***Light Cannon HID headlights: Last-Ever GP***

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:45 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08
Default ***Light Cannon HID headlights: Last-Ever GP***

This is the final production run for the Radioflyer’s Projector-HID pop up headlights. After this GP, these lights will no longer be offered.

The best performing headlights ever designed for the C5 corvette just got better. Introducing Light Cannons Version 2.0!!

Version 2.0 incorporates the following changes:
a) Redesigned cutoff shields: Gives a sharper cutoff, wider pattern and better long distance vision.
b) Slim ballasts: Lighter weight easier to install and small design gives you more mounting options.
c) 55w kit HID kits now standard: Experience 50% more output than standard 35w HID kits.
d) Re-designed Relay Harness: takes some of hassle and confusion out of the original design reducing a 8’ harness to one that fits in the battery compartment only. No more running wire loom all over the place.
e) 4300K HID bulbs now available standard option: no more additional fees for the brightest HID bulbs available on the market today.

Normally one could expect to pay an additional $300 more for these upgrades, but for a limited time only, the base kit will be $800!!

Those of you with the light cannons kit can upgrade your components (please PM me for specific upgrade information)

For those of you not familiar with the Light cannons, please read on for a detailed description.

For those of you who are tired of not being able to see at night, lights provide the solution.

What makes Light Cannons special?

The Light Cannons are the result of nearly a year of my research into the best possible lighting for corvette while keeping the price manageable. They combine the optical technology of Hella (makers of the Mercedes, BMW and other headlight components) combined with custom designed Mounting frames and thermoformed ABS shrouds to match your factory look. In addition, every light cannon kit comes with a Hi-4 harness that allows your Low beams to remain on with your high beams (a feature that until recently required an in depth knowledge of vehicle electronics) I have personally tried or seen every commercially available kit for the C5 corvette and feel the Light cannons are by far the best performing product for the money.

What makes Light Cannons superior to other options?

- OEM: Your OEM headlights have a horrible pattern and the bulb only produces 1000 lumens. It’s almost dangerous to drive on an unlit or poorly lit road

- Aftermarket halogen bulbs: These draw more wattage and will often fail faster than OEM bulbs. In addition most “blue tinted” bulbs produce less usable light since the tinting eats up the light output

- HID plug and play kits: The output of the HID bulbs are limited to the poor reflector and lens of the OEM light. There’s often a horrible glare and the output has hotspots that hamper your night vision.

- T84 Euro spec headlights: This kit requires 120 watts of power to get the same amount of output as the light cannon kit and the T84s are not HID friendly housings.

- ACA: The second best option, but many have reported the high beams section of the
housing is not correctly aligned with the low beams resulting in a high beam that shoots into the sky instead of down the road.

- Fixed headlights: Many feel the appearance of fixed headlights throw off the lines of the car. In addition the higher quality fixed headlight kits cost on average 75% more than the light cannons kit.

Compare Light cannons to your OEM headlights:

What you get:

Base Kit: $800
Includes:
- Hella 90mm projector low beams
- Hella 90mm Free-form Reflectors
- Reinforced Aluminum Frames
- Stainless and aluminum Hardware
- Thermoformed ABS Shrouds
- Plug and play relay harness,
- HID kit with Ballasts and Bulbs
- High beam Harness w/ 65w High beam bulb,
- Hi-4 circuit
- Detailed installation instructions in .pdf for download.

Compare brightness to OEM headlight bulb (1000 lumens)
Bulb color options:
3000K – Golden yellow (2900 lumens)
4300K – Pure White (3000lumens)
6000K – White with blue tint (2900 lumens)
8000K – Iceburg Blue (2600 lumens)

(4300K)

Upgrades:
Halo rings: +$100 ***now also available in blue***
(Includes mounted Halo rings and transformers integrated into Relay harness)

HID High beam: +$120

HID Fog: +$120
(Includes second HID kit for high beams)

HID fog and High beam: +$200
(includes second and third HID kit for fogs and Highs)

GP details: This GP will last for 2 weeks (ending on sunday May 23). Construction will take roughly 2 weeks. Each order will be updated when the kit is complete and emailed with tracking information. Prices include shipping for domestic orders only. International orders will need to PM me for additional shipping charges.

How to get on the GP: Send an email to me at the address listed with your name, screen name and options (HID color etc) I accept paypal, mailed check or money order.

Email: Radioflyer97@gmail.com

If you have any questions, please post on this thread so others can benefit as well. Previous Light cannon owners are welcome to post as well.

Last edited by TheRadioFlyer97; 05-10-2010 at 11:42 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Evilash
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does the redesigned harness still power the Halos?
I have the old harness and Halos; could I benefit from the new harness eliminating all of the cross car wiring?
Old 05-10-2010, 03:08 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Evilash
Does the redesigned harness still power the Halos?
I have the old harness and Halos; could I benefit from the new harness eliminating all of the cross car wiring?
The new setup plugs directly into your stock headlight connector. The halos can tap power from the parking lights (I like to use the small 194 marker bulb in the corner lights) You can have your headlights up with halos on and no headlights (for show)

The new harness is the "hi-4 harness" which i will be running a second GP on later this week. You will no longer need the huge original harness that came with the first few kits.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:50 PM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

George,,how come you are calling it quits?? These are something that I've been keeping on my wish list,,but it's going to be quite a while before the financial picture is clear enough to start playing with the vet!! I know the logistics are a P.I.A. for production of these babies,,but cant you revive them once or twice a year?? Ben following your electrical adventures for a couple years or so,,and have to say you never cease to amaze me with your imagination and creativity!!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:40 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by itzza427
George,,how come you are calling it quits?? These are something that I've been keeping on my wish list,,but it's going to be quite a while before the financial picture is clear enough to start playing with the vet!! I know the logistics are a P.I.A. for production of these babies,,but cant you revive them once or twice a year?? Ben following your electrical adventures for a couple years or so,,and have to say you never cease to amaze me with your imagination and creativity!!
My parents furniture store had a warehouse behind it they weren't using. They allowed me to rent it out so i could be on site to help with the furniture store and we could keep all the family tools in one general area.

After 13 years, the store is moving. The new location does not have a warehouse so i'm working out of my house at the moment. There's just not as much storage space to do the enormous product GPs I've been doing. I decided to give you guys that have been holding out one more chance to get the pop up coolest headlights available for the C5 before I move on to other smaller products.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

bump
Old 05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
The Dark Knight
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itzza427
Don't have the extra money yet, but these were high on my mod list too. Ugg.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:40 PM
chris723@ptd.net
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Ttt
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
JMG2
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,027 Likes on 542 Posts

ditto. These were a "must have" for me, just can't do it right now.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:09 PM
De_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

paypal sent

BTW That's my Yellow vert... I like the color right now but thought it would be cool to take advantage of the 4300k, I hope I made the right decision!

Last edited by De_Vette; 05-14-2010 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:39 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

bump
Old 05-15-2010, 10:00 PM
AntonioZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

i also had these on my to do list, but unfortunately I just can't get the funds for it. I appreciate all you've done and all the great products you've made. Hopefully, I might be able to pick up a set used in the future.

Goodluck to ya!
Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

just 3 more days
Old 05-21-2010, 01:22 AM
striper
Le Mans Master

Received 246 Likes on 215 Posts

I also had your lights on my to-do list but now is not the time for me to be able to. Hopefully the opportunity may arise in the future for you to be able to offer these lights again.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:54 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Last Call. GP will end at Midnight tonight
Old 05-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Vette-kid
Melting Slicks

Received 88 Likes on 58 Posts

Can I borrow $800??
Old 05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Vette-kid
Can I borrow $800??
you have credit card?

Get notified of new replies

To ***Light Cannon HID headlights: Last-Ever GP***

Old 05-24-2010, 10:11 AM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

LC 2.0 GP Update:

The list thus far looks like this. If you do not see your name please email me asap (radioflyer97@gmail.com)

“Shad” - 4300K halo
“torchredfrc” - 5000K Halo w/ 5K high beams
“vettezeke” - 6000K with 6K high and Fog
“Yamagacy” - 4300K
Old 06-03-2010, 05:41 PM
De_Vette
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12

didn't see my name but I assume that's because I only order upgrade?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
0TheRadioFlyer97
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by De_Vette
didn't see my name but I assume that's because I only order upgrade?
Correct.

Quick Reply: ***Light Cannon HID headlights: Last-Ever GP***