Sponsored by:

[Z06] Rotor ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 08:43 PM
MikeP
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Rotor ?

I have stock rotor's that I had drilled on my Z. But evertime I wash it the rotors put a nice rusty water coating on the inside of my chromies. Who makes a drilled/sloted rotor's for our Z's that don't look like cramp when they get splashed with water?

Thanks

Mike P.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:45 PM
MislMan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the aftermarket companies (Baer, Brembo, Stop Tech) rotors can help you here. Make sure you get them nickel coated. The nickel coating seals the holes after drilling as well as the inside surfaces of the rotors (tunnels for cooling air passage). I'm sure you can find a good deal on rotors from one of the site sponsers. For what its worth I use Baer Eradi-Speed drilled and slotted rotors on my '04 and my '95 coupe.

Later ... Larry S.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Evolution
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any rotor will get rusty after washing. No way to stop it, it's bare metal. You could go ceramic rotors, but you are talking a mint there. I run Bear, but they rust over after washing too. Usually to aviod this, after washing I run the car up the driveway and back up. Braking takes the rust off with no problems. It's not much help, but maybe a good hint that can help you out. I hate the problem to, just no way to end it in a cost effective way. Hope it helps.

Get notified of new replies

To Rotor ?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Rotor ?