Sponsored by:

NXT Step exhaust installed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 07:51 PM
v03z06
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NXT Step exhaust installed.

Well after much procrastinating I finally ordered and installed my NXT exhaust. I absolutely love the sound this thing puts out and the double walled tips look phenomenal compared to the stock z06's. Overall, the fit of the exhaust does require a little more than a simple "bolt on" process.

The common complaint amongst the forum has been about the clamps provided. And those complaints do ring true. We had to do a little grinding to get them to fit the pipes the way they should. Also, they mis-tagged the elbows so the "left" pipe was actually the right one..and vice versa. After some wasted time trying to get them to fit we decided to just see for sh*ts and giggles if they were mis-labeled..and they were.

Other than that, wow..these things sound and look great. They are not obnoxiously loud, but def has a more muscle sound compared to some other exhausts. Only a little louder at idle than the stock ti's but you can definitely hear me coming when i put it under a load.

If anyone is on the fence about this exhaust I definitely recommend it..as long as your are ready to do some minor modifications to get a good install.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Turbopower87
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great, how about some sound clips
Old 10-23-2010, 07:58 PM
v03z06
Pro

Originally Posted by Turbopower87
Looks great, how about some sound clips
Will provide some tomorrow
Old 10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Z06Electron
Safety Car

I have a set on my Z and my Vert. Love the system. Your passenger side looks to be too far to the outside of the car. I think you may need to center it more on the fascia. My install job went much better at a whopping hour than the professional I paid $250 to install on my Z06. I say changing the clamps is a must and also when your driver's side ends up higher than your passenger side your first inclination will be to lower the driver's side down. After I did this like ten times I figured out that raising the passenger side will actually stay put. It has something to do with how it twists under the motor when floored.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:27 PM
v03z06
Pro

Yeah I had to make a few adjustments after the pic was taken. the passenger side was actually sticking out about 2-3 inches more than the drivers side too lol

Get notified of new replies

To NXT Step exhaust installed.

Quick Reply: NXT Step exhaust installed.