harness wire

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

Received 138 Likes on 129 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by BCH & VET
Chuck, i really hate to say this - and please don't take offense: welcome to the '80s!!!
you should listen to mr. Bill's advice. you can buy a mp3 player that will fit all your cd's for much less than $100. you don't have to get the newest i-pod and you don't have to download i-tunes. burn your cd's to your computer and download to the mp3 player. easy!!!
but it's your car - as always, do what you like...
Thanks , I will take that into consideration, but since i have the 12 disc cd player, and ordered the harness, let me see how it works out, and then i will make up my mind, thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 AM
dieseldave56
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Quality of sound ............

Chuck, i really hate to say this - and please don't take offense: welcome to the '80s!!!
you should listen to mr. Bill's advice. you can buy a mp3 player that will fit all your cd's for much less than $100. you don't have to get the newest i-pod and you don't have to download i-tunes. burn your cd's to your computer and download to the mp3 player. easy!!!
but it's your car - as always, do what you like...
Actually from my subjective point of view the MP3 player when used in this replacement capacity has a degraded sound quality compared to a CD. I do use the HP CD-R discs when I burn a mix from my ITune music collection but the sound consistency is more like a pirated reproduction CD than one produced from a studio master.

I'll qualify my statement with the following revelation that granted my hearing isn't a good as when I was younger and I rarely have the CD playing when driving my Z06.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

yea, i was going to get a 12 disc with the transmitter but was told it wouldnt sound too good, so that is why i bought the 12 disc with the harness, its still not here, were is my damn harness, i have been e-mailing the seller, and no response, i will give it one more day, than i will start lossing my temper
Old 04-08-2010, 09:47 AM
BCH & VET
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dieseldave56
Actually from my subjective point of view the MP3 player when used in this replacement capacity has a degraded sound quality compared to a CD. I do use the HP CD-R discs when I burn a mix from my ITune music collection but the sound consistency is more like a pirated reproduction CD than one produced from a studio master.

I'll qualify my statement with the following revelation that granted my hearing isn't a good as when I was younger and I rarely have the CD playing when driving my Z06.
i've occasionally had problems with sound quality w/downloads but not with burning cd's. just have to make sure the computer's media player is set up for optimum sound. i've also noticed cd's seem to come out clearer the slower you burn them (?).
also the former owner of my c5 had put in a jvc head unit w/mp3 jack, speakers, etc. it's got a good sound...
my hearing has gone downhill also - too many pink floyd concerts in my youth
Old 04-08-2010, 01:12 PM
mschamberger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
baflles my mind why people are installing changers still
I use both. I have a PIE X3 AUX adapter. The control sits where my ashtray used to be. I can manually switch between my 12 disc changer or 3 aux in devices. Right now I only have my Nano connected.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

WOO-HOO, the harness has arrived figures i am at work, and tommorow i have so many plans, bringing the wife to PT, getting my driveway reasealed, and then to work from my regular 3-11 shift and then Saturday 7 am-3 pm, i need , some help, i just hope its the right harness

Last edited by Chuck A; 04-08-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: I just cannot spell anything correctly
Old 04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Very cool, the harness works perfect, now i need an installer, seems very simple to do.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Well i just got back the installer said that i did not have the connectors on the passengers foot well, and that he needs to remove the radio cluster and the side panels, and connect to the back of the radio, has anyone heard of this before, and will the harness reach now due to he will be connecting to the radio, instead of the footwell, i appreciate your help, the saga continues
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Chuck A
Well i just got back the installer said that i did not have the connectors on the passengers foot well, and that he needs to remove the radio cluster and the side panels, and connect to the back of the radio, has anyone heard of this before, and will the harness reach now due to he will be connecting to the radio, instead of the footwell, i appreciate your help, the saga continues
Year 2000 I would of thought the plugs are in the footwell, You might need a different harness now.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:22 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

My Itouch sounds great, Every bit if not better than CD's.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Year 2000 I would of thought the plugs are in the footwell, You might need a different harness now.
He said that he could connect it to the back of the radio
Old 04-09-2010, 01:27 PM
Aerovette
Team Owner

Received 585 Likes on 265 Posts

My .02

I have no aux equipment in my Silverado so I bought the MP3 harness that plugs in to the back. I have to have the volume twice as high if I listen to my MP3. Other than that, it was a 5 minute install and exactly what I wanted.

As for the Corvette, I have searched and researched, read posts, and went to the "bay of E" looking for a single solution to get MP3 sound along with my 12 disc changer and there is no solution that is a plug and play. I constantly run across some exception in the fine print that prevents me from doing this.

I don't blame the OP for adding the changer. It "should be" the easiets solution. I use mine all the time. IF I could use my MP3 and get decent and LEVEL sound, I might think differently.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Originally Posted by Aerovette
My .02

I have no aux equipment in my Silverado so I bought the MP3 harness that plugs in to the back. I have to have the volume twice as high if I listen to my MP3. Other than that, it was a 5 minute install and exactly what I wanted.

As for the Corvette, I have searched and researched, read posts, and went to the "bay of E" looking for a single solution to get MP3 sound along with my 12 disc changer and there is no solution that is a plug and play. I constantly run across some exception in the fine print that prevents me from doing this.

I don't blame the OP for adding the changer. It "should be" the easiets solution. I use mine all the time. IF I could use my MP3 and get decent and LEVEL sound, I might think differently.
I have my Itouch hooked up to my factory system and works great, I can control the itouch with the radio and no sound loss at all and it keeps the itouch charged..
Isimple is the answer. Get ahold od Dennis (c5bearfan) and he will hppk you up.

I sold my 12 disc changer and glad I did. Nothing like having 32 gigs of mp3's at your fingertips.
Mr.Bill
Old 04-10-2010, 02:08 AM
dieseldave56
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Get a new installer.............

Get a new installer as that one has never done a OEM CD changer install on a C5. The two (3 and 4 pin )connectors are there !!! Sometimes they tuck them under or around the harness. Usually 3 pin connector is taped to the kick panel brace/ support and the 4 pin is tucked in and around the harness bundle. This is an easy install and does not require removing radio bezel!!
Old 04-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by dieseldave56
Get a new installer as that one has never done a OEM CD changer install on a C5. The two (3 and 4 pin )connectors are there !!! Sometimes they tuck them under or around the harness. Usually 3 pin connector is taped to the kick panel brace/ support and the 4 pin is tucked in and around the harness bundle. This is an easy install and does not require removing radio bezel!!
Thanks, i thought so
Old 04-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I found the connectors, 12 disc connected and working FINE, thanks for all your help
Old 04-10-2010, 06:09 PM
BCH & VET
Instructor

Get notified of new replies

To harness wire

Old 04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

thanks for your help, i appreciated it
Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

I found the connectors, 12 disc connected and working FINE, thanks for all your help
Maybe you can get a part time job being an installer, Seeing that the guy told you there were no connectors...lol
Old 04-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Chuck A
Race Director

St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Mr.Bill
Maybe you can get a part time job being an installer, Seeing that the guy told you there were no connectors...lol
being an HVAC engineer (Licensed) i usually need to investigate and find problems of all sort, but IMO the installer just didnt want to look, but me saving 75$ more than i needed to pay, well saved me some money, thanks forr your help, you Sir were very helpfull

Quick Reply: harness wire