C6 THEN C5, the results.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 PM
CleteZ16
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by alanhang
yes, I had a c6 vert with the magnetic ride, nav, loaded. It was an 05 auto. Beautiful riding car, and smooth. BUT!! and this is a big BUT. I like the c5 way way more. First of all I purchased the commemorative edition z06, which to my eyes has to be one of the prettiest vettes ever. I honestly dont know why some people like the interior of the c6 better. I think the c5 is great!. Still love the hidden headlights and the rear end better. For some reason, the c6 looks not right from certain angles. The c5 I think is still one of the nicest looking vettes that they have produced. Happier with this z than I was with the vert. More raw, and more vette like... Just my 2 cents worth.
I couldn't agree more. I think the C6 is, indeed, more refined .. it's just .. "nicer" .. but if I wanted nice, I'd have bought a BMW.

My Z16 rides.. well, it rides rough. Would I want to do a 12-hour road trip in it? Heck no. But it handles like it's on rails. In the hands of a pro driver, it pulls G's like a freakin rollercoaster. Nuremburg-tuned suspension, baby .. and as such I will never lower it..

And the lines on the C5 fixed-roof .. modern perfection. The only body style I like better is 1967.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Bracketman
I've said that 20 times about the interior. After the first hour of being in the C6, it gets extremely boring - but the C5, I never dislike it.
C6 interior SUCKSssss... ! There, I said it today. The damn streering wheel reminds me of the Pilsberry guy, everytime I see it. The interior is Nothing like sporty or luxury like... its just THERE. Look at Infinitys, or other newer cars, they have awesome looking, feeling interiors, with better materials, and yes, Better Wheels.

I think the C6Z06 looks aggresive and nice, on the outside, but I hate their interiors.... Now, C5............an all time classic. I find Nothing wrong with it. I think when they made the C5, they "Intended" to re-discover Corvette. The C6 seems like a engineering mistake, as if someone was just "trying" to come up with the new body style - for no reason... JMHO...
Old 10-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Mudvayne387
Im sorry, but the c5 interior is GOD AWFUL, in fact all american interiors are way behind thier competition, with that being said the C5 body style is absolutly classic!!!
Not. The C5 interior is just about perfect, and much better than the C6 interior.

I look at modern cars that are supposed to have nice interiors, like for instance the new MB, and I can't stand them. Yuck.

The only thing I would change on the C5 is the engine. They should all come with LS7s.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:00 PM
UKXPAT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my CE too!

Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I's never trade up on my baby! But I might buy her a sister :-)
Old 10-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Mudvayne387
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not saying the C6 interior is great eaither, but the C5's is just way to CHEVY ! Its not very classy for a car that costs as much as it does.

Last edited by Mudvayne387; 10-03-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan
C6 interior SUCKSssss... ! There, I said it today. The damn streering wheel reminds me of the Pilsberry guy, everytime I see it. The interior is Nothing like sporty or luxury like... its just THERE.
You obviously don't pay much attention... the '05 had the ugly wheel, the '06 and up has a sleek, smaller, 3-spoke wheel with foe brush aluminum inserts.

My roomate just bought an '08... you all are crazy if you think the C5 interior is anywhere near as nice. I have seat time in both.

Also, the '08 has a fully revised steering rack w/ machined components and a re-tuned power-steering system... it's the first on the car rags don't bitch about... the car handles awesome for a base suspension car. It's tight and crisp w/ no nunb spot in the middle. My Z06 is track alligned and has poly bushings and HD tie-rod ends yet it still has that dead spot in the center.... they all do.

My father has an '04 Z16 and my mother a '99 C5 vert... I've driven many different C5s on and off track.

I love my car... the FRC Z06 is a classic shape, but the New C6 makes the C5 look dated w/ the longer overhangs and what not. The C6 is crip and chissled.

It's main fault is that it comes too high and w/ poor wheel fittament... w/ proper stance and wheels they look amazing.

Mine

Roomates

To the OP... I fully understand about the z06 being special... esp the z16. They do fit taller guys better... I'm 6'4".

The leg room stats are the same, but the c6 seat has more padding and the console is higher... so you sit up higher and can't spread your legs as much... so it feels smaller.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM
lt1george
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 2000_Convertible
I wouldn't turn one down either. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the C6... I drove my buddy's and it handled real well. Loved the acceleration! BUT I wouldn't trade my 7 year-old C5 straight across for any year of C6. Now maybe if the C6 owner sweetened the pot a little, I might consider it.

I agree with Junkman who said, "The C6 looks like a modified Mustang with it's slotted door opening." I part company with him though when he says he doesn't like it at all. I like it... I just don't like it much.
Well said.>George
Old 10-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Whoever says a Corvette looks anything like a Mustang is a fool.... seriously. The styling cues share nothing in common. So the side vent is a straight line.... the ****ing mustang's is in the rear on the 1/4 panel... how is that anything like the fender of a Corvette.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:26 PM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
You obviously don't pay much attention... the '05 had the ugly wheel, the '06 and up has a sleek, smaller, 3-spoke wheel with foe brush aluminum inserts.

My roomate just bought an '08... you all are crazy if you think the C5 interior is anywhere near as nice. I have seat time in both.

Also, the '08 has a fully revised steering rack w/ machined components and a re-tuned power-steering system... it's the first on the car rags don't bitch about... the car handles awesome for a base suspension car. It's tight and crisp w/ no nunb spot in the middle. My Z06 is track alligned and has poly bushings and HD tie-rod ends yet it still has that dead spot in the center.... they all do.

My father has an '04 Z16 and my mother a '99 C5 vert... I've driven many different C5s on and off track.

I love my car... the FRC Z06 is a classic shape, but the New C6 makes the C5 look dated w/ the longer overhangs and what not. The C6 is crip and chissled.

It's main fault is that it comes too high and w/ poor wheel fittament... w/ proper stance and wheels they look amazing.

Mine

Roomates

To the OP... I fully understand about the z06 being special... esp the z16. They do fit taller guys better... I'm 6'4".

The leg room stats are the same, but the c6 seat has more padding and the console is higher... so you sit up higher and can't spread your legs as much... so it feels smaller.
good point on the leg room,, makes sense,, however dont agree on the steering wheel... the later ones are taken right out of the pontiac g6 car... take and look and see,,,
Old 10-03-2007, 06:07 PM
yellow01
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Comparing a C5 Z06 to a C6 with a slushbox with mag-ride isn't really an apples to apples comparison technically.

Looks are subjective, as are evaluations of the interior.

I love my C5 but do feel the interior on my Dad's C6 is an improvement.

JMHO
Old 10-03-2007, 11:57 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Originally Posted by alanhang
good point on the leg room,, makes sense,, however dont agree on the steering wheel... the later ones are taken right out of the pontiac g6 car... take and look and see,,,
No.... other way around. Wheen was designed for the vette but was used accross multiple lines to spread the cost.

It's smaller, 3-spoke, and more stylish... all things you want in a sports car wheel. It's a definate step up over the c5.

You notice it when on track...
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 AM
97vetteman
Pro

Not only is the C5's interior poor quality plastics the fit and finish is aweful!

If I had the money I would change to a C6 in a New York minute as you guys say!

I would sacrifice some good looks for a better handling car with more power. Pop up headlights are novel but it just something else that will go wrong because of the poor quality of the materials used on the Corvette.

The leather on the seats is rubbish a ten year old car seats look like something from a vintage car! Wear the heck is GM getting that second rate leather from!

European car interiors and Japanese one's are far more durable than Corvettes and the 99 and 95 Z28's I had before this!

Anyone who thinks the C5 interior is good quality has never had a car with a descent interior!

Last edited by 97vetteman; 10-04-2007 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 AM
steve1ph2
Burning Brakes

im not against new or corvette, sure i would have bragging rights " yea i got a new corvette " ( c6 ) but the c5 is a work of art. i dont think there is a bad profile from any angle inside or out. of course thats my opinion. i had the chance to trade my `04 in for an `06 for about a hundred more dollars per month in payment i didnt do it. i like all corvettes.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 AM
alanhang
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
No.... other way around. Wheen was designed for the vette but was used accross multiple lines to spread the cost.

It's smaller, 3-spoke, and more stylish... all things you want in a sports car wheel. It's a definate step up over the c5.

You notice it when on track...
sorry, you arent right.. in 05 the wheel was different on the vette than the later models. IN 05 the pontiac g6 had the wheel that they started using on the corvette for 06 and beyond.

Quick Reply: C6 THEN C5, the results.