Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby! PLEASE quit slamming the door!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Bakersfield
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

She is just trying to keep your window from sticking. It is called, "Preventative Maintenance".
Old 09-24-2008, 11:14 AM
LNGBAL
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bill W
My wife slammed the door on my Z so hard one time that the window lowered itself. Wife slams everything, not just the car door. House doors, cabinet doors, windows, etc... And, God forbid it doesn't close the first time she slams it cause the next is worse. Many times I have walked up to our front door and gently pushed it shut and you hear the click. You can slam it as much as you want and it won't latch. Great thread!
I think our wives are related. When she is cooking dinner it sounds like a heard of blind goats walking through a mine field. When she talks on the phone I always ask her if she is using a can with a string on it instead of the phone.
Here is my solution to the door thing: When we used to take the Vette out (we have a 7 month old now so we always take the Hummer), I wear my sunglasses when we are leaving the house. When we get to where we are going, I bring them in with me and take them off and put them in the case. I then give them to her to put in her purse. When we get home, I ask her for my glasses back so that gives her time to rummage through that bottomless pit of a purse. That buys me enough time to walk around the car open the door for her (she thinks I am being chivalrous) and she gets out. Therefore, I open AND close the door. Problem solved. She used to fling the door open so hard it would almost close when it would come back down. After numberous "Honey..." and her response being "It's just a car" I decided to do this. It work, no more arguements and I get nice guy points.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Birdman
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Just choke-slam her the next time she does it...

"You see!? Now you know how the car feels when you slam the door! Now make me a sandwich, sweety!!"
Old 09-24-2008, 12:14 PM
cdnguyred88
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LIGHTMAN
My Wife got the message about SLAMMING my car doors after I got up in the middle of the night a couple of times to take a Wizz and I left the TOLIET SEAT UP !!!! If you SLAM my doors the SEAT stays UP !!!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:31 PM
jeremyttt
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well i cant lie, i have a tendency for slamming my car door as well, maybe its from compeiting in a few strong man compitions.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:48 PM
jdreg
Instructor

as a last resort you could treaten to withhold s#x
Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 PM
BoiseVette
Pro

Originally Posted by jdreg
as a last resort you could treaten to withhold s#x

Hahaha... like that would work.

This is all good stuff -BUT, there are other alternatives. You could buy a K9 shock training color and tell her it’s a fancy new necklace. From what you've told us about her, I think she'd believe you without hesitation. Every time she forgets to gently close the door, you could hold the remote shocker button down till the battery dies. (Don’t stop pressing until the collar stops emitting a buzzing sound) This would be a very effective training device that would likely not require repeated uses for her to learn her school'n... bless her heart. After she has learned her lesson, you could place the device in the "for sale" section and recoup most of your money. It seems that many other C5'ers need to teach their counterparts the same lesson. I would advise a fresh set of quality alkaline batteries for both the transmitter and collar before proceeding. Best of luck, and please post pics of your results!
Old 10-07-2008, 12:40 AM
mqqn
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'11

Originally Posted by PaulWall
Then be a gentleman, and open the door for her hahaha

There is the answer -

My lovely wife shuts the door using the window-glass.

I have asked her to try to remember not to do this, but it's no big deal.

The car would be so much less fun without her!

I try to open and close the door for her whenever possible.

best regards-

mqqn
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I'm such a scumbag I'd warn her a few times to be careful or you'll break the glass. Then I'd adjust the window so it explodes next time. Just imagine all the mileage you'd get out of that. I'd also bet she's so stoopid she'd never notice how I just happened to have another extra window already laying around. I could always play that off as I always KNEW you'd break it.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:10 AM
versatile
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill W
My wife slammed the door on my Z so hard one time that the window lowered itself. Wife slams everything, not just the car door. House doors, cabinet doors, windows, etc... And, God forbid it doesn't close the first time she slams it cause the next is worse. Many times I have walked up to our front door and gently pushed it shut and you hear the click. You can slam it as much as you want and it won't latch. Great thread!
I think I'm married to your wife!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 AM
65convt
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JACKAL0PE
I AM being a gentleman. This usually happens when I let her out at the front door of a store and then drive to the south forty to park the Vetter and I walk all the way in. I do that so SHE won't have to walk in from 2 miles out!
I have the same problem.
My wife swings the door so hard I'm waiting for the rearview mirror to drop off. She doesn't do it in the Vette though. Just her Tahoe, and she gets upset with me when I say something about it.

Quick Reply: Baby! PLEASE quit slamming the door!