Sponsored by:

[Z06] !st Driving Impressions New Clutch New LT Headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default !st Driving Impressions New Clutch New LT Headers

I just completed the installation of a new C6 LS-7 clutch, Melrose long tube headers, Random Tech cats and X-Pipe on the 01 Z. Wow what a difference these mods made I like the LS-7 Clutch great feel not too heavy and it seems to grip nicely. While we had it on the lift with the exhaust off the car I popped for the headers, cats and X-pipe. The Melrose headers fit nice and the whole system bolted up quickly. I had earlier installed a set of B&B bullets and boy do those things make a different sound with the long tubes. Plugs and wires topped off the install and I am very pleased with the outcome. Headers definately make a seat of the pants difference. We took a ton of pics during the process I will post a few after I get them posted to photo bucket.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:37 PM
MAZTIFS_C6
Instructor

Get a tune and you'll feel it even more.

Trust me, you should see a huge difference in MPG.

Pre-tune I was averaging 8-12 MPG and the car was getting 333hp at the rear rollers...BUT...the car was also pulling 12 degrees of timing!

Post-tune I was averaging 19-23 MPG (city/street and after my lead foot leveled out)

Also, the car put down 356/370trq at the rear rollers!

A good tune is def worth the money!
Old 08-22-2008, 06:01 PM
66CorvetteCoupe
Pro

Originally Posted by MAZTIFS_C6
Get a tune and you'll feel it even more.

Trust me, you should see a huge difference in MPG.

Pre-tune I was averaging 8-12 MPG and the car was getting 333hp at the rear rollers...BUT...the car was also pulling 12 degrees of timing!

Post-tune I was averaging 19-23 MPG (city/street and after my lead foot leveled out)

Also, the car put down 356/370trq at the rear rollers!

A good tune is def worth the money!
Thanks James I actually had the car tuned last year by Chuck COW, during his tuning I told him headers were in the near future he made some adjustments in the tune for the upgrade. My next mod will be a camshaft, springs, push rods and rockers. The car currently is doing 18-19 around town after the install, I will pop for another tune after the bump stick. Your car sounds impressive and thanks for the advice.

Get notified of new replies

To !st Driving Impressions New Clutch New LT Headers

Quick Reply: [Z06] !st Driving Impressions New Clutch New LT Headers