Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review of Corvettemods HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 08:10 AM
Phanni
Le Mans Master

Received 1,731 Likes on 847 Posts

I have had very good service from these guy.
I've installed HIDs from them, on both my C-5s with no difficulty.
This week I upgraded one of my cars to their HID friendly headlight housings. I did have a bit of a problem with one bulb fitting, but with a bit of ingenuity and effort it was fine.

About a year ago I had one HID light quit working, and they sent me a new one ( $20 deposit awaiting return of bad bulb) Send them the broken parts and the $20 gets refunded.

I understand everyone had a different take on vendors, I have no problem with these guys.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:25 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

I ordered the backup LED lights from them and am happy with them, but I never got an email with the tracking shipping info and after about 3-4 days I contacted them and I was a little short with them and the person I was communicating with actuall told me I "should shop somewhere else next time since I couldn't be satisfied". I have never been invited to shop elsewhere by a business but it happened. They said they sent an email with tracking number but I never got it and who knows what happens with electronic mail. No big deal but I was shocked to be invited to shop somewhere else.
Old 12-26-2014, 09:43 AM
norcalace
Burning Brakes

Received 234 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by corvettemods1
Thanks for the reviews guys

We are the only vendor offering a lifetime warranty. If you need help we offer it free of charge. It is a plug and play kit meaning no cutting, splicing or permanent modification.

When the supplied instructions are followed the kit works flawlessly. If anything goes out we replace it. That's standing behind a product

Since everyone has a different level of skill we can't guarantee that you may not need to call upon an installer for assistance but that is a given with any item that is purchased.
I would welcome a public response to the not so flowery reviews you posted in quotes.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:53 AM
1Willy1
Melting Slicks

Received 381 Likes on 278 Posts

Hey HZZ, thanks for the reviews.

What part of Toronto are you in buddy ?
Old 12-26-2014, 03:12 PM
chiapet
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, here is the latest...

C.Lunn - Of the bag of 7 LED lights this is where they seem to go:
2 - License plate lights
2 - Trunk
2 - Foot wells
1 - Glove box

The add I purchased off of also mentioned the rear view mirror lights and side marker lights (not sure about where those would be), which I did not receive and have reached out (once again) to Corvette Mods.

As a side note: I had to tweak one of the lights since it would not light up - there appeared to be a QA issue with one of the metal contact wires. It is fixed now. The lights seem to be doing the job decent enough - they are definitely a nice bright white color temperature.

As for the Carbon Fiber overlays for the A-Pillars and the low beam HIDs: The response was pretty straight forward, I hesitate to say kind of "curt". Not that I want or need anyone to kiss my bottom for doing business with them, but I did just drop a little over $600 with them on various parts. I do expect some general courtesy. Like I said, it was not overly rude, just not what I would expect when you contact a company and you are having trouble with their product. Maybe I am just spoiled by the fact that the companies I typically do business with are very customer centric.

For the carbon fiber - basically nothing they can do and I am welcome to send them back, which is not worth the trouble over $40.00.

For the HIDs, I am supposed to reverse the connection so that it does not lock in with the clip, which makes me wonder why they did not simply reverse the wires on the plug in the first place???? They never addressed the fact that I had to file down all 3 tabbed sides of the bulb mounts. I will try reversing the plug, but am a bit concerned that by doing it that way it will not lock in place as it is supposed to. We'll see.

I still have 4 more items coming from them including an air intake, embroidered matts, sun shade & reverse light LEDs - my fingers are crossed at this point.
Old 12-26-2014, 03:27 PM
0corvettemods1
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by chiapet
OK, here is the latest...

C.Lunn - Of the bag of 7 LED lights this is where they seem to go:
2 - License plate lights
2 - Trunk
2 - Foot wells
1 - Glove box

The add I purchased off of also mentioned the rear view mirror lights and side marker lights (not sure about where those would be), which I did not receive and have reached out (once again) to Corvette Mods.

As a side note: I had to tweak one of the lights since it would not light up - there appeared to be a QA issue with one of the metal contact wires. It is fixed now. The lights seem to be doing the job decent enough - they are definitely a nice bright white color temperature.

As for the Carbon Fiber overlays for the A-Pillars and the low beam HIDs: The response was pretty straight forward, I hesitate to say kind of "curt". Not that I want or need anyone to kiss my bottom for doing business with them, but I did just drop a little over $600 with them on various parts. I do expect some general courtesy. Like I said, it was not overly rude, just not what I would expect when you contact a company and you are having trouble with their product. Maybe I am just spoiled by the fact that the companies I typically do business with are very customer centric.

For the carbon fiber - basically nothing they can do and I am welcome to send them back, which is not worth the trouble over $40.00.

For the HIDs, I am supposed to reverse the connection so that it does not lock in with the clip, which makes me wonder why they did not simply reverse the wires on the plug in the first place???? They never addressed the fact that I had to file down all 3 tabbed sides of the bulb mounts. I will try reversing the plug, but am a bit concerned that by doing it that way it will not lock in place as it is supposed to. We'll see.

I still have 4 more items coming from them including an air intake, embroidered matts, sun shade & reverse light LEDs - my fingers are crossed at this point.

Mike,

What is rude about the response captured below? We answered your questions, and advised that this was all outlined in the install guide that you did receive. The kit is not wired incorrectly, they are universal ballasts that need to be mated to your particular harness. As for the bulbs needing to be filed down, we have never experienced that issue. They are stock 9006 bulb molds, but if they are a bit off from mfg I apologize for that and we could have replaced it prior to the modification taking place on your end.

We attempted to resolve your issues during your first contact with us on a day that most businesses are closed, yet you continue to make assumptions on behalf of our organization that are not based on any real factual issues or experiences. We have a 100% money back guarantee, so if you feel what you received was not as described, by all means send it back. Please do not continue to post information that is not accurate on the board which appears to be done in haste at this point.

Here was our email to you this AM:

"Mike

Your bulbs are not firing because your polarity is reversed. There is a section on the instruction sheet regarding that. You aren't required to use the components in the install kit, they are optional for customers using alternate installation methods. To correct this, disconnect your cars harness from the ballast, turn 180 degrees and re-connect.

As for the a-pillars, we apologize if they don't meet your requirements. They are cut by a machine so we don't have a way of making an adjustment. If you would like to send those back, please let us know so we can set up an RMA. If you ordered them from ebay you will need to set it up on your end through them.

Regards"
Old 12-26-2014, 04:01 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by hzz
I am in the process of installing HID low beam and fog lights that I bought from Corvettemods.

Low beams- Here the connectors fit...the low beam light connector has the spades further apart.
Are you putting HID bulbs in your C5's standard headlight units, complete with lousy beam pattern?

Hope not. HID's need optics designed for them, otherwise you will have light everywhere - not good, and not good for oncoming drivers.
Old 12-26-2014, 04:04 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by jackthelad
Are you putting HID bulbs in your C5's standard headlight units, complete with lousy beam pattern?

Hope not. HID's need optics designed for them, otherwise you will have light everywhere - not good, and not good for oncoming drivers.
I agree....
Old 12-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Quick Reply: Review of Corvettemods HID Kit