Sponsored by:

C5 Corvette Projector Headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 05:06 PM
StealthStrike42
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
They are the OEM Halogen high beams. At least when I bought the HID's from Radio Flyer the highs were NOT HID's and to the best of my knowledge he did not offer any upgrade to HID for the high beams.

I cannot speak to what his current offering has for high beams.
Thanks for your input 8Vette, you rock
Old 05-06-2016, 05:15 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Received 630 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthStrike42
Looks great! Only thing so far I'm not really digging are the high beams, those still look like normal halogens, is that correct? I think someone mentioned earlier in this thread, maybe a different one, it's better to have halogens for high beams though because they are typically only used for flashing and that can be bad for HID's I guess. o_O

So you say /show yours turn on a halo when the parking lights are on, but Radioflyer has said their kit does not have the halo effect. Is there a way to add that on to the kit?
Our current setup has LED bulbs in the high beam position. They are not as powerful as halogens, but are instant-on and color match the HID as well. Most of the high beam output comes from the projector anyway.

High beams (off axis)

High beams (head on)

George,

Those ARE your lights. I bought them from you several years back and just last year purchased some replacement HID bulbs from you..........

The current version of the ACA headlights we sell does not have halos. We did sell some of the Chinese version in 2012-2013 but once we found they had as many problems as they did, we stopped carrying them.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:23 PM
StealthStrike42
Instructor

Thanks for the reply, Radio. Those pics look great! I'm a little thrown off though, the low beams Look a little yellow compared to the high beams and the DRL's. Is that just me? They don't look like they match
Old 05-06-2016, 05:28 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Nice to know that I have a product that has lots of problems after the fact...........
If they are working now, it means we fixed most of the problems ahead of schedule. If it isn't broke, don't worry about.

Thanks for the reply, Radio. Those pics look great! I'm a little thrown off though, the low beams Look a little yellow compared to the high beams and the DRL's. Is that just me? They don't look like they match
They are a little off, but not nearly as much of a difference as the halogen to the HID. The LED bulbs we use now are a little closer to the HID color.
Old 05-06-2016, 05:32 PM
StealthStrike42
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
If they are working now, it means we fixed most of the problems ahead of schedule. If it isn't broke, don't worry about.

They are a little off, but not nearly as much of a difference as the halogen to the HID. The LED bulbs we use now are a little closer to the HID color.

Anyway to opt for whiter low beams at the time of purchase so they match the high LED's and DRL's?
Old 05-06-2016, 08:00 PM
TheRadioFlyer
Supporting Vendor

Anyway to opt for whiter low beams at the time of purchase so they match the high LED's and DRL's?
The HID bulbs in the photo are 5000K (pure white) A few things need to be taken into account to explain the perceived color:

1) Burn in time: These are brand new bulbs. Over the next ~10 hours of run time, they will color-shift towards the blue side of the spectrum. After a few nights of driving, they will be their correct color.

2) The LED high beams are about 6000K color temp making the HID bulbs appear more yellow by comparison. The LED bulbs we use now are about 5000 and are a closer color match.
Old 05-07-2016, 02:19 AM
StealthStrike42
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheRadioFlyer
The HID bulbs in the photo are 5000K (pure white) A few things need to be taken into account to explain the perceived color:

1) Burn in time: These are brand new bulbs. Over the next ~10 hours of run time, they will color-shift towards the blue side of the spectrum. After a few nights of driving, they will be their correct color.

2) The LED high beams are about 6000K color temp making the HID bulbs appear more yellow by comparison. The LED bulbs we use now are about 5000 and are a closer color match.
Great to know! Thanks!

Quick Reply: C5 Corvette Projector Headlights...