Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] it's Time but confusing " LG G5X3 vs Vengeance VRX5 "

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Well, i would think that if you are doing a cam swap with a decent sized cam that you would ask "whatever" vendor you are purchasing the cam from whether or not to flycut..

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
I still have to agree with Joshua on this one.

He realizes that the cam comes with a cam card, but I have no idea why there is a need to keep the information private. Once the first cam was shipped out to a customer, the specs were no longer secret. Why do they still need to keep it a mystery. I still do not understand why they do not advertise what the specs are.

Personally, I think it's paramount to know the specifications before buying the cam - that's how I base my purchase decision. What happens if you need to know whether you'll have to flycut or not? I would hate to just rely on someone stating "it will fit".

Now, i would concurr with this statement...
Bad95: Basically it comes down to what cam will suit your application best. You know the specs of both, and they're both of equal quality - they are both ground by Comp Cams. Choose the one that's specs suit your needs. Don't base your decision on a company.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:03 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by 0H1Z06
Joshua.,, why the LGM bashing?

Originally Posted by Millenium Z06
No s*&^, whats your problem
Since you asked....

Aside from their hidden voodoo cam marketing tactics Ive had two business dealings with them and they were both bad.

The most serious (and final) was when I bought a clutch kit. My car had a vibration after the install and asked if they knew of these cars having weights on the flywheel for some cars since I found posts of some people having them.

They were cocky everytime I called them. "Look, we've been building cars for years and we've never had an issue with vibration. I don't know what to tell you".
They basically after a few calls (without any harshness on my part, in fact being very patient considering the issue I needed help on) they pissed on me. Put me on hold forever and then acting snide when I finally am "blessed" with their presence on the phone.

In the end.... The clutch shop pulled my old flywheel out of the dumpster (thank GOD they still had it) and there were weights. We resufaced the stock fw and tore the car apart again for the install. It was smooth as glass. If I wasn't determined to find the issue I'd be stuck right now with a vibrating pile. They may not think spending $1300+ of someone else's cash is a big deal.... But that's a large amount to spend and have ***-POOR service!

Then they wouldn't even give me a partial credit back for the aluminum flywheel they sold me with the kit...after all my expense, frustration, and their LACK of help getting it fixed.

(Since you asked) F- lgmotorsports!
Old 02-13-2010, 04:02 AM
Bad95killer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ~Joshua
Since you asked....

Aside from their hidden voodoo cam marketing tactics Ive had two business dealings with them and they were both bad.

The most serious (and final) was when I bought a clutch kit. My car had a vibration after the install and asked if they knew of these cars having weights on the flywheel for some cars since I found posts of some people having them.

They were cocky everytime I called them. "Look, we've been building cars for years and we've never had an issue with vibration. I don't know what to tell you".
They basically after a few calls (without any harshness on my part, in fact being very patient considering the issue I needed help on) they pissed on me. Put me on hold forever and then acting snide when I finally am "blessed" with their presence on the phone.

In the end.... The clutch shop pulled my old flywheel out of the dumpster (thank GOD they still had it) and there were weights. We resufaced the stock fw and tore the car apart again for the install. It was smooth as glass. If I wasn't determined to find the issue I'd be stuck right now with a vibrating pile. They may not think spending $1300+ of someone else's cash is a big deal.... But that's a large amount to spend and have ***-POOR service!

Then they wouldn't even give me a partial credit back for the aluminum flywheel they sold me with the kit...after all my expense, frustration, and their LACK of help getting it fixed.

OOOPS!! there's something not good about lgmotorsports's reputation

thanx all of you still thinking and was discussing the issues with my brothers and they're putting the F/I plan in my brain
Old 02-13-2010, 07:21 AM
MPM IV
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If LG is giving cam cards with there cams now thats new. In the past they wouldn't tell you even after you purchased.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:58 AM
BLKOHZ06
Racer

I like my LG G5X3 in my 02 Z. No problems at all with in town driving . Nice idle, never missed a beat and it screams.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Millenium Z06

Received 312 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad95killer
OOOPS!! there's something not good about lgmotorsports's reputation

thanx all of you still thinking and was discussing the issues with my brothers and they're putting the F/I plan in my brain
That hardly constitutes a bad reputation; EVERY shop has had at least 1 dissatisfied customer, every company that does business has had dissatisfied customers but that should not give the company a bad reputation.
G5X cams are a proven product, dont like not knowing the specs even though you know then move to the next choice.

I do agree with your brothers though; I was going the cam route. However after talking with a couple guys who had cams, they said if they had it to do all over again, they would have gone FI so I have decided to go FI over the cam.
Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 PM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

That is a shame... I too would be pissed if something like that happened to me. As i said, LGM has always done me right. that is why i continue going back.. I respect your position Josh... VERY unfortunate!

Originally Posted by ~Joshua
Since you asked....

Old 02-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Castrellon
Racer

Originally Posted by ctusser
Unless you spend a lot of time at the track, you'd probably happier long term with the G5X1 or similar. You must ask yourself how often your engine is over 5,000 rpms, b/c that is the only range a big cam is going to benefit you. So many guys go with the big cams only to regret it after a few months when they realize they arent as responsive or well mannered for street driving as they'd like. Good luck though, I hope you like what you choose
If you want a lil' more street ability, get the 114º LSA, broader torque band. The 112 and 113º LSA will be peakier cams.
I got the 114º for that very reason. Like any big cam, parking lots and such 0-10MPH situations are going to be difficult even with a good tune.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:22 PM
RDnomorecobra
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got any closer pics and info on that splitter you've got in the front?
Old 02-14-2010, 01:50 AM
clekchaum
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

i had the VRX5 , it was tuned by lg motorsports, the tuner (shawn) indicated it was a great cam and easier to tune than the g5x3, both are pretty rough idle but a very mean sounding car and great performer

my car with just the vrx5 , underdrive pulley and kooks made 430rwhp.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Bad95killer
Pro

Originally Posted by clekchaum
i had the VRX5 , it was tuned by lg motorsports, the tuner (shawn) indicated it was a great cam and easier to tune than the g5x3, both are pretty rough idle but a very mean sounding car and great performer

my car with just the vrx5 , underdrive pulley and kooks made 430rwhp.
nice power bro thanx and i respect them both and already donr some deals with LG and Vengeance before.

Quick Reply: [Z06] it's Time but confusing " LG G5X3 vs Vengeance VRX5 "