Originally Posted by Chilliwack vettes
Ordered!
Thanks!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:58 PM
stevegray04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '14

Since you offer a 55w bulb option, I assume that the higher wattage does not cause overheating in the stock housings. Do the photos on the first page of this thread show the 35w or the 55w bulbs?

Lots of members say this goes more easily from the top of the car. Hope that's the case. Is it easier with the headlights removed in terms of having enough access and working room? I saw one thread where the owner pivoted them down into the fascia.

Old 08-25-2013, 04:13 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by stevegray04
Since you offer a 55w bulb option, I assume that the higher wattage does not cause overheating in the stock housings. Do the photos on the first page of this thread show the 35w or the 55w bulbs?

Lots of members say this goes more easily from the top of the car. Hope that's the case. Is it easier with the headlights removed in terms of having enough access and working room? I saw one thread where the owner pivoted them down into the fascia.

Correct, no heat issues here
Old 08-25-2013, 04:34 PM
craig04c5
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have done it from the top and bottom. I have big hands/arms and going from the top left some blood from the tight quarters. I did the switchbacks from under removing the bottom panels. While it took a little less time going in from the top it was much easier from the bottom.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:27 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by craig04c5
I have done it from the top and bottom. I have big hands/arms and going from the top left some blood from the tight quarters. I did the switchbacks from under removing the bottom panels. While it took a little less time going in from the top it was much easier from the bottom.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:46 AM
stevegray04
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Glad there's no heating issue with the 55w bulbs. I'd still like to know if your demonstrations photo on the first page of this thread shows the 35w or the 55w bulbs. Thanks.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:48 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Glad there's no heating issue with the 55w bulbs. I'd still like to know if your demonstrations photo on the first page of this thread shows the 35w or the 55w bulbs. Thanks.
The last picture shows a side by side
Old 09-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Macleod52
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Will you guys offer a 5000k bulb? I prefer white light, not yellow or blue.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:17 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Macleod52
Will you guys offer a 5000k bulb? I prefer white light, not yellow or blue.
Sure, just note that in your comments section at checkout. thx!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:42 PM
stevegray04
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14
Default 35w or 55w?

For the fog light mod, CorvetteMods offers a "ballast upgrade" to 55w from the regular 35w.

For those of you who have done this mod, did you stay with the 35w or choose the 55w? I don't do much night driving on rural roads. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48 PM
stevegray04
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Ordered the kit with the 35w bulbs this afternoon.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:03 PM
stevegray04
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

I installed these last week, one side each over two days. After I removed the headlight shrouds and covers, I also removed the plastic piece on top of the light assembly for a bit more working room. Since I have long fingers and slim arms, access was fairly easy. I did not move the headlight assemblies out of the way, but people with larger arms might find it helpful to do that.

Removing the old bulb was simple, but getting the male/female connectors to mate was harder. It takes both hands to push them together and lots of effort because the gasket is quite thick. Having to use both hands in that area took away all visibility (hence the benefit of moving the headlight assemblies). The new connector (red) is marked "+" and "-" and the positive wire is purple on my '04, so it was not hard to get the polarity right. However, with the correct polarity, the retaining clips are on opposite sides, so they don't help to hold the connectors together. Might consider changing the configuration on the supplied connector so the clips are on the same side.

There is enough wire so that I did not have to use the extensions. The fewer connections, the better.

I mounted the ballasts out of the way and up high. Wonder of wonders, everything works. I'm glad I got the 35w bulbs; they put out plenty of light and I won't have any issues with heat or blown fuses.

This is a good product; just be ready for some contortions as you put everything together.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:43 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I installed these last week, one side each over two days. After I removed the headlight shrouds and covers, I also removed the plastic piece on top of the light assembly for a bit more working room. Since I have long fingers and slim arms, access was fairly easy. I did not move the headlight assemblies out of the way, but people with larger arms might find it helpful to do that.

Removing the old bulb was simple, but getting the male/female connectors to mate was harder. It takes both hands to push them together and lots of effort because the gasket is quite thick. Having to use both hands in that area took away all visibility (hence the benefit of moving the headlight assemblies). The new connector (red) is marked "+" and "-" and the positive wire is purple on my '04, so it was not hard to get the polarity right. However, with the correct polarity, the retaining clips are on opposite sides, so they don't help to hold the connectors together. Might consider changing the configuration on the supplied connector so the clips are on the same side.

There is enough wire so that I did not have to use the extensions. The fewer connections, the better.

I mounted the ballasts out of the way and up high. Wonder of wonders, everything works. I'm glad I got the 35w bulbs; they put out plenty of light and I won't have any issues with heat or blown fuses.

This is a good product; just be ready for some contortions as you put everything together.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:56 PM
Gl!tch
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep...did the complete front end redo with HID's and 55W ballasts-6000k bulbs. Completely white and bright! The fog lights even do really well from behind the race mesh. My only problem is that the Hi Beam HID's went out, so I will troubleshoot with a Multimeter and check fuses this weekend. The lo-beam and fog HID's are plenty bright for my early morning, dark-thirty drive to work. Put Switchback LED's on the front corners, and LED reverse lights. Everything from Corvettemods.

I did want to add that I couldn't get the fog light bulbls pressed in far enough to turn and lock. I looked and the stock lights had a thinner bushing at the base of the bulb so I just pulled them off and traded them out with the new ones and the bulbs went in fine. Don't know if that happens all the time, for it just may be an anomoly with my car.

Last edited by Gl!tch; 10-29-2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling/added fog light info
Old 10-29-2013, 03:51 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Gl!tch
Yep...did the complete front end redo with HID's and 55W ballasts-6000k bulbs. Completely white and bright! The fog lights even do really well from behind the race mesh. My only problem is that the Hi Beam HID's went out, so I will troubleshoot with a Multimeter and check fuses this weekend. The lo-beam and fog HID's are plenty bright for my early morning, dark-thirty drive to work. Put Switchback LED's on the front corners, and LED reverse lights. Everything from Corvettemods.

I did want to add that I couldn't get the fog light bulbls pressed in far enough to turn and lock. I looked and the stock lights had a thinner bushing at the base of the bulb so I just pulled them off and traded them out with the new ones and the bulbs went in fine. Don't know if that happens all the time, for it just may be an anomoly with my car.
Thanks for the review, let us know if you need any help troubleshooting, thx!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:41 PM
stevegray04
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Gl!tch
I had the same problem; the new supplied gasket is too thick for the new bulbs to push far enough into the socket to turn and lock. With the stock gaskets, the new bulbs went in with no problem and the fit is nice and snug.

Get notified of new replies

To NEW! Fog Light HID Kits **ON SALE $69.99**

Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I had the same problem; the new supplied gasket is too thick for the new bulbs to push far enough into the socket to turn and lock. With the stock gaskets, the new bulbs went in with no problem and the fit is nice and snug.
The old gaskets are pretty dried out so they are easier to push in. The new ones are silicone so they seal a bit more. Can be tough to turn at an odd angle though.
Old 11-13-2013, 09:13 AM
stevegray04
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
The old gaskets are pretty dried out so they are easier to push in. The new ones are silicone so they seal a bit more. Can be tough to turn at an odd angle though.
Even pushing them in head-on to the socket as hard as I could, I could not get the new gasket to compress far enough to turn the bulb.
Old 05-05-2015, 12:44 AM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Quick Reply: NEW! Fog Light HID Kits **ON SALE $69.99**