Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do police follow you late night in your vette?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:48 AM
1sickz51vette
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To all of you saying im paranoid, you just dont understand. I just ran around the corner to get some food, and personally dont like being followed. Last time i got pulled over for my tint they searched my car for an hour straight with no results obviously, and i wasn't about to sit around that long at 1am!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:00 PM
CanyonRunninZ06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Isn't your tint legal in FL?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
DaBoz
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sickz51vette
To all of you saying im paranoid, you just dont understand.

Get over it already! Act like a Big Boy!

Last edited by DaBoz; 07-18-2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:51 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'06-'07

To all of you saying im paranoid, you just dont understand. I just ran around the corner to get some food, and personally dont like being followed. Last time i got pulled over for my tint they searched my car for an hour straight with no results obviously, and i wasn't about to sit around that long at 1am!
Dude -- -if you're car's getting searched for an hour, there is something you're leaving out.

What'd you get stopped for?

What's your attitude like? (And yes it matters - an argumentative person vs. cooperative)

What there a reason the officers asked to search your car?

Are you on parole or probation?

You said the cops "know you" --- know you how?

This is what I'm talking about --- you are coming here and saying you're getting stopped for no reason -- I call

One last thing --- You said you weren't "gonna sit around" --- believe me, you don't decide how long you sit.
Old 07-18-2008, 02:14 PM
crtaylor1
Advanced

Location: "Officer, are you sure I was going that fast?" Texas

Dude -- -if you're car's getting searched for an hour, there is something you're leaving out.

What'd you get stopped for?

What's your attitude like? (And yes it matters - an argumentative person vs. cooperative)

What there a reason the officers asked to search your car?

Are you on parole or probation?

You said the cops "know you" --- know you how?

This is what I'm talking about --- you are coming here and saying you're getting stopped for no reason -- I call

One last thing --- You said you weren't "gonna sit around" --- believe me, you don't decide how long you sit

Here Here....I agree. Also, when it is against the law for the LEO to follow you? Man you must have some bad times with your local LEO....He was doing his job, you didnt get pulled over, so what is your beef? If you dont like people following you, quit driving.....
Old 07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,547 Likes on 14,107 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Never had it happen to me, but then again, I'm much older.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
road dog
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the time
Old 07-18-2008, 03:26 PM
dmoore
Le Mans Master

No way it took an hour to search a Vette! I do drug interdiction with my K-9 all the time and from the start of a traffic stop, making contact with the driver, issuing a citation, running the dog around the car, and then doing a hand search if the dog alerts doesn't even take an hour!

If you are so concerned go to your local P.D. and ask to speak with the officer about what happened! Perhaps he just turned around to go to another call or maybe he had a legit reason to follow you!

Either way he didn't pull you over did he? Nope, he didn't so why so paranoid?
Old 07-18-2008, 03:46 PM
PUREFUN
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '07-'08

None of us were there when you got pulled over but my guess is if you gave the cop a attitude he in turn decided to keep take his sweet time with you as a payback. Like i said i wasn't there. But giving a police officer a attitude problem isn't going to help your situation. The other night when i got followed but not stopped i said it could have been because of my guages or a visable radar detector. Who knows? It could have been just that the cop was checking out my Vette because he likes high performance cars. My brother in law is a cop here in Vegas and believe when i say if you give him a attitude that only shows to him and his fellow buddies on the force that you have issues with the law and they are going to check you out fully before they let you drive away. None of us were there so but a hour is a little too excessive. So we all tend to believe there is more to the story.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:15 PM
EBZ16
Instructor

Why is it that anytime anyone does anything short of licking LEO a$$ its automatically his/her fault and not that the LEO was being a d*** head, envious, had an attitude or profiling?

For some reason everyone is quick to jump and say....

"you're obviously pararnoid!!!"

"are you crazy, that never happens to me.........the LEOs in my area are saints"

"He was only doing his job, I mean whats wrong with you?"

"you muxt've done something wrong..."

" get over it...."

" "

the world is much larger then your backyard.....so just because these sort of things dont happen in your neck of the woods doesn't mean they don't happen
Old 07-18-2008, 04:33 PM
countylawdog
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EBZ16
Why is it that anytime anyone does anything short of licking LEO a$$ its automatically his/her fault and not that the LEO was being a d*** head, envious, had an attitude or profiling?

"are you crazy, that never happens to me.........the LEOs in my area are saints"

" get over it...."

" "

the world is much larger then your backyard.....so just because these sort of things dont happen in your neck of the woods doesn't mean they don't happen

Could it be that all these people have had a fairly good relationship with LEO? Afterall, they were just explaining their experiences.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:34 PM
EBZ16
Instructor

Originally Posted by countylawdog
Could it be that all these people have had a fairly good relationship with LEO? Afterall, they were just explaining their experiences.

oh look...........there it goes.............you missed the point

the world is much larger then your backyard.....so just because it hasn't happen to you and you are butt buddies with your local LEO's doesn't mean they don't happen

come on people! turn on the news, read a newspaper, do something LOL

Last edited by EBZ16; 07-18-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: HOW FAST WAS I GOING OFFICER? Los Angeles Hating GM Dealership Service Dept.'s Since Sept. 2004

" get over it...."

" "

I'm just gonna say...

Go do the job and come back with your new perspective ---

And it's funny you say the world is bigger than your back yard ---- but if that goes for us, it goes for you too.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:39 PM
EBZ16
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyVetteDream
I'm just gonna say...

Go do the job and come back with your new perspective ---
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

That's what I thought ---
Old 07-18-2008, 04:43 PM
Tavarez
Drifting

happens to me all the time, could it be the headers, no cats and bullets?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:47 PM
EBZ16
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyVetteDream
That's what I thought ---

oh you man, you guys are jsut too funny....

again, just because it has never happened to you doesn't mean it doesnt happen..

...come on people, stop being sheep and think outside the box btu what do I know I'm just a man with a keyboard and 5 mins to kill

Get notified of new replies

To Do police follow you late night in your vette?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
countylawdog
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh look...........there it goes.............you missed the point

the world is much larger then your backyard.....so just because it hasn't happen to you and you are butt buddies with your local LEO's doesn't mean they don't happen

come on people! turn on the news, read a newspaper, do something LOL
I haven't missed the point anywhere! All I said was that the people commenting on this forum evidently have had good personal experiences w/ LEO. For the start of the thread asked for personal experiences, not worldwide news.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:51 PM
EBZ16
Instructor

oh look, there it goes again...............those things are quick little rascals aren't they
Old 07-18-2008, 05:11 PM
MyVetteDream
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

oh you man, you guys are jsut too funny....

again, just because it has never happened to you doesn't mean it doesnt happen..

...come on people, stop being sheep and think outside the box btu what do I know I'm just a man with a keyboard and 5 mins to kill
So you're admittedly a

You have no purpose in this thread but try and stir the pot... wow... what a surprise!?

You keep saying "it happens" --- what happened to you? And don't tell me about your cousin's, boyfriend's, neighbor's, gardener got pulled over story....

Quick Reply: Do police follow you late night in your vette?