Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heater and A/C issue. Won't change vents.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM
NH_Z06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater and A/C issue. Won't change vents.

I was driving in hot weather a few days ago and I turned the A/C on. I always leave it automatic and turned the temp down to 60 deg. I noticed the air was not coming out of the vents on the dash like it normally would. It seemend to be coming from all vents. The front defroster vent, the floor vents and to some degree the vents on the dash. I manually changed the settings on the controls to front defrost, then to floor and then to vents. It didnt seem to make any difference. The air that is coming out is cold.

I think it could be the diverter flap in the heater A/C system stuck or not being moved.

Does anyone have any idea of what the likley problem could be. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot and fix it?

Any info is appreciated!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:25 PM
RedSoxFan
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I had a similar problem, it was the vacuum line, comes from the back of the manifold and feeds through the firewall along with a clump of wires on the passenger side firewall. The line can get brittle and crack. I know there are pics of it somewhere on this forum, a search should find it. Good luck with the repair, I had a dealer fix mine for a couple hundred bucks, money well spent.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Irish Whiskey
Melting Slicks

This can be several things...start with the line that runs from the intake manifold...I replaced mine from intake manifold down to where it joins with vacuum tank and branches out to the underdash heater/ac unit...
I unbolted the right front fender and got the access I needed...I ended unplugging all the lines, checking the vacuum and reattaching them...all was well after that....sometimes it can involve stuff up under the dash...I hope that is not the case...there are some excellent DIY threads on all of this...look in the DiY section at the top...if/when you take off the intake manifold learn the bolt tightening pattern and torque (IN INCHes!!!)...it isn't hard, just be careful....
Old 05-15-2012, 08:01 PM
NH_Z06
Instructor

I am going to replace the line from the back of the manifold to the check valve under the battery like you suggested. I looked in the DIY section as suggested and found just what I needed. I am going to get some rubber vac line and get to replacing.

My car also had a P0410 code for a secondary air injection system fault. I bet this will fix that as well.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it!

Greg

Get notified of new replies

To Heater and A/C issue. Won't change vents.

Quick Reply: Heater and A/C issue. Won't change vents.