Sponsored by:

BMWs

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 01:06 PM
WWK888
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by z06Bigbird
I would not go with a 7 series unless I was extremely rich.

BMWs do have regular headaches (need for repairs).

Personally, I feel it is hard to beat a Vette, esp with price and reliability.

You can always locate a garage queen that is still under warranty.

Excellent way to have a fantastic car and not spend a couple million.
Personally I would not put the Corvette into the category of "reliable" just yet. I love the car for what it is and the bang for the buck but I would like to see improvement in build quality and paint.

My neighbor has a 7 series BMW that has had numerous problems and he is currently trying to get it lemon lawed.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:00 PM
TJ VETT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only speak from personal experience, the 04 vette has not had any problems in over 3 years since I drove it off the dealers lot. My wifes 335 is 10 months old and has been to the dealers service dept 4x for various problems, the hesitation from the twin tubos makes bringing a drink along real fun, you cant get a smooth start!! Yes the maint is no cost for 4 years but I paid for it !! Yes it is a nice car but not worth the 50K price. Oh yea, my wife still curses the complicated audio system and the Nav is another story, just ask consumer reports. Mamas next car will be MADE IN THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tom
Old 12-28-2007, 07:32 PM
dagon138
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My parents have a 740il, which has been a nice car.

But I'd hate for them not to have an extended warranty. A large time of it's life have been spent at the dealer getting one thing or another fixed. The service bill's have been a nightmare, luckily they're not paying.

Too bad though, as I'd love to pick up a older M3 as a daily driver(4-seater), but I can't afford a money pit, so it's back to Japanese.

On the other hand, my sisters old 91 300E has been rock solid. I hear Mercedes isn't what it used to be though.

Meanwhile, surprisingly my 02 Z06 has been flawless.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:53 PM
CJR2
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Bought a certified '98 CIC 323 a few years ago from the BMW store in Cincy and nothing but problems. Dealer was terrible....sold it and got a year old '01 330 CIC with sport and premium package from a private party and had absolutely no problems. Kept until the bumper to bumper warranty ran out. Didn't want to push my luck!!

Definitely prefer the Vette all the way around. We dominated the M3's at our Mid Ohio SCCA driving day last summer.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:08 PM
CJR2
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by muccels
People: Lots of cool BMW enthusiasts. BUT TONS MORE DICKS. NOONE EATS THERE OWN LIKE BMW OWNERS.

Wow its funny here is a link talking about M3 and Vette and performance in the M3 forum. Alot of good compliments and no personal attacks and then you come to Vette forums and get comments like the one above. Sound like your the DICK!

Read the forums below and view for yourself..
Every car owner in every make and model has dicks the idiots as I see it everyday on the road. Don't slam the car and sterotype the people that own them.
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=189465

I read the M3 forum thread and it gets a little nasty as well. People are passionate about their cars and can loose objectivity.

OscarWilde

I agree. .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevodevo
Have you ever seen or been inside a vette? It has a lot of plastic and not very luxurious, imo.

Vettes are garbage IMO. I got the same feeling driving a friends 350Z. Just crap for for attention to detail, and materials. The vette is a huge engine and nothing else. I'm not sure why all these dopey threads pop up. . "M3 versus some POS with a big engine. ."
Old 12-29-2007, 04:34 AM
muccels
Intermediate

Yeah I never said cars were or weren't talked about. The consensus is that the Vettes interior could be better as it was even said here but I still like the interior myself. With that said do you see attacks on owners of Vettes in the threads and statements like this??
BUT TONS MORE DICKS. NOONE EATS THERE OWN LIKE BMW OWNERS.
Again what said was said. Its like a first impressions whats done is done..
Old 12-29-2007, 09:47 AM
ASIANJEDI
Advanced

Originally Posted by muccels
Yeah I never said cars were or weren't talked about. The consensus is that the Vettes interior could be better as it was even said here but I still like the interior myself. With that said do you see attacks on owners of Vettes in the threads and statements like this??
BUT TONS MORE DICKS. NOONE EATS THERE OWN LIKE BMW OWNERS.
Again what said was said. Its like a first impressions whats done is done..
Jeez, let it go already.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:47 AM
muccels
Intermediate

Yeah I think I said that some post ago..!!off to better topics
Old 01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
GetReal
Instructor

Originally Posted by CJR2
I read the M3 forum thread and it gets a little nasty as well. People are passionate about their cars and can loose objectivity.
On an emotional level, It's like seeing an ugly baby (car)... IYO the baby(car) is ugly but the parents (owners) thinks their baby (car) is the best thing since sliced bread. You can point out all the discrepancies you want about the baby(car) but in the end, the parents(owners) will always think their baby (car) is soo much better than any other babies (cars) out there. For some, the whole "ownership" experience is enough to make them voice unreasoned judgement.

If we all could just say, "awww, that's a cute baby!" (like we do in real life) regardless if it is or not, we would all get along much better IMO, if you own a powerfull vette there's no need to defend it... same goes for anyother powerful car.

In another sense.. nothings 100% perfect when it comes to cars... right? I'm guessing it'll never be 100% as long as people have opinions.

Just Having Some Fun With It!

bottomline, if you make fun of someones baby, expect them to make fun of yours too... if you have one.

Last edited by GetReal; 01-11-2008 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply: BMWs