felt like the consistency of tar until warm, my cars handled a little tighter, but I still drove them....and drove the fun cars on nice dry days, even it is was 20 below outside.

It just seems like a self-imposed prison sentence, or self induced torture to look at it every day for 4 or 5 months and NOT drive it.
Not everyone is this so-called "snow belt" stores their car. There are plenty of us that slap on snow-tyres and carry on like normal. After all, the car was designed to be driven in snow.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:12 AM
BlueL36
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Hope Tommyn has a carwash gathering in late winter so we can view the mods before Cruise-In time.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:18 AM
corvettejaune
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a glaze this morning and a wax she is sleeping for the winter
now in MONREAL
Old 11-13-2005, 12:05 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm putting mine away today too! I've got quite a few little things planned for her over the winter, so winter hibernation isn't such a bad thing. If you can't drive her, you might as well work on her.

Before I got my Vette, I use to wonder why peeps with Vettes didn't drive them in the winter, because they're fiberglass and can't rust. Now that I've got one, I get it now. Heck, mine hasn't even seen rain! That's just me, if you want to drive it, then drive it! Just not my cup of tea (it takes too long to clean it up, and I'm pretty ****............. according to my wife!).

Have a Nice Day!

Quick Reply: Sad Day In Chicago