Sponsored by:

Performance part suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Speedaholic89
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance part suggestions

This is my first post so I may not be giving all the information someone would need to give a good answer but here it goes. So I was getting a misfire on a cylinder for my 04 base corvette. After replacing ignition pack, plug, fuel injector and plug wire engine still had miss fire. Checked compression on the cylinder and it's about 60 pounds less than the rest. Also there is a suck back on the one side of the tail pipes. So the thought is the exhaust valve isn't sealing. Since I need to rip out so much to get to it and replace/machine. What would be the best bang for my buck upgrades for the break down? Money is an object probably couldn't spend more than. 1500 in upgrades through the break down of the components. Thanks for any advice you can give.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM
AC54ME
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9 Veteran
CI-VI Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Heads, cam.

Since you are doing it yourself the price should fit (depends on who you purchase parts from - I like Linginfelter 21st Century MC, sponsor here on the Forum).

As a recommendation, even though this will run above your budget - do the headers, and if possible the exhaust at the same time - you already will have done the removal of the headers, so the labor is already accounted for.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Mr.Bill
Race Director

Location: Reno is so close to Hell you can see Sparks , State Of Confusion
Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Heads and cam for sure, But first you need to make sure the piston and rings are ok.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance part suggestions

Quick Reply: Performance part suggestions