BCM Issues/Battery cables

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
thedudeman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BCM Issues/Battery cables

Hey guys,

I'm still having some issues with the "Pull Key Wait 10 Seconds"/"Service Column Lock" messages on startup. Here's what been done:

99 corvette
-GM recall for service column lock
-new battery
-redid the grounds
-cleared the DIC codes

It drove great for several hundred miles. After a rainstorm last week, I went to start it up again and I got the "Pull key wait 10 seconds" message again in conjunction with a clicking sound from the passenger footwell and all the lights in the car going on and off. It also seems to activate the power seat on the driver side and turn on the Heater for some reason. Anyway, obviously electrical issue of some kind. I can get around it by pulling BCM fuse 23, waiting a minute, and replacing it. It will let me drive the car at least (otherwise it dies once it hits 1.5mph of course since the car thinks it's being stolen, thank you so much GM recall!). I believe there may be some relation with the rain and the issue. However, I didn't see any moisture in the passenger footwell area with the BCM/fusebox. The battery cables are old though and I know how sensitive these cars are on voltage. I also ran diagnostics and got the following C (current) codes:

B0503 RH DRL Relay Circuit
B0508 LH DRL Relay Circuit
C2120 TPM System Malfunction (No Sensors Received) (this code is coming up because there are no tire pressure monitor sensors in the tires at the moment)

1) Have you replaced your battery cables with aftermarket cables or do these cars require cables from the dealer? I'm not sure if it matters.

2) For the BCM codes, which relays are they for? Should they be replaced or should other action be taken based on the symptoms?

Thanks for your help everyone! Have a great labor day weekend!

Quick Reply: BCM Issues/Battery cables