Sponsored by:

My 2001 Corvette progress update

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Abnmarine
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by James2002z06
Next year when you take your next vacation come on down to Texas so I can put you to work ....lol
Sounds like a plan. I love Texas!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 PM
James2002z06
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Abnmarine
Sounds like a plan. I love Texas!
Well come ill take you Bass fishing , great job on the Vette
Old 01-12-2013, 10:49 PM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 222 Likes on 154 Posts

great lookin ride, congrats on the mods
Old 01-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Slammedc5..
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work! I wish I could have kept the car. I've been hard at work on my c6 too. I'm going to install the same cam kit in my c6 as I did in that car. Only took me about 3 1/2 days on jack stands. When I first got that car the paint and interior were in great shape, that's why I started on the clutch and motor first. I'm glad the car is in good hands. We have 4 cars already and my c6 z51, so I just could t keep her. I beat some high horsepower cars in that c5. It's seen 175 mph twice. I think I told you that already. Did you take the car to Bodie? It actually made 416 up at the wheels the last time after installing the 42 lb Racertronic injectors. I just can't find that dyno sheet, I could only find the one I gave you. Next Friday night there's a cruise at pearl ridge mall. Would be nice to take a couple pics of the c5 next to the c6. Would make an awesome pic. I was able to slam my c6 down like I did that c5, because the c6 ride is awesome from stock. Do you still have the borlas? Nice job again bro.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Abnmarine
Instructor

Originally Posted by Slammedc5..
Nice work! I wish I could have kept the car. I've been hard at work on my c6 too. I'm going to install the same cam kit in my c6 as I did in that car. Only took me about 3 1/2 days on jack stands. When I first got that car the paint and interior were in great shape, that's why I started on the clutch and motor first. I'm glad the car is in good hands. We have 4 cars already and my c6 z51, so I just could t keep her. I beat some high horsepower cars in that c5. It's seen 175 mph twice. I think I told you that already. Did you take the car to Bodie? It actually made 416 up at the wheels the last time after installing the 42 lb Racertronic injectors. I just can't find that dyno sheet, I could only find the one I gave you. Next Friday night there's a cruise at pearl ridge mall. Would be nice to take a couple pics of the c5 next to the c6. Would make an awesome pic. I was able to slam my c6 down like I did that c5, because the c6 ride is awesome from stock. Do you still have the borlas? Nice job again bro.
Text me the meet time for the cruise night. I should be able to attend. I'll see BSM in a few months to tweak the tune some more. Not in a rush for it right now.

Sold the Borlas a few days after I bought the car. I'm looking forward to installing the C6 shocks and sways. That will tighten up the handling for sure.

The car is solid now. I'm very happy with owning it.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:24 PM
Abnmarine
Instructor

Today I installed the C6 Z06 shocks, C6 Z51 swaybars and metal end links. Huge improvement over the stock swaybars and Bilistins. Car rides smoother and doesn't lean in the curves. It's a very solid setup.

Here are some comparison photos of the swaybars to the stock ones.

Front bars

Rear bars

I also changed the transmission, rear axle with Redline synthetic fluids. Did the anti venom mod for the shifter detent. Nice improvement there. The old tranny fluid was pretty dirty and due for a change.

Changed the engine oil with Mobile 1 synthetic and a Wix filter. She is almost done. Just need for the USPS to deliver the Z06 Ti exhaust.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM
Abnmarine
Instructor

Added a Hurst shift **** and got it all together. Here is a complete picture.

Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

Nice work for sure

Peace
Chip

Quick Reply: My 2001 Corvette progress update