Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Please mark ALL options that apply to you!
I bought a head unit from C5 KIDD and got my refund.
0%
I bought a head unit from C5 KIDD and haven't gotten a refund.
100.00%
I bought something else from C5 KIDD and haven't received it, either.
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Waiting for a refund from C5 KIDD / Pioneer?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 07:39 PM
kerryt1
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Waiting for a refund from C5 KIDD / Pioneer?

Well, you'll be waiting a long time. I just heard from a good source, who will remain nameless, that the was an issue with his Pioneer rep. I am unsure of the issue, but the bottom line is this:

WE ARE ALL OUT $200.

To add insult to injury, C5 KIDD has gone AWOL. I understand that there is a certain amount of risk in transactions like this, but I didn't expect to be screwed by a CF sponsor / vendor. He has obviously known this for some time, but has not manned up to tell anyone.

As far as I'm concerned, Brian has lost 100% of my respect and I will continue to spread the word that his business acumen is lacking and he is of questionable character.

I don't know how many people he hosed this way, but I'm sure there are more than a few suckers who bought on this closeout deal. Just to get a count, please vote and let everyone know your situation.

Bad news travels faster than good news, and it never pays to shortchange your customers. Everything comes back around Brian.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:48 PM
hotwheels57
Race Director

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Maybe you should pass this information on to the admin/moderators?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,115 Likes on 988 Posts

Ib4tl
Old 05-30-2008, 08:00 PM
kerryt1
Drifting

Originally Posted by hotwheels57
Maybe you should pass this information on to the admin/moderators?
If they were going to handle the situation, they would have already.

In my case, he didn't scam me out of the head unit or a bezel, he just screwed up the paperwork submittal in order for me to get the Pioneer refund. I know I'm not the only one.

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
Ib4tl
Why would they lock this thread and not any of the other 10?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
Ib4tl
I'm sure it will happen but why are we so easily able to put in a for a vendor/individual but the second somebody puts out something negative it gets slapped shut right away. I know what the rules are, but there's a point where it is just hiding information on potential rip-offs from people. The bad information is every bit as important as the good to be posted where all can see.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Daytona Bob
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '09 & '12, '14

If you review his previous posts he tends to show up, ship out 100 orders, then disappear to "be with family"

Albeit recently it seems the complaints are way higher then normal.

I will be his customer service rep if he wants.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:09 PM
EDJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was wondering why he would have anything to do with the rebate? I bought an Avic D3, downloaded the rebate form from Pioneer sent in the required documents and got my check today.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:24 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Kerryt1 has every right to explain his unresolved dispute in an open thread assuming that all other efforts have been exhausted!

I dont think bashing the vendor without him giving his side of the story falls within forum guidlines though.

I would think a PM to a Mod or Admin would be more likely to get a response from C5Kid and to resolve this dispute.

Good luck with your issue

Best Regards
John
Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Gray Fox
Team Owner

CI 5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Have you attempted to contact C5 Kidd? Your comments say you "heard" from a good source. But did you make any attempts to reach him?
When did you make this purchase?
When was the sale? Do you have link to the thread?

Please PM me the details, once I recv I will review for reopening of the thread.

In the future please check this out:
The Forum allows a factual post on an unresolved dispute with a vendor or another member once all efforts to resolve the issue offline have been exhausted. Then, the post must be factual and cannot be used to bash the vendor or the member. Once the post has been made, it cannot be repeated in other sections or on other days.

Moderators will try to leave such threads open until everybody with direct knowledge of the issue being addressed has had a chance to provide their version of the facts. The thread must not become a running debate on the accuracy of the “facts” and may not deteriorate into an exchange of personal attacks. Neither should be used as an opportunity for speculation by those who do not have direct knowledge of the issue.

Once there has been the opportunity for the facts on all sides to be posted, the thread will be locked. It will remain in the database and will be available for review by those who are researching the topic, vendor or member.

The Forum is not in a position to monitor transactions or to determine the “true facts” in most disputes. Upon request, however, the Forum will try to intervene and mediate a settlement suitable to all parties in a dispute. When issues are resolved in the matter, it will be posted to the original dispute thread so it becomes part of the searchable record. We believe that is a more useful record of performance for potential customers than would be an eBay-style rating system.

As has been our past practice, members or vendors who show a pattern of unresolved issues will be removed from Corvetteforum.com.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:17 AM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Exactly

Get notified of new replies

To Waiting for a refund from C5 KIDD / Pioneer?

Quick Reply: Waiting for a refund from C5 KIDD / Pioneer?