Sponsored by:

Removing interior molding

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 02:54 PM
g2103320
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing interior molding

I plan on painting some of my interior to match the torch red exterior. But I ran into a problem removing the molding to the left of the wheel where the fog light and hatch buttons are. I poped out the buttons and removed the torx but it is still firmly attached. Let me know so I don't break anything.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:13 PM
joeflyer
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Panel removal

Not my instructions, but they work.

1. From the left side of the steering column, pull/pry the Fog Lamp/Trunk Release switch plate out of the dashboard. Unplug the harness connected to this switch plate. Remove the Torx screw behind this location.

>>>No problem, just use a flat blade screw driver, but be carefull not to slip.

2.. From the underside of the dashboard knee pad, remove the two (2) Torx screws.

3. From the right side of the steering column, pull/pry the vented cover plate off the Interior Air Temperature Sensor located next to the ignition switch. Remove the Torx screw behind this location.

4. Gently work the dashboard knee pad away from the steering column being careful not to damage adjoining panels. The left side of this panel may need to be pulled slightly harder to unfasten a retaining clip next to the switch plate opening.

5. Unplug the harness connected to the Interior Air Temperature Sensor.

>>>All of this is very straightforward. One challenge though is removing the harness from the Air Tempature Sensor. There really isn't much room there, and the harness twists off, similar to the light bulbs on brake lights. This took me a while to figure out.

6.. Continue gently working the dashboard knee pad away from the steering column until it is completely removed.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,527 Likes on 14,091 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Check the instructions on the Vette Essentials web site. Very good guidance to go by.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing interior molding

Quick Reply: Removing interior molding