Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] My Z got egged for Halloween.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:28 AM
acarroll7715
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

thats exactly why I did not drive my Z on halloween. I saw a smashed pumpkin a block away, then hopped in my 1995 saturn and went on my way
Old 11-03-2009, 01:08 AM
Paul 68
Melting Slicks

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Well, I'm quite angry about this, and I'm not sure why this happens.

I drove to a friend's house last night to go out. We took their car to our destination. When we got back, sure enough my car had been egged. There were a few other cars in the area that were egged too.

By the time I got the car over to a gas station to see in the light what the damage was, the egg was hardened all over. But luckily almost none of it was on the body and most of it was on the windshield.

Needless to say it doesn't look like there was any permanent damage to the body. Took 3 hours to get it all off since it was 4am.

Anyone know why people get egged? My dad got egged last year as well while he was at a poker game with his friends. We've never been egged in my home neighborhood.

People have no respect these days...

EDIT:
I had my Z egged wasn't on Halloween though. Was over a year ago, was at my cousin house came outside around 11pm was egged all over the driver side. Went and wash off all the egg that night, thought it was fine till i saw it the next day in the light. The rear quarter panel was damage by the egg, chip the paint in a circular pattern. Pist me off still haven't fix it will one day. Can't have anything nice now a days. Glad your wasn't damage.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 AM
gizmominou
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That really sucks man, probably teens
Old 11-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Z06supercharged
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gizmominou
That really sucks man, probably teens
Oh no...id say probably 12 year olds...teens move on up to heavier objects like bricks...
Old 11-03-2009, 09:12 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul 68
I had my Z egged wasn't on Halloween though. Was over a year ago, was at my cousin house came outside around 11pm was egged all over the driver side. Went and wash off all the egg that night, thought it was fine till i saw it the next day in the light. The rear quarter panel was damage by the egg, chip the paint in a circular pattern. Pist me off still haven't fix it will one day. Can't have anything nice now a days. Glad your wasn't damage.
Yeah. Exactly, the circular pattern. That's what happened on my dad's car.

It's true. You can have nice things. And people wonder why people with big houses and nice cars stay away from "lesser" areas. They're afraid people are going to do that stuff to them.

I live in a small middle-class area. A Corvette is pretty much the nicer of the cars that are here. Maybe a newer Porsche now and then. I'm always watching out for jealous people or kids that are pissed at the world. It's funny because I look so young that most people think I'm driving either my dad's car or a car my dad bought me. So I'm always suspicious of others around me that are jealous.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:16 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Z06supercharged
Cmon now you mean to tell me you didnt throw eggs when you were a young kid? I dont recall me actually tossing any at cars but I hit plenty of houses and garage doors with them.
There is no reason people do it, its just one of those stupid things you do
(or some people do) when a young kid.
I can honestly say id never leave my Z06 parked outside on Halloween night tho in any neighborhood. Im a bit more sensible than that.
Well, yeah. You live and you learn I guess.

I've never thrown eggs at objects. I did have egg fights with my friends when we were really young... We were throwing eggs at each other. LOL That was fun until it came to cleaning off.

Eventually I started pre-cracking the eggs and emptying the contents into a bowl to eat the eggs, then I'd fill the shells with confetti and tape them up. Instead of throwing them at my friends, I'd crack them on their heads while they weren't looking.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:18 PM
FRC Z
Advanced

Left my Z parked outside last summer when I had left town for a few days. Came back to find it egged and it was too late. The egg been on too long and had eaten my paint off everywhere it was (including driver fender, door, roof decklid, and rear bumper). Spent a small fortune repainting some of it. Still have more to do. People have no respect these days.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Ikester
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Anyone know why people get egged? gehosting/14aee05d0ad14a.jpg[/img]
During Halloween, If the kids asked for a treat and you didnt have any or nobody answers you get tricked.

hence the saying, "trick or treat"

Next year you should stay home for halloween and give out candy. you will be safe!

Last edited by Ikester; 11-03-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:40 PM
madman91
Burning Brakes

just campout with a paintball gun next time! when you see them take aim with their eggs just open fire and send them home purple, pink and with welts all over!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:10 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Ikester
During Halloween, If the kids asked for a treat and you didnt have any or nobody answers you get tricked.

hence the saying, "trick or treat"

Next year you should stay home for halloween and give out candy. you will be safe!
My car wasn't parked outside someone else's house. There was someone at my house giving out candy. I feel like it was simply a lose/lose situation. If what you're saying is true, someone else's stinginess got me in trouble.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:45 PM
jsbcorvette
Instructor

That sucks but thats why I dont leave my vette outside at night.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Anyone know why people get egged?
You might as well ask why people get robbed, raped or murdered. Some people are dirt bags no matter how old they are.

But with all the people out and about on Halloween night, I would have left the Corvette inside a garage. Mine never stays outside unattended as it is to much temptation for others to damage or steal.
Old 11-06-2009, 10:56 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Shylor
You might as well ask why people get robbed, raped or murdered. Some people are dirt bags no matter how old they are.

But with all the people out and about on Halloween night, I would have left the Corvette inside a garage. Mine never stays outside unattended as it is to much temptation for others to damage or steal.
Well, of course, there's never a good reason for malicious activity. But my question was more on the lines of why egging is a tradition. What's the story behind it? Thank kind of thing.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 AM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

But my question was more on the lines of why egging is a tradition. What's the story behind it?
When you hit something with an egg it's messy.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:06 PM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

LOL... Thanks for clearing that up.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Texan1Z06
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LOL... Thanks for clearing that up.
Wow, earth-shattering information.

Egging a car is bad news. Luckily, I'm not speaking from experience.

Quick Reply: [Z06] My Z got egged for Halloween.