Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 vs C5 Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:36 AM
C5XTASY
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ignatkor
What minor mods are these if you don't mind me asking? one would need more then just minor boltons to gain around 60whp
And, actually, more like 70-80rwhp over a stock machine. Time for the flag. :
Ed
Old 09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Mark C5
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10

Originally Posted by cmyc5andlose
Im putting down 386 at the wheels with minor bolt ons
I too am curious about these minor bolt ons. I have all the bolt ons, LT headers, high flow cats and X-pipe, B&B Bullets, LS6 ported intake, ported and polished throttle body, SVO 30 injectors, RMI CAI, dyno and street tune and only have 350 RWHP. And this was a lot more than the $2000 you say you spent.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 PM
Wickd1
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
You can easily mod a Coupe to match or exceed the performance of a Z.

You can not easily take the top of a Z.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:41 AM
bikeriderga
Melting Slicks

Received 196 Likes on 159 Posts

Own both and you would not have to ask the question.

Any Vette is beautiful, as are all mint C5s. The coupes are nice cross between FRC and drop tops.

The C5 actually brought the Vette back to a true performance car in it's day. 345 HP just shy of 3300 pounds brought back the 0-60 5 second plus times and 13s in quarter. Plus they handled very well and road wise they were much better than their predecessors. They also sported head turning lines and roomy cockpits.

However, any base coupe or vert is a far cry from a Z06. With the Z06 Chevy introduced a true super car. With 0-60 4 second times and quarter mile times in the low 12s, it rivaled all of the exotics that cost 2-8 times more.

Even with the old goodyear super eagles, the Z was capable of .92 gs. With modern Michelin pilots, you can get over 1G on the track with the Z06. You are gonna have to shell out some bucks for a base coupe to come close to this level of performance. Heads, headers, and Cams can get you equal or better quarter times, but you will still be passed on the track. Figure about 10 plus grand to get a coupe up to overall Z06 levels. You can do it, but it will cost you more than the extra cash to get a Z06 to begin with.

That doesn't mean the coupes andd verts do not their purpose and appeal. They do. They will not or handle as well as the Z06, nor will they have the same power, but that is not what everyone is interested in.

I loved my coupe, but I adore my Z06. Would I be willing to go back to a coupe? No way.. There is simply that much of a difference to me.

If I could get true Z06 performance in a hatchback, that is what I would probably own. The C7 will make that a possibility. I did enjoy top off in my coupe, but not enough to trade the performance , handling, and ride of the Z06.

That is the opinion of one who has owned both.

Again, no disparaging the coupe or Vert.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:00 AM
vpshockwave
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bikeriderga
Own both and you would not have to ask the question.

Any Vette is beautiful, as are all mint C5s. The coupes are nice cross between FRC and drop tops.

The C5 actually brought the Vette back to a true performance car in it's day. 345 HP just shy of 3300 pounds brought back the 0-60 5 second plus times and 13s in quarter. Plus they handled very well and road wise they were much better than their predecessors. They also sported head turning lines and roomy cockpits.

However, any base coupe or vert is a far cry from a Z06. With the Z06 Chevy introduced a true super car. With 0-60 4 second times and quarter mile times in the low 12s, it rivaled all of the exotics that cost 2-8 times more.

Even with the old goodyear super eagles, the Z was capable of .92 gs. With modern Michelin pilots, you can get over 1G on the track with the Z06. You are gonna have to shell out some bucks for a base coupe to come close to this level of performance. Heads, headers, and Cams can get you equal or better quarter times, but you will still be passed on the track. Figure about 10 plus grand to get a coupe up to overall Z06 levels. You can do it, but it will cost you more than the extra cash to get a Z06 to begin with.

That doesn't mean the coupes andd verts do not their purpose and appeal. They do. They will not or handle as well as the Z06, nor will they have the same power, but that is not what everyone is interested in.

I loved my coupe, but I adore my Z06. Would I be willing to go back to a coupe? No way.. There is simply that much of a difference to me.

If I could get true Z06 performance in a hatchback, that is what I would probably own. The C7 will make that a possibility. I did enjoy top off in my coupe, but not enough to trade the performance , handling, and ride of the Z06.

That is the opinion of one who has owned both.

Again, no disparaging the coupe or Vert.
You do you realize that you're replying to a zombie thread don't you?

But nonetheless, love my Z06

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 vs C5 Coupe?