Sponsored by:

BMWs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:36 AM
photoguy
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
According to JD Power, the two brands that give more problems than any other are BMW and Mercedes.
Also true with consumer reports.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
vincentjames501
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this topic. Can't wait to show this to my buddy who thinks his 96 328is is better than a c5 in almost all categories. Even handling. LOL!
Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Ralphyboy
Safety Car

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by C5naples
I never liked BMW's. A friend of mine has a 2007 M6, I really, really like this car, V10 over 500 hp. Very fast, sounds good and the interior quality is just perfect.

They are sweet. I had two 325s, an 88, and an 89, and they were pretty much bullet proof, really fun cars to drive.I suppose the newer ones with all the electronics can be problematic, but hey, don't our Vettes have alot of electrical issues too? My son has an 03 Audi Quatro A4 3.0 with a 6spd, and that car is fast, quiet, and handles unbelievably. However, everyone, including the people at Audi tell you about the electrical issues. I think it's just something that goes with the systems all these cars have now.A new BMW M6, or a new ZO6. Two different animals completely, but definitely ANIMALS.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Mr. Couture
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UAE-Vette
The corvette cant compete with the M3 on any level.

The New M3 - Looks fantastic
Build Quality - Brilliant with great dealership service
Interior - Perfect in very way, no cheap crap here
Performance - As fast as stock C5 vette but with better handling.

Anyone who dosnt want one cant afford one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8maP4CB1Nk
Umm, I took an 04 M3 at the track with ease

But I wouldn't mind having a 6 series or M6 BMW =D
Old 12-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Junkman2008
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

And they say the C5 has a big butt. Damn, this thing should be in a Sir Mix-A-Lot video (that's the Baby Got Back artist for you country music lovers).
Old 12-16-2007, 11:24 PM
vincentjames501
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr. Couture
Umm, I took an 04 M3 at the track with ease

But I wouldn't mind having a 6 series or M6 BMW =D

Love to hear it!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:28 AM
UAE-Vette
Racer

We could build better but look at cost first!
You confirm your cars arent the best Good Start
In USA almost anybody can afford a Vette
Everyone can afford a car that, isnt the best but its cheap. Great!
in Europe they can`t affort jack sh-t.
This is so random BMW is probally one of the most common cars now and unlike your "could do better" BMW comes out on top of consumer reports for build quality and service.
In US even cheap homes have a pool...good luck finding one in Germany!
Germany aside as no one likes the Germans

Your "cheap" homes highlight the quality issue prefab / timber kit, with staple gun on tiles and cladding.... and you wonder why they fall down when the wind comes...

I might not have a pool but my "cheap" Victorian Sandstone house was built a 100 years ago and seen off the germans

All back to the cost / quality link. You get what you pay and that couldnt be more true with the interior of a vette. I wish I had spent that little bit more and had the lux. and peace of mind.

Big Kiss.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:31 PM
muccels
Intermediate

Default Greeting...

Greeting fellow vette owners. Well I just have picked up a convertible 2001 Vette. I got a great price on it(below blue book) and very happy with the car. Wow a lot of torque and the mpg looks pretty good. Believe it or not this will be my daily driver to replace my 91 300zx with 223,xxx miles.( Car is stilll running and good just want to sell it and move to a newer commuter). Well my weekend car is a 2005 M3 SMG competition package model. I have put 4.10 gears an intake, exhaust,suspension, other cosmetic parts and some carbon fiber parts. I love my M3 and headers and cats would be next but thats a grip of money right now. I've always liked vette's but not really an american car person. Even though I do also have a Chevy Tahoe, but for trucks and SUV's I wouldn't mind amercian. I went to an M3 first of all for the ability to handle more then 2 people. I do like german cars and BMW is my first. The handling is great on the car. The interior is great and well put together. I haven't had any problems with my car and have an extended warranty covers much of everything. I think overall the Vette is a true sports car as the BMW is a GTR. If I had the money and choice I would go with a 911 turbo but thats a whole different level. I'm on the M3 forums quite a bit and I do think everyone shares there problems but I don't think the M3 has that many problems compared to any other car. Anytime I have work done on my car and scheduled in advance they have a free rental BMW car for me to use while my car is being worked on. Well I think both are nice cars and hopefully I have my Vette for a good amount of time. So maybe you guys can help me out with a few items with mods for the Vette. I have did some searching but some quick answers by fellow owners will cut down on reading and research time.
Looking for exhaust possibly Corsa pace car? Sounded pretty good not too loud especially since I have a convertible. Best price out there??
Any other exhaust one would recommend? Would like to pay around $800.

Ok I bought a Vette net since I probably will ride with the top down as long as its not raining. Any comments on item??

Short shifter? Who to go with and a good price??

Heating elements adding to the seats. Read a quick easy way to put in. Any other suggestions or makers or prices??ZIP PRODUCTS, PFYC or MID AMERICA... Best one of the group?

Looking for HID's also DJmotorsports has them for about $259, but saw another group buy for like $800. Both said plug and play and were HID anyone know the differences?? Why pay 8 if I can pay 3??

Last I live in the upper eastbay or northbay in California. By Vallejo and Fairfield. Good recommended shops for good service and price would be helpful.. Thanks again oh Links to vendors or manufactors would very helpful as there is a ton on the side of the page! thanks again
Old 12-17-2007, 07:48 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

I'll have to agree with those that have mentioned the new Caddys. I just picked up a used '07 CTS and it is really nice. About 5 years ago I looked at every car in that segment: the 3 -series, A4, 9.3, etc. The Caddy doesn't quite handle as well as the Bimmer but damn close and it will easily out accelerate it (dollar to dollar). Quality is nice nad anyone who goes for a ride is completely impressed - the car really does shed that old image of Caddys as the retired-person's car (no ofense to those of you retired ). Before buying the '07, I drove the all new redesigned CTS and it is unbelievably nice.

Can't wait to see the new CTS-V!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:21 PM
cjlaw73
Race Director

[QUOTE=UAE-Vette;1563190279]The corvette cant compete with the M3 on any level.

The New M3 - Looks fantastic Subjective.
Build Quality - Brilliant with great dealership service Until you are out of warranty and then the BMW hurts more.
Interior - Perfect in very way, no cheap crap here As with the Porsche thats reflective in the $8 to 10k price difference,
Performance - As fast as stock C5 vette but with better handling.Please show me these figures - find this hard to believe, given the difference in weight, and hsp.

Anyone who dosnt want one cant afford one. [/COLOR] [QUOTE]

huh?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:04 PM
Navyvette04
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 45 Posts

I had a '98 BMW 530 sport. I really liked the looks and the ride. Most of all it was a very safe car. I was involved in a 5 car accident on the highway last summer. As the traffic was stopped, a guy driving a '97 Dodge Stratus slammed me from behind at 50 MPH. The Stratus folded up like an empty beer can. Although receiving extensive front & rear damage, the car was still intact and I was able to drive the Beemer home. Unfortunately, the damage exceeded the value of the car. I hated to see the car go as this was my DD.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Mr. Azrael
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by UAE-Vette
The corvette cant compete with the M3 on any level.

The New M3 - Looks fantastic Subjective, maybe to you, not to me.
Build Quality - Brilliant with great dealership service Flat BS, 2 of the 3 E46 M3's that my family have owned (close family) have left them stranded on the side of the road with electrical issues. All 3 were traded before the warranty expired.
Interior - Perfect in very way, no cheap crap here I may grant you this one, but I have no complaints with my Z06
Performance - As fast as stock C5 vette but with better handling. Now this is the most rediculous of your claims. A C5 is tied or better in every category that I know. With the C5 Z06 taking a clear walk away from any E46 M3 in any category, except back seat and maintenance cost.

Anyone who dosnt want one cant afford one. Now that is coming out the south end of a northbound bull! I could have afforded two, but we wanted good ole reliable American Iron. Hell the European cars BMW and Mercedes are rated below the Americans in intial quality. May want to read around before you have to eat too much crow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8maP4CB1Nk
Maybe it is time to trade your C5 for a Bimmer? God knows you seem to bash anything from America lately... Oh well, whatever floats your boat.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:58 AM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bmacZO6
You will find plenty of folks on both forums that say you need a warranty if you are going to buy a used car. The perception may have been that the Germans have high build quality but the latest surveys show a different story. The American manufacturers have made significant improvements in quality while many European makes have actually gotten worse.
it is sad that we now make really good cars but everyone remembers the junk for the 1980's and 90's
Old 12-18-2007, 05:09 PM
muccels
Intermediate

Default wow

Wow no love on the vette forums??
Old 12-22-2007, 02:23 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default mercedes

Originally Posted by photoguy
Also true with consumer reports.
simply increases prices even more...they know that people don't really buy them because they are the best...they just cost a lot more so buyers can impress some people
Old 12-22-2007, 04:11 AM
10U 99
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

uh......... Ich werde das Auto behalten, das ich besitze
Old 12-22-2007, 04:39 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

I never liked BMW's. A friend of mine has a 2007 M6, I really, really like this car, V10 over 500 hp. Very fast, sounds good and the interior quality is just perfect.

Yeah, still a family car with a big a$$... and nothing special about it. In traffice, it'll easily blend IN with the Acuras, Nissans, Lexus, and... shall I go on and on... "Just another CAR". Now tell me one car that looks like a Vette? Let me name some, Ferraris (from some angles), NSX, .. well the COOL automobiles... Not Average cars... Is there a point to this? I just made it !!!!

Get notified of new replies

To BMWs

Old 12-22-2007, 04:42 AM
Vette_Fan
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by 10U 99

uh......... Ich werde das Auto behalten, das ich besitze
whatever man... We get it. Bottome line: It AIN'T cool in U.S...
Old 12-22-2007, 11:31 AM
vincentjames501
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vette_Fan
whatever man... We get it. Bottome line: It AIN'T cool in U.S...
Old 12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
KARLDDS82
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

The good thing about BMW is the 4 year 50k warranty. It covers everything even wiper blades. My wife and I both have '06's my DD is a 325 and her is a 530. We have never paid for anything. . As long as BMW keeps this kind of warranty We will continue driving them for our DD's. We had mercedes for 20 years. The quality sure decreased in them, the last one was junk(1998 S500)

Quick Reply: BMWs