Sponsored by:

Corvette Big 3 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:47 PM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Corvette Big 3 Upgrade

I've been into car audio for a long time now and have done this wiring upgrade to all my other vehicles. For those that aren't familiar with it here's a link to an explanation.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Big-3-...ade&id=1411196

Basically, it adds large guage wire to take over for the often too small factory junk. As these cars are sooooo power hungry I figured it was a no brainer. So far just idling in my garage I have already noticed a .4-5 increase. The weather sucks outside so I couldn't take it for a spin but I'm happy. Here's a few pix for you guys.

Here's the wire size diff. The far left is the factory, next is the 4 guage, then the 0/1 guage.

This is how it looked before :

And after:

So in the above pic, the two 0/1 grounds (black) go to the chassis ground right below the battery tray, and to the supercharger bracket. The red 0/1 goes to the alternator, and the red 4 guage goes to the fuse box.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM
luc719
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!

Originally Posted by trayack
I've been into car audio for a long time now and have done this wiring upgrade to all my other vehicles. For those that aren't familiar with it here's a link to an explanation.

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Big-3-...ade&id=1411196

Basically, it adds large guage wire to take over for the often too small factory junk. As these cars are sooooo power hungry I figured it was a no brainer. So far just idling in my garage I have already noticed a .4-5 increase. The weather sucks outside so I couldn't take it for a spin but I'm happy. Here's a few pix for you guys.

Here's the wire size diff. The far left is the factory, next is the 4 guage, then the 0/1 guage.

This is how it looked before :

And after:

So in the above pic, the two 0/1 grounds (black) go to the chassis ground right below the battery tray, and to the supercharger bracket. The red 0/1 goes to the alternator, and the red 4 guage goes to the fuse box.
Hi, i know this post is kinda old but i wanna do this to my car and i am confused. So i know the 2 grounds from the chasis and the block, i got that done, but when i went to do the power i noticed the wire from the alternator goes to the starter and then theres another wire going from the starter to the battery. Now do i put a 0/1 from the alternator to the starter and then another 0/1 from the starter to the battery or just a 0/1 frm the alternator straight to the battery? thanks!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:06 AM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Alt staight to the batt +. I also did a 4 guage from the batt + to the underhood fuse box. Sorry about the pix not showing up, I moved them around in my photobucket account.

Here you go:

I can get more if you want them.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Big 3 Upgrade

Quick Reply: Corvette Big 3 Upgrade