1of50/ 1of1 made C5/w C6Zo6 engine from chevy

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 04:32 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyv6
I still don't think it is going to have much value over a normal auto/vert. I have had a Roush (signed by Jack during the great American Race), a Firehawk and a few other very unique cars and, in the end, when I sold the cars I did not get much more $ than a standard version of the car. Even my Z06, I purchased with 2,000 miles, was built by Corvette Concepts out of Sarasota Florida and I paid the same as a stock Z06. Even if it had a 500ci twin turbo setup it would still have no appeal to me. I like many others don't care for verts or automatics. I agree with some others, you are going to need to have the car appraised. You should also call someone like Heacock Insurance to insure the car. They specialize in classic and collector cars. Good luck!

You know... you may very well be correct. I am thinking it would be about 30 years before it would see big strides in price,,, maybe like a Yanko??

Well, I guess we will see, as it is going to stay in the family,

Please be kind, and as promised I will post the pic's.

I know some of us would like to see it... and I may have never known the true origin with out some of your help.... thx again

And yes, I use Hagarty for my C3, we will put this C5 on Hagarty as well...

and also please keep this in mind, I can only disseminate the information given me, good, bad, indifferent, correct and non-correct.... thus, I am only the messenger... dont kill me

Last edited by pauldana; 12-15-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:36 PM
myquickZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pauldana
please keep in mind, this is a C6 ZO6 427 engine, installed by GM in a C5
Here's a picture of my C5. It is a 2003 with an LS6 installed at the factory. In escence, it is a Z06 with a coupe body and an automatic transmission. All other parts are Z06. Only the body and tranny are not. Oh, it's an all numbers match car too.
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
pauldana
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 396 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by myquickZ06
Here's a picture of my C5. It is a 2003 with an LS6 installed at the factory. In escence, it is a Z06 with a coupe body and an automatic transmission. All other parts are Z06. Only the body and tranny are not. Oh, it's an all numbers match car too.
Nice looking vett...
Old 12-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Humy
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for pics
Old 12-15-2009, 05:25 PM
myquickZ06
Burning Brakes

Thank you for the compliment.

I would have to say, leave to the experts on the value of the car. It must be worth way more than a standard Vette.
With the documentation that proves it's lineage, it's special. I've talked to the owner of a local Chevy dealer, and he said they can and do sometimes put in special orders. There was a time you could order your new car built to your specs. See if you can find the build sheet hidden somewhere in the car itself. Do a search to find where they were placed at the factory.
We would like to see some pics.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:55 PM
SVTBAIT
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2015 C5 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by myquickZ06
Very nice.

Just out of curiosity, is it just the LS6 block, or is it the long block (ie. 243 heads, LS6 cam etc)?
Old 12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
PostShawn
Safety Car

Wow! I can't believe this thread.

We all have to remember the OP has a C3. He may not know everything there is to know about C5's. Heck, the racecar driver owner may have not known all either. They just know what they are told. The car is a C5. Has a 427 in it. Of course it's not a prototype. But is it a cool car? Heck Yeah! It's a Guldstrand car. It is one of a kind in many views. We don't know if there is documentation or not. Who knows whats in the glove box or trunk of the car. If it's a Guldstrand car I'm sure Guldstrand would have some documentation. And he's only 20 minutes away from Guldstrand's shop so I'm sure he can go down there and strike up a nice hour long conversation with Dick him self. The OP was here asking for info and willing to share what he knows/finds with us. I think it's really cool and still look forward to seeing pictures.

Basically look at it like this. You are driving your Corvette down the road. This one pulls up next to you. Would you wave? if so then let's put aside some of the info that was unclear and welcome this cool car's knowledge into CF-C5G forum.

Paul, there is a Simi Valley Corvette Club actually out there. They are some good guys so if your son wants to be active in at least meeting other vette peeps then he can check that out. There is also a monthly San Fernando Valley get-together that is held. I try to go to those and it would be awesome to see this machine in person. There is a really cool gathering on Jan 16 or 17th (dont remember the date) at West Coast Muscle Cars which is having sort of an open house. It's probably less then 30 minutes from Simi Valley. They are a Corvette specialty shop and the people at that gathering will be some nice vette guys to talk to.

Anyway hope you guys enjoy the car.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
VerTigo456
Melting Slicks

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Ready for pics
Old 12-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Grumpy
MONARTOR

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
Cruise-In 5-6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-10-'11-12-'13-'14-'15-'16-17-'18-'19'-20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Wouldn't it be wise to simply close this thread as a Christmas gift to us all?
festive ramahannahquanzmas to all and to all a good night

Quick Reply: 1of50/ 1of1 made C5/w C6Zo6 engine from chevy