[Z06] Roebling Road

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 07:09 AM
TopSpeedNeed
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 68 Likes on 61 Posts

Default Roebling Road

Hey everyone, I am heading to Roebling Road this weekend, about a year ago, I thought I saw a post with instructions on the best way to drive Roebling, it was a pretty intense post, it went through all the turns, I had printed it and now that I finally got my high speed license, I cant find the post, can someone send me a link, or tell me where to find it...... Thanks in advance
Old 11-21-2006, 11:36 AM
C4TOMCAT
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try here

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/sear...archid=3614500

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1077117154

Last edited by C4TOMCAT; 11-21-2006 at 11:46 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:30 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

try the Auto-x and Road Racing forums
Old 11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Twil1ght
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not much for handing out line advice without actually being engaged in teaching a subject at the track, but I wanted to offer a little information to you.

Beware of the run off area outside of 1 - should you need it, it's not smooth like it looks from the track, if you end up using it, go straight immediately as the bumps out there will surely send you spinning and hopping into disaster if you're turning when you head into the grass. Run off outside of 9 is worse and often has a small marsh/lake where rain has collected. As for staying on the track, double apex one for a late apex into two as it will seem to tighten on you (more than a 180 combining both turns). Stay inside three and the same through four where you'll want your exit to point you to a straight line across the left edge of the track and deep outside of five for another late apex. Going into six be aware that it's downhill and there is NO run off outside of it. Hold a tight line and allow that to drift out when you exit seven. Eight isn't really a turn, more like a bend, just drive down the outside of the track until you see the curb on the inside of nine just passed where pit road cuts off to the right. At that point turn in drive to the curb and expect some geforce as you accelerate flat out from the apex onto the front straight.

Until you decide how fast you want to go, you can drive the entire "infield" in 4th or if you don't mind getting run over a bit - when teaching people new tracks I run them through a "no brakes drill." If you just use 5th and do not use any brakes - just lift and allow distance for deceleration - this will let you learn how fast you can go through each corner without your survival reactions being triggered by the acceleration and braking g's.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

I was at roebling last weekend, I live about 35 minutes from there....there were 4 Z06's, a GS C4 and 1 cammed C6 there...pretty good showing.

My roomate was an instructer there for www.seat-time.com and we took his x-cop car down there and rasied hell...he's had 3 z's so don't let the crown vic fool ya! haha

here is a post from when we went, i took all the pics and videos!

The crown vic is a "P71" Police interceptor model, fresh off the Texas beat, with 83k miles on it. I did a basic service on the car, oils fluids filters, torqued the lug nuts and set the tire pressure. Loaded the toolbox and headed to the track.

A great time was had by all, that day. The car got a good many interested lookers, including two ferrari 575 owners!

The first two sessions I warmed myself up to driving the track, and the car. I built a little more confidence in the sled and on the last two run sessions i let it eat ...

I was told by Jon Krolewicz, the event organizer that the time to beat was a 1:36. A record set by a Georgia State Patrol driving instructor in a P71 crown vic.

Here are my lap times in the beast on the last two sessions .. timed by patrick b.

Session 3:
1:48
1:36
1:35
1:32

Session 4:
1:33

The car started running out of gas on the last 3 laps of that session.

I think with a decent set of stock tires, a front end alignment and a warmer sunnier day.. a 1:29 is possible in this old American Iron. The car ran flawlessly all day except for trans temp getting up to about 210 after 5-6 hot laps. Not bad for a car that has already been retired once because of wear and old age.
I was really impressed with the car overall after learning the limits and driving it pretty close to that limit. I can say that this car might not be "FAST" but if driven properly it would be tough to get away from.

Cant wait to do it again!

You guys should hit up one of these seat time events this spring, they really are excellent track days.

Videos:

(disclaimer: the in the vids it says itss a vid of a 1:32 LAP.. thats nto correct , i rean a couple of 1:32's but 1 of these vids was taken in the second session.. and is prolly a high 1;30)

forward dash cam

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...7d015aa933.htm

driver cam

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/e...7d011550d7.htm

passed by 2 z06's going into the last turn, 400 rwhp cars with race tires.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a...7d0135708e.htm

pics and vids by kevin pope

Last edited by TransAmGT; 11-21-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:06 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

SOME RANDOM PICS...

CAMMED UP C6

400 RWHP T1 SUSPENSION Z06

FERRRARRRIIIIII MORE THAN YOU CAN AFFORD!

Old 11-23-2006, 02:50 PM
TheDVS1
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Crown Vic at a track event? I luv it!!!
Old 11-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Vetteoholic
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
try the Auto-x and Road Racing forums
Old 11-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Sawbladz
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats awesome Did you have four people in the Crown Vic for the lapping as well? If so I wonder what you would run solo.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:57 PM
TransAmGT
Pro

nah they wouldn't let us run 4 people....there was a passenger in there all day though.

It's got a 29 in her with some better tires and driving solo

for referance 400 rwhp prepped T1 setup Z06's with tires were runnin 1:21-1:23 all day long.

Get notified of new replies

To Roebling Road

Quick Reply: [Z06] Roebling Road