Leo Centino
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default woow

Originally Posted by JuicedZ
love my aca lights
Great lights man .
Is there for c6 ??
if there is, can you link me up with the website?

-Leo
Old 06-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Toque
Tech Contributor

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

ACA HID Modification with Morimito FX-R 1.1 Projectors

55W HID Projectors...

Toque

Old 06-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The stock headlights on a C5 corvette are like a forum member stated, "A candle shinning through a glass jar of ****". How true, I couldn not believe how bad the light patterns are, how weak and how bad it was for night driving. I think they are just running lights and GM forgot to install real HEADLIGHTs. I didn't like to drive at night on winding roads because I couldn't see worth a dime. Change them out as soon as you can, you will be so happy..Good luck..

Dump them and get ACA headlights, night and day.. see below..

Last edited by Jesse Asis; 06-10-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,307 Likes on 13,978 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

The C5 headlights have taken a lot of criticism here on the forum - yes they certainly can be improved if you want to make the mods and spend the money. Mine are still stock and for me, I wouldn't mind having more light shining on the road. Perhaps some day I'll upgrade the stock system to get even more light.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:37 AM
homewrecker
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BenC5
All this HID, HIR, Silverstar-all NONSENSE!, and a total waste of money.

The OEM/Stock GM certified headlights more than light up the night, they light up your LIFE! Seriously, get a life already if you can't see with the worlds most powerful vacuum cleaner technology integrated seamlessly into the distinctive pop-up headlight of the 5th Generation Corvette.

Extensive windtunnel testing and hours were spent in a dark garage perfecting the lumen-enhancing light that emanates from the front of the 1997-2004 CORVETTE. The engineers had to tune things back to harness the wickedness of the light, so bright that special tuning rods had to be invented to adjust their ferocity.

See like you have never seen before. Fine tune the impressive spread of light using Chevrolet's, which stands for CanHearEveryValveRattleOnLongExtendedTri ps, patented "Golden Rods" which adjust on both the vertical AND horizontal planes for pinpoint light-precision.

No need to upgrade headlight bulbs. The 9006 and 9005 bulbs carve through the darkness, right through the plastic molded lenses to provide vision that generations of Corvette fans and enthusiasts alike (read, mostly older white guys that can afford the car) have grown to love as vision fails, less light is actually needed by the eye, hence the legions of Blue-Blocker eyeglass wearers seen all over the state of Florida.

So please, enough talk of Light Cannons, ACA's and anything else someone thinks they need but don't. The stock headlights are good, no, they are great.

Let us not forget or suffer the indignities of the dark. GM made sure to include special fog-eliminating 37.5 watts of halogen lightbulb in their acknowlegement of the need for high-performance drivers to have the best vision during what are arguably the most challenging of conditions.

"How good are they?", How dare you even f----n ask on our beloved Corvette-worship-forum. They are the best. You really have some nerve coming on here and even asking a question like that. Really, ask a better question and title your thread "Motor Oil", see you there.

Watch your step around here or I'll get in my car and drive to LaJolla and sit you down and turn on my high-beams, flash them right in your eyes, wreck your vision like it has never been wrecked before, then you'll learn. Let this be a warning.
For a moment I thought his Avatar morphed into a unicorn. This is the stuff of Legends.

Last edited by homewrecker; 06-11-2012 at 05:43 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Jesse Asis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update to the ACA verus HID ACA, I updated to ACA with the stock bulbs and I have the setup that can be updated to HID as well. Since the ACA with stock bulbs are 90% better than stock, I have no need to go to HIDs, now that is just me but the improvement over stock was night and day without going the HID step. Give it a try and if you want even more output, go for it with the HIDs. You may be surprised..
Old 06-12-2012, 08:42 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by TXTBOOK
Is there a known temporary solution that might involve the Toshiba HIR bulbs and a clear lens, without going all out with a true HID kit?
I'll do some more forum searches.
I have HID lows I bought on Ebay and Toshiba bulbs for the high beams so I can flash to pass.

Quick Reply: C5 Headlights - How good are they?