Sponsored by:

Jack stand meets jacking puck

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 12:36 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Jack stand meets jacking puck

How do you guys like my jack stand mod? I can also use the pucks without the stands as they just slip off by lifting up. But there is no way they can slide off on the stand with the car on top of it.

Last edited by RED99; 07-20-2006 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:45 PM
71'AirStrike
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like that.

If the price was cheep Id buy a set
Old 04-22-2006, 12:50 PM
MYRagtop
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-22-2006, 01:41 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Interesting idea but I thought that the C5 was not to be supported on jack stands by the jacking pucks
Old 04-22-2006, 01:45 PM
rgtkst
Melting Slicks

You have a SLO POKS sticker or plaque by those. i figured vancouver before i looked at your location. VERY COOL!!!!!! the jack puck/jack stand slick idea. i like it!!!!!!
are you one of the SLO POKS?
i just got the plastic bmw pucks for mine and had to do a header install last wednesday. they worked for the jacking but not for the jack stands. yours look like a nice fit!!!!

Last edited by rgtkst; 04-22-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:45 PM
JohnTheStigGalt
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think that's GREAT!! I wish I had a set!! The car up on jack stands is not the most stable... This looks like a terrific solution.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:54 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Interesting idea but I thought that the C5 was not to be supported on jack stands by the jacking pucks
Thats because the stand can, and probably would slide off the standard flat bottom jacking pucks. But mine are locked into place. Those are 6 ton jacks stands too. It's steady as a rock. The post is cast iron, and I just milled the top part off and used the web to make the boss the lock the puck onto it. I can turn the stand upside down, and the puck won't fall off, but I can pull it off with my hand. Perfect slip fit. Did it all on a little 2 axis CNC Knee Mill. Sawed the pucks out of 3 inch round 6061 aluminum.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:57 PM
RED99
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rgtkst
You have a SLO POKS sticker or plaque by those. i figured vancouver before i looked at your location. VERY COOL!!!!!! the jack puck/jack stand slick idea. i like it!!!!!!
are you one of the SLO POKS?
i just got the plastic bmw pucks for mine and had to do a header install last wednesday. they worked for the jacking but not for the jack stands. yours look like a nice fit!!!!
No I am not a Slo Pok member. But I have been to several of there big summer cruise ins. Have you been to it? The last time I went I think there was over 1000 very nice street machines there.
Old 04-22-2006, 02:04 PM
rgtkst
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RED99
No I am not a Slo Pok member. But I have been to several of there big summer cruise ins. Have you been to it? The last time I went I think there was over 1000 very nice street machines there.
yup been to many of their different things. my father and friends belong. lots of cool old cars. lots of fun at the drags also
love the old mopars. heck i like all the old muscle cars. i still have my 68 roadrunner i drove when i was 18yrs old. its been quite a while since i went to one of the events though. moved over here to the clackamas/ happy valley area and work alot to pay for this house and cars. i havent been to the woodburn drags in 2 years now either i work on the weekends now and thats when most the fun stuff hapens around here. does the steak burger in hazel del still do their cool cruise ins?? Lews does theirs over here in milwaukie by the bomber on mcloughlin once in a while.

Last edited by rgtkst; 04-22-2006 at 02:07 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Jack stand meets jacking puck

Quick Reply: Jack stand meets jacking puck