Notices
C5 General General C5 Corvette and C5 Z06 Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
... But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.Women and lawyers.
Make that three! Don't forget the "system". It will always side with the female.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:11 PM
JerzeyJoe
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5/31/13 we'll be celebrating 10 years of marriage. We never had a fight, LOL.

Man I feel for you. I have some friends that go through he same thing with the ex's.

I have 2 kids and adore them. Would I marry today? Don't think so. Not after hearing and seeing some divorce stories. I'm just blessed to have married a understanding woman. BUT NOWAY I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!! 1 shot deal for me.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
Ona mission
Racer

St. Jude Donor '14

Divorce does sux so my condolences to all that have had one especially those that are in, or contemplating one. Adversarial ones are the worst where one side or the other use money,the court system or family/friend/the kids to punish their ex. The hate goes on for years, pointless.

Yes, my ex hates me having a 04 MYcoupe probably more then the new wife. I think she contemplated taking me back to court and then found out she didn't have a leg to stand on.( She got a favorable but fair settlement the first time around) Decided to get some payback through family relations.

I waited till the kids were adults and still tried to change the course of my 25 year relationship but she just wanted to be angry, and that's the way she was from virtually the first year. I made all the classic husband mistakes, so i had my part in it also, but that's no way to live a life.

Ironically the Corvette issue had a small part (very small part) of the downward spiral of my marriage and eventually separation from my children s mom. Probably in my mid-forties I was just day dreaming and mentioned that I would like to have a Corvette at some, vague point in my older years. You would have thought that I said something about getting a girlfriend or at least a threesome. A cold hard stare, and a flat denial. The same story when I talked about going to Hawaii (with her) or the southwest desert. (to hot)

After a respectable three additional years for my ex to reconsider ,I meet a wonderful lady (age appropriate) whom wants to explore, has a better income then mine and fully supported my desire to own a piece of American motor car history. Marriage is a great institution and should be one to a customer, but frequently isn't.

Dinning alone is a real downer, and the best life is one that you share. They put two seats in these great cars for a reason.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 AM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

62 years old, never been married (but I was proposed to by several hotties back in the day).

Almost took the fall in 1991 - damn close call - that was truly a near miss. If that girlfriend of over 2 years had said "Lets' go to Las Vegas tonight", I think I would have done it in a minute! In every case, I see what my ex-girlfriends married and the Hell those guys have been put through and just thank God every day that I am a Eunuch.

I have been nookie-free for over 22 years now and proud of it. I have a C5 instead and the best part is when it breaks down, I can get parts! Also, on those occasions when my C5 "does" appear to lose its mind, all I have to do is reset the DIC, not chop it off!

Last edited by Choreo; 05-11-2013 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 AM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by JerzeyJoe
5/31/13 we'll be celebrating 10 years of marriage. We never had a fight, LOL.

Man I feel for you. I have some friends that go through he same thing with the ex's.

I have 2 kids and adore them. Would I marry today? Don't think so. Not after hearing and seeing some divorce stories. I'm just blessed to have married a understanding woman. BUT NOWAY I WOULD DO IT AGAIN!! 1 shot deal for me.
Must have been a great day to get married. I was married on the same day and we have never had a fight in 10 years. We don't always agree, but its always civil. This is my 2nd go round, 24 years the first time and fought all the time.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 AM
Suthunman
Safety Car

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Originally Posted by Ona mission
Divorce does sux so my condolences to all that have had one especially those that are in, or contemplating one. Adversarial ones are the worst where one side or the other use money,the court system or family/friend/the kids to punish their ex. The hate goes on for years, pointless.

Yes, my ex hates me having a 04 MYcoupe probably more then the new wife. I think she contemplated taking me back to court and then found out she didn't have a leg to stand on.( She got a favorable but fair settlement the first time around) Decided to get some payback through family relations.

I waited till the kids were adults and still tried to change the course of my 25 year relationship but she just wanted to be angry, and that's the way she was from virtually the first year. I made all the classic husband mistakes, so i had my part in it also, but that's no way to live a life.

Ironically the Corvette issue had a small part (very small part) of the downward spiral of my marriage and eventually separation from my children s mom. Probably in my mid-forties I was just day dreaming and mentioned that I would like to have a Corvette at some, vague point in my older years. You would have thought that I said something about getting a girlfriend or at least a threesome. A cold hard stare, and a flat denial. The same story when I talked about going to Hawaii (with her) or the southwest desert. (to hot)

After a respectable three additional years for my ex to reconsider ,I meet a wonderful lady (age appropriate) whom wants to explore, has a better income then mine and fully supported my desire to own a piece of American motor car history. Marriage is a great institution and should be one to a customer, but frequently isn't.

Dinning alone is a real downer, and the best life is one that you share. They put two seats in these great cars for a reason.
Wow........you almost told my story. Just a few minor details different. You are so right about dining alone.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM
540i 6spd
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

To the OP: Good luck and keep your head high!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:16 AM
FLZapped
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PeterB.
I asked the Judge if I could go since I was late for work.

So what did he finally rule, or did she actually withdraw her motion?
Old 05-11-2013, 09:25 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
I'll never understand why women think they have to have every right of a man, and still try to take what belongs to us when it has nothing to do with them, in cases like this.

Hopefully when they realize it's a 12 year old financed car they will get some sense about themselves. But we are dealing with two of the most unstable creatures on the planet.

Women and lawyers.
:hide :
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM
PeterB
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

"Strike from the call" FLZapped not sure what that means but that's what it says online today?

My son Nicholas PeterB. Is only 8 years old next month. I'm sure she will do it again and again. Its just how this new breed is programmed. Here's how it reads:

"Activity Date: 5/8/2013 Participant: B. PETER J.

STRIKE FROM THE CALL - ALLOWED -

Court Room: 3005

Judge: LOPEZ MARK JOSEPH
Microfilm: DR100000000 "

BTW $37.00 to park downtown Chicago garage for about 2.5hrs
Old 05-11-2013, 10:14 PM
BOUT X
Corvette Cowboy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

When I got married back in 1982 the ex and I said if it dont work we still raise the kids together. If one cheats they leave no question and I said if I decide to leave her and the kids then I pay CS SS if she leaves she takes her **** and goes. Well after 20 yrs she left and then I found out who I really married what a @unt she became and NOW I WILL NEVER ENTER A CONTRACT WITH THE STATE AGAIN the state tried to get me to pay CS to her and the Kids lived with me WTF all is better now she lives 1/2 mile away we are still friends because she is my kids Mom AND THATS THE ONLY REASON. So now I live by this picture

Pops
Old 05-12-2013, 11:56 AM
thmehr
Instructor

A friend of my told me about his ex. She had a great high paying job for 2 plus years before the divorce. She did not like her new job and went back to her old $20,000 year job. Six months later, she wanted a divorce. Of course, she wanted half of her husband's income. He started a business and was not making much, during her high paying years but things turned around and he was doing well. This allowed her to go back to her old job. So, in the end, she had to pay him because the court said she could go back to earning those high wages and his income was not stable since he was only in year 3 of his business. She supported the family during those years and she could do it again as the Judge said. I guess she was so furious at the Judge that she got fined with a Contempt of Court charge and spent 48 hours in jail. A win for guys for a change.

Life is a bitch and then you die. Now bend over and give 1/2 of all your stuff to government.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:24 PM
hdkeno
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thmehr
A friend of my told me about his ex. She had a great high paying job for 2 plus years before the divorce. She did not like her new job and went back to her old $20,000 year job. Six months later, she wanted a divorce. Of course, she wanted half of her husband's income. He started a business and was not making much, during her high paying years but things turned around and he was doing well. This allowed her to go back to her old job. So, in the end, she had to pay him because the court said she could go back to earning those high wages and his income was not stable since he was only in year 3 of his business. She supported the family during those years and she could do it again as the Judge said. I guess she was so furious at the Judge that she got fined with a Contempt of Court charge and spent 48 hours in jail. A win for guys for a change.

Life is a bitch and then you die. Now bend over and give 1/2 of all your stuff to government.
So true, and it seems to get worse day by day.......
Old 05-12-2013, 03:28 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

sounds like she's angry and jealous.

Quick Reply: Dang! My Exwife sawC5my Torch Red Vert & now shes taking me 2court for CS increase:/