Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] c5 z06 weight reduction thread?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:59 AM
LSOHOLIC
Melting Slicks

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello Mr. Mountainbiker2, what rotors are you running in the pic above ?? And what's the weight difference from stock. O, and are the "streetable" ?? What other weight mods have you done that you would consider to be "for the street" ?? The wifey and I still go cruising on the weekends so I can't go to extreme. Thanks..
Old 04-30-2011, 11:46 AM
bullitt4110
Le Mans Master

Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by just inc
I also run a lightweight battery for daily use. Its a Deka ETX14 = 11.5lbs
I run the ext18 which is slightly heavier than your but a ton lighter than a regular battery with no ill effects so far.

Other than the battery I have also added fixed back manual seats, long tubes, and little things here and there. I'd like weigh mine at some point just out of curiosity.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:13 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LSOHOLIC
Hello Mr. Mountainbiker2, what rotors are you running in the pic above ?? And what's the weight difference from stock. O, and are the "streetable" ?? What other weight mods have you done that you would consider to be "for the street" ?? The wifey and I still go cruising on the weekends so I can't go to extreme. Thanks..
The rotors are from Performance AFX. You save 2 lbs. each on the front. 3 lbs. each off the rear with the emergency brake. I needed to file away some of the front caliper bracket to get them to fit. Very easy to do. They should work fine for the street.
http://shop.performanceafx.com/main.sc

No carpet= lots of noise and heat. Savings 35 lbs.

Lighter battery. Good choice. Keep a battery tender on it.

Lexan rear window. Really no draw back, but probably will scratch easy. Savings with 1/8" lexan. 9 lbs.

A/C ? About 25 lbs.

Radio and speakers. About 16 lbs.

Coilovers. Good choice. No drawback. Saves about 12 lbs.

Race seat. Good choice for racing. But hardly any weight savings. A few pounds. Factory seatbelt will be compromised, because of high sides.

ACP carbon hood. Tell them you want the lightest possible hood they can make. Savings 11 lbs.

Door panels. Looks ugly, but saves 6 lbs. each. When you want to race, you take out the side glass. Very easy to do. Saves 9 lbs. each side. When done racing, put back the glass.

Run very little gas.

Steve A.

Quick Reply: [Z06] c5 z06 weight reduction thread?