Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Z06] Do c5 z06 have TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 07:02 PM
Murph'ZO6
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Activating TPMS with a Tech II, how is this possible?

can you help me?
Originally Posted by formerfoxbody
No c5 z06 came with tpms activated or EMT(run flat)tires installed. I used a TechII and activated mine and activated the auto headlight function as well. It sure is nice to check tire pressure from the DIC and be notified when I have a low tire!
Old 02-25-2019, 07:13 PM
Murph'ZO6
2nd Gear

Default Activating TPMS with a Tech II, how is this possible?

I might be in luck. When they installed my tires they also installed the sensors for a C5. And will this Tech ll enable me to set temperature for the fans , regulate RPM with the rev limiter and what is this about the headlights ?! =formerfoxbody;1584938161]No c5 z06 came with tpms activated or EMT(run flat)tires installed. I used a TechII and activated mine and activated the auto headlight function as well. It sure is nice to check tire pressure from the DIC and be notified when I have a low tire![/QUOTE]
Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM
JPIPER
1st Gear

Originally Posted by formerfoxbody
No c5 z06 came with tpms activated or EMT(run flat)tires installed. I used a TechII and activated mine and activated the auto headlight function as well. It sure is nice to check tire pressure from the DIC and be notified when I have a low tire!
I'm interested in doing the same to my 04 Z06; to activate the TPMS system so that I can upgrade my tires and wheels to 18/19 with run flats. I contacted my local Corvette dealer and inquired if they could activate for me using the Tech II tool and they said they had not heard of this ability and wanted to know the GM technical bulletin number that described this process. I'm hoping there is some one on the forum that can help me convey to the dealer how to do this(or GM bulletin no)...sounds crazy I know. I've already ordered the tires and wheels based upon this thread and now it seems I've entered the "rabbit hole" in wonderland and if I can find anyone who knows the details on how to use the dealer tool . Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Follow up; I just found the answer to my question in the C5 GM Tech Line tech bulletin covering "Tire Pressure Monitoring System Info" dated 2003. The article covers enabling the "receiver" in new cars shipped with TPM turned off under the "Additonal Tips" section. The Tech 2 tool steps/process are defined and easy to read. Hope this helps some one else looking to convince a dealer or service center to look beyond the end of their nose....

Last edited by JPIPER; 04-13-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Do c5 z06 have TPMS