Worth 5-6hours drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...16367362&Log=0

It's only like 150 miles from me. Nice !!! Should be able to get this for $17,500 and it's a 2003

that one does look good, and it's navy...
Old 03-08-2012, 03:11 AM
Mecinoid
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn999
I've had dreams about it! Honestly no joke lol. That's part of what makes me so anxious and dying to get it. I originally wanted a ws6, I LOVE the front ends they just look so ****ing mean. But I always liked the c5 aswell just thought it was outta my price range until I discovered the secret they they're amazingly affordable.
From a Firebird and Vette owner... Get the Vette if you can swing it.

I love my supercharged Bird ... But, I wish I had that supercharger on my Vette with the Magnetic ride and Comp Mode the Vette is the best of both worlds. However, I'm not sure I'd put a SC on the Vette as it's such a nice Grand Touring Sports Car that with the top off cruisin' at the beach it would be more racy than a comfortable top off sport car at that point. Those SC's whine pretty good even at idle.
At the Friday Night Drags I can never convince anyone that it's a bad fan belt. ;-)
My wife has already forbid me from SCing the Vette as she doesn't want me to mess up a good thing. For all out coastline (HWY 1) racing the Bird is the ticket... Hum maybe I shouldn't say it that way.

Here's a couple pictures for U:

Last edited by Mecinoid; 03-08-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Johnn999
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...16367362&Log=0

It's only like 150 miles from me. Nice !!! Should be able to get this for $17,500 and it's a 2003

that one does look good, and it's navy...
The add says 01? It does look nice though. Yea I was looking at the black one near stl. Only reason I wasn't looking much into 03-04 is the fuel tank issue. If it's an 01 though I will def look into it. Do you know if it has mods or anything?

I don't mind black either, like blue more, but the black one also has mods that would save me a fortune. Although he said the throwout bearing makes noise. That being said, I did a little quick reading and that's a common noise with the spec clutch? But he has a new one anyways.

What do ya think would be the better option tho, that blue one or the black 01 from the forum. That blue one is about 22hours away from me =/ the black one is only 7 hours.

Also im sure I can swing the vette, if I have to have a cosigner I will I just really didn't want one because not many I can trust. That firebird is real nice, only problem if I ended up supercharging the vette is there aint **** to race around here. And it will probably never be as thrilling as my bike, zx10r.

Last edited by Johnn999; 03-08-2012 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:00 AM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

The add says 01? It does look nice though. Yea I was looking at the black one near stl. Only reason I wasn't looking much into 03-04 is the fuel tank issue. If it's an 01 though I will def look into it. Do you know if it has mods or anything?

I don't mind black either, like blue more, but the black one also has mods that would save me a fortune. Although he said the throwout bearing makes noise. That being said, I did a little quick reading and that's a common noise with the spec clutch? But he has a new one anyway.
What do ya think would be the better option tho, that blue one or the black 01 from the forum. That blue one is about 22hours away from me =/ the black one is only 7 hours.
I prefer the less modified one in the color you really want. I see it's in Sparks, Nevada, where our beloved MR. BILL is from. Maybe he can look at it for you.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Johnn999
Instructor

Well it seems I cant get a loan anywhere but one bank, with crazy stipulations, and nobody will/can cosign for me, my grandpa said he would next month or so, so ill probably wait until then. The one bank that would gut bent outta shape when they found out the car was outta town, even though I gave them the guys address, and he isn't replying to my texts and its a pita cause he has a loan on the vehicle too. So maybe next month ill be able to find one that I can go get and come back within a day because I can't get time off work anymore.
Old 03-15-2012, 05:21 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Well it seems I cant get a loan anywhere but one bank, with crazy stipulations, and nobody will/can cosign for me, my grandpa said he would next month or so, so ill probably wait until then. The one bank that would gut bent outta shape when they found out the car was outta town, even though I gave them the guys address, and he isn't replying to my texts and its a pita cause he has a loan on the vehicle too. So maybe next month ill be able to find one that I can go get and come back within a day because I can't get time off work anymore.
Ok, sometimes things work out that way bud. Now RELAX, save more cash, and keep looking!!
Old 03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Johnn999
Instructor

Yea theres a twin turbo c5 here that I want but its 24k and I ain't got enough to pay it down to book so I can get a loan on it lol. http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/2867646728.html But ohwell hopefully next month I can find something and my grandpa can cosign! He tried selling me on a older trans am, like 80's cause he has one haha. But that def aint gunna happen when I can get a c5!
Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Oldtimer

Yea theres a twin turbo c5 here that I want but its 24k and I ain't got enough to pay it down to book so I can get a loan on it lol. http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/2867646728.html But ohwell hopefully next month I can find something and my grandpa can cosign! He tried selling me on a older trans am, like 80's cause he has one haha. But that def aint gunna happen when I can get a c5!
I like those TransAms too, but after driving the C5 it was all over!!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Mecinoid
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
I like those TransAms too, but after driving the C5 it was all over!!
I agree. The C5 is more nimble and is simply a better chassis. Now, my next trick is turning the TransAm into a Corvette ZR1 with a little cash.
About $75K... It might be a while but it's really the last trick for me.

Until then the TransAm / Formula Firebird is great because it takes care of the need for speed and I can beat on her without worrying about distroying something really nice.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:11 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by XPLOSYV
high miles & high price...hard to say but if they won't come down, i say no go...
Too many newer and lower mileage c5's around for not too much more money

Quick Reply: Worth 5-6hours drive?