Sponsored by:

[Z06] Do c5 z06 have TPMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 06:29 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do c5 z06 have TPMS

Do c5 z06 come with tire pressure monitor sensors from the factory? Reason I ask is because I have some wheels that came off a c6 vette and my wheels have TPMS installed. I broke the one on my rear driver side and dont want to replace it if I dont have to...
Old 09-15-2013, 06:31 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine don't.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:42 PM
amlarson2001
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes they do come with TPMS. I believe you have to have the right model TPMS for it to work. If you have c6 wills with TPMS in them they may not work.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:00 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

I dont have actual c6 wheels, but im willing to bet the sensors in the wheels are c6 sensors since they came off a c6 car. Does anyone know if c6 sensors will work? If not, can I just have the place put a normal valve stem back in place of where this sensor was? (my wheels have dual valve stems)
Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

C5 Z06s did not come with TPMS. You got an old school tire pressure gauge in the owners manual though!
Old 09-15-2013, 07:51 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
C5 Z06s did not come with TPMS. You got an old school tire pressure gauge in the owners manual though!

Old school tire pressure gauge? I dont have the owners manual to mine.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:52 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TXshaggy

No TPMS in C5Z's. Not only did you get the old school tire pressure gauge checker, you got a fix a flat kit in the back right side of the trunk area. If yours doesn't have it, someone before you sold it.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 93civEJ1
Old school tire pressure gauge? I dont have the owners manual to mine.
It's the one that looks like a pen and when you take a reading, the pole slides out from the bottom of it giving you the reading.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Cruncher
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My '03 Z06 didn't come from the factory with TPMS. Personally, I wouldn't waste my $'s on worthless carp like that. It's just another Gooberment regulation that adds needles cost to vehicles.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:00 PM
93civEJ1
Pro

Originally Posted by bluestreak63
It's the one that looks like a pen and when you take a reading, the pole slides out from the bottom of it giving you the reading.
ah i have plenty of those...haha.
Old 09-16-2013, 04:03 PM
Zmeister
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Did the Z06 come equipped with TPMS??? Well, yes, and no.
The hardware and software for TPMS are in the car, but, disabled from the factory and the car did not come with the TPMS sensors in the wheels. The dealer, or someone with a TechII programmer can enable the TPMS system in the car and you'd have to add the sensors to the wheels.
I'd like to activate my system some day, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet. To many other issues to address on the car first!
This is what I understand from my reading on the Forum and other resources. There's always the possibility that I am wrong, and, if that's the case then.....nevermind.
The following users liked this post:
JPIPER (04-11-2019)
Old 09-16-2013, 04:19 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

No C5 Z06's came with TPS on the wheels, plus they also did not come with run flat tires, so they figured you would know when a tire went flat.

Like most other things on the Z06, the non-runflat tires were lighter.
I am still running the Goodyear F1 Supercar tires on mine, like were on it from the factory..

As pointed out, the software is there, but the hardware is not.
The following users liked this post:
ArmchairArchitect (02-26-2019)
Old 09-16-2013, 04:57 PM
RedZMonte
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TEXHAWK0
No C5 Z06's came with TPS on the wheels, plus they also did not come with run flat tires, so they figured you would know when a tire went flat.

Like most other things on the Z06, the non-runflat tires were lighter.
I am still running the Goodyear F1 Supercar tires on mine, like were on it from the factory..

As pointed out, the software is there, but the hardware is not.
Im positive that my OEM Supercars where run flats on my 04Z... had a leaky tire that wouldnt stay inflated... but the tire would not go "Flat" with next to no air in it... noticed the car handled a little funny and the sidewall was developing a wear line on the sidewall. so you might want to double check your tires, should say "Run Flat" or "RTF" (Run Flat Technology) on the side wall if they are OEM orginal Supercars.

FYI couple venders here on the forum offer the hardware you need to add/replace a sensor for the wheels.. again needs activated with a TECH II, there are many articals about it on here if you search.

S
Old 09-16-2013, 07:56 PM
TXshaggy
Drifting

Received 1,093 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by RedZMonte
Im positive that my OEM Supercars where run flats on my 04Z... had a leaky tire that wouldnt stay inflated... but the tire would not go "Flat" with next to no air in it... noticed the car handled a little funny and the sidewall was developing a wear line on the sidewall. so you might want to double check your tires, should say "Run Flat" or "RTF" (Run Flat Technology) on the side wall if they are OEM orginal Supercars.

FYI couple venders here on the forum offer the hardware you need to add/replace a sensor for the wheels.. again needs activated with a TECH II, there are many articals about it on here if you search.

S
I'm the original owner of an 04Z and I can definitively state it did not come with run flats
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 PM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RedZMonte

S
If you had runflat tires, then someone changed them.. I don't think Goodyear even makes a runflat tire in the Z06 sizes. By the way, they were called EMT (extended mobility).

Below is what came on the Z06's. As someone said, if they were runflats, why would they give you a compressor and a bottle of tire sealer in the trunk?
Name:  f1sc_zpsc06a9b5a.jpg
Views: 2149
Size:  73.7 KB

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 09-16-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:38 PM
formerfoxbody
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No c5 z06 came with tpms activated or EMT(run flat)tires installed. I used a TechII and activated mine and activated the auto headlight function as well. It sure is nice to check tire pressure from the DIC and be notified when I have a low tire!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:54 PM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

They don't come with it, but the Computer is the same. I added them to '04Z and am happy I did, they are more accurate then most gauges. And having had a flat on my M3, I can tell you with very low profile tires it is not easy to tell at first. Now I can flick through the menu and know in seconds.

Get notified of new replies

To Do c5 z06 have TPMS

Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JETninja
, they are more accurate then most gauges. .
Not necessarily more accurate than a good dial gage.
They are 4 separate devices, where if you check them with the same gage, you know they are consistent.

I have on TPS on my Camaro that is 2 psi off the rest and it drives me nuts!

It is an easily checked indicator, but even GM recommends you check the pressures periodically with a good gage...
Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 AM
JeremyGSU
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JETninja
They don't come with it, but the Computer is the same. I added them to '04Z and am happy I did, they are more accurate then most gauges. And having had a flat on my M3, I can tell you with very low profile tires it is not easy to tell at first. Now I can flick through the menu and know in seconds.
How much does it cost to add the system? Also, if one goes bad or loses too much pressure does it throw the car in limp mode?
Old 09-18-2013, 09:02 AM
JETninja
Melting Slicks

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
WA Events Coordinator

You have to use the 01-04 Sensors, I bought mine used here, new ones are sold by several vendors. If a battery dies, you have to replace the sensor, no limp mode. I went to a local dealer and it took awhile for him to figure out how to enable it, but we did at 20mins. No Charge....more info in the Faq sticky...

Quick Reply: [Z06] Do c5 z06 have TPMS