Sponsored by:

Kid slashed my tires again last night!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 06:43 PM
EDenney
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WKMCD
I agree, what color is the sky in the land where people who behave like this drive Corvettes and Vipers.
Sadly, it's blue like it is for everyone else that isn't colorblind. Nowadays it isn't that uncommon for kids in their late teens to early 20's (who are more likely to behave like this) to have cars like this, they just owe far more than they could ever hope to pay off, and 9 times out of 10 the car either gets wrecked or Repo'd, or sold/trade in for less than they owe. This isn't true for everyone of course, there are exceptions to the rule.

Banks, dealerships, and credit card companies have no problem at all with giving teenagers lots of credit, especially if they can get their parents to co-sign. Been on a campus recently or have a teenage son or daughter? They're practically shoving credit cards down their throat. Get em while they're young and most of the time their parents will bail them out. If they don't and they file bankruptcy, so much the better since they can't file it again for a very long time. Then they've really got you by the ***** if you get overextended again.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Max01GreenMachine
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 C6 of the Year Finalist
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Originally Posted by 1sickz51vette
I'm afraid to make another claim on my insurance as either the premium will go way up, or they could even possibly drop me. It's hard for me to afford a new 19" tire for my car because I'm only 22 years old trying to make it through school and get started in life. The only thing this kid is pissed about is the fact that we got into a huge arguement over how he drove my car and now it grinds fourth gear... There wasn't underage drinking at the party, just the fact that I did not want to make a huge scene when everyone was having a good time (besides me).
Well everyone had a 'good time' at your expense...not to mention the expense of the repairs. Are you kidding me...... come on man. I would have had the FORCE down there so fast is someone messed with my vette. I got my vette when I was 23 and it was my prized possesion, its still pretty high up there...I'm 27 now.

I grew up in Venice, I went to Venice High and I still visit friends and family there every now and then. I was actually cruising down I-75 through Port Charlotte this weekend. I wouldn't think of bringing my vette to a party in Port Charlotte, North Port, Venice, Englewood, where ever you were when this happened. You and I both know the groups of people that don't give a #@$% about anyone or anything. Anyway....I'm not going to get going on that.

I've seen you around the forum for quite some time and you seem like a good person. So now that you have the vette its time to start acting like an adult. I know that its going to be rough down there. But it sounds like you need to make some serious choices very soon. Please do not get 'stuck' there. And I don't mean geographically.

Graduate from school, get a good job, and associate with people you strive to be like. I wish you the best of luck with the repairs. Let us know how the police react when you pull up tomorrow.

Later,
Max
Old 05-27-2008, 12:45 AM
Nyt_Muves
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sickz51vette
There is no better car that fits my personality or budget at this time, and there isn't more to the story. The kid is a straight up dick, he lost his license for a year for driving like an a$$ so he doesn't care what happens to himself. He also owes $40,000 on a viper thats only worth 25k at most, and hes just a shady person...
If you can't afford to replace a tire, I can assure you that there are PLENTY of cars that fit your budget better... At your age I bet you spend enough for a month worth of insurance to buy a tire. You have your entire life to get a car that fits your "personality". Right now, concentrate on getting through school, and keeping a little green in your pockets. Priorities my friend. Drive a vette now, and struggle, or drive something else for just a few years, get an education, and drive whatever you want to for the rest of your life.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:51 AM
charlene
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

I would tell this stupid kid that you have film of the tires being slashed and he better pay up for some new tires or you are going to hand the flim over to the police and he will be arrested and sent to jail maybe you can scare him with that.Good luck personally myself i would beat the crap out of him if he did that to my car
Old 05-27-2008, 01:17 AM
98am
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry this happened but it sounds like you are hanging out in the wrong places. Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me.

Last edited by 98am; 05-27-2008 at 01:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Kid slashed my tires again last night!