Sponsored by:

Anybody tow small trailer w/vette?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2022, 11:01 AM
JST834
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did you get that?

hi zippy. I’m looking to do exactly what you’re doing. Where did you get Your most recent trailer? Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by zipity
I use the Hidden Hitch model for the C5. I had it professionally installed at a truck/trailer store. They were taking pictures all day long of the Corvette in their shop. As long as you are under 1,000 pounds you will be fine. I have been doing it for years, going to and from the race tracks and then last year had some fun at a Toys For Tots event. The one you have in the Craig's List ad looks like a nice trailer too.
See the pictures below.

Toys For Tots Event By Kerbeck Corvette's in Atlantic City, NJ

My track trailer set up from last year

My new track trailer set up for this upcoming season.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:48 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Hey there, so the track trailer you see painted blue started life as a Harbor Freight trailer. I believe it was a 4x6 in size, it was not the folding one. From there it morphed into what you see here. I had the entire trailer reinforced at a local welders shop and had the tire cradle added to fit my oversized track tires. Then I added the diamond plate to the base, added to Job Box to it and of course had to have it painted the exact shade of LeMans Blue to match my car! I did add a larger tire and wheel to the trailer and even considered added a set of used C5 wheels, but then the width of the trailer would be too large to fit inside my shed where I store the trailer out of the weather.

I believe my hitch on the car is from Hidden Hitch and it is made for the C5 Corvette and had a local trailer shop do the install. It was a lot of fun watching them laugh as they installed it onto a Corvette and NOT a F150 pick up truck!

Quick Reply: Anybody tow small trailer w/vette?